Miami Dolphins name Mike McDaniel as Head Coach | Page 57 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins name Mike McDaniel as Head Coach

Reason = Not an alpha. To lead a locker room you need to be an alpha among alphas.

People don't need to agree with each other, it's their opinion, no need to be a prick. However, I will be proven right. Feel free to bring this post up in 2 years tough guy.
Not true at all. I'm a beta personality and was the captain of my college basketball team for 2 years. The idea of only Alpha's leading is moron speak and generally most people don't listen to alphas. Also, I retired as the Senior Enlisted Leader of 104 people at my last comms center in the Navy.

This nerdy dipstick is not a leader of men, has no head coaching experience....

No HC experience, true, and with our current situation, that worried me at first, but his references have eased my concern. Saying that he is no leader of men is simply untrue, if we listen to those that he has led. One compared him to Mr Myagi. I'll take that. Briefs called him a players coach that guys relate to. Players coach is loaded of course, but context was positive. Andrew Hawkins back in Cleveland....""If you're honest with players, that's all they want," Hawkins said. "To be honest and to put you in a position to be better. He's put those guys in a position to be their best. He'll get everyone pushing in one direction. Make the game easier for you. That's what guys gravitate to. Kyle Shanahan, that's his philosophy, too. I'm excited about Mike. When it comes to football minds, he may be the best of the bunch."

Source of my player quotes...

Just watched interview with McDaniel. He is modest but he is smart. He speaks of team energy and how he likes Tua's energy and going to surround him with what he needs. But especially impressed how he shuts down I'm an offensive coach being and HC, said, when you are OC, you need to know and learn about D.

Just watched interview with McDaniel. He is modest but he is smart. He speaks of team energy and how he likes Tua's energy and going to surround him with what he needs. But especially impressed how he shuts down I'm an offensive coach being and HC, said, when you are OC, you need to know and learn about D.
I am enjoying listening to him.

Was banging the table for him as soon as he was mentioned as a candidate. So excited to see what he can do.

Not surprising, it's obvious this guy was the target.

My thoughts:

1. Much better hiring process than we had with Flores. Flores was totally unqualified to be an NFL head coach. Just an awful hire, completely wrong priorities there. I blame Ross and Grier 100%.

2. The Shanahan tree is an improvement over what we've had recently. Those guys understand things like the need for a rushing offense, complementary defense, and putting your quarterbacks in positions where they can succeed, rather than expecting them to run Tom Brady's offense like Tom Brady and thinking that the phrase 'Do Your Job' is meaningful.

3. I'm not impressed with McDaniel himself. Just being honest. Don't like how he presents himself and I think he's going to have to enjoy some kind of immediate success or things could turn disastrous quickly.

4. Which leads me to my last point, the major problems with this franchise are still in place: Steve Ross and Chris Grier.

I think McDaniel has stepped into a situation where he's almost certain to fail, which is a shame, but that was going to be the case for anyone this team could hire. The handful of people with enough strength of personality and competence at the job are either already employed elsewhere or retired.
If grier and Ross are making their head coach do irresponsible stupid things like when to start a rookie Qb when he’s not ready then he’s fooked, we’re fooked.

If grier and Ross are making their head coach do irresponsible stupid things like when to start a rookie Qb when he’s not ready then he’s fooked, we’re fooked.
You actually responded to him?

Well, until we can prove Flores was that stupid, it’s hard for me to clear Grier and Ross of that action.
He's a poster who didn't want McDaniel because he hadn't shaved in a few months.

Grain of salt with his posts.

Back
Top Bottom