Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa ‘on a mission.’ How he’s spending his offseason | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa ‘on a mission.’ How he’s spending his offseason

If only Rosen had that same work ethic guy has the natural abilities

Imagine if these guys worked just as hard:

• Offensive line getting stronger and working on formations, calls and stunts.
  • Jones working on pickoffs.
  • Gesicki learning to block.
  • The receivers honing their routes and blocking downfield.
  • Running backs plowing throw the first tackler.
  • Preston Williams working on improving on his drops.
  • Wilkins learning how to celebrate without jumping on anyone weighing less then him.
  • Sanders working on more passes :UP:

Tua’ s defining moment for me was when he chased down the dude saving a sure TD after Karras blunder Tua took off over over 50 yards and tackled him it was not a shoelace job either

He could have backed out of that situation but he Has a compete level that will define his career

I am not worried about TDs and completions they will come in bunches - the dude wasn’t supposed to be on the field and he is not playing afraid

He wins games who cares about the loser stats - loser stats are for losers winning is what he does
For me it was how he responded in the second half of the arizona game last year.He did not give up and showed his heart and made me a believer

Just sad that members here (a lot of them longtime posters) have to keep posting negative **** all the time when it comes to Tua. Jesus people, give him this year at least to see what he's got. We're all Dolphins fans. Support the guy!

This. Considering 99% of people thought he wouldn't even play a single snap last season due to the injury, surely the fact that he did, and showed some glimpses of very good QB play, can only be a positive? He seems like a great lad with a work ethic most would people would kill for.

i was critical of tuas play as a whole last season, and i feel like my critiques were all legit, he had some ups and plenty of downs and i feel i called it how i saw it on a weekly basis but i was never calling for us to move on from him after the small sample size and investment...the offense struggled, sometimes due to him individually but it also had to do with numerous other things as well

i continuously said i expected him to watch the film and admit that his play wasnt good enough and that he wouldnt make excuses about being surrounded by trash and that hed put in the work to improve his game

so im not surprised tua is putting in the work...i expect him to be improved in his grasp of the offense and be more comfortable which will lead to more confidence and he will play more fluid especially with more time removed from the injury...he now has 2 receivers with insane speed and a track record of getting good separation quickly and he is now THE guy so he should be able to take on the leadership role without feeling like hes stepping on Fitzpatricks toes who was liked by everyone...he should have more chemistry with his teammates

tua struggled last year, theres no problem with admitting it...but im also confident everything will be ok and tua will be better this season and will keep improving because he doesnt seem like the kind of guy to be complacent, he always wants to be the best and ultimately win

i was critical of tuas play as a whole last season, and i feel like my critiques were all legit, he had some ups and plenty of downs and i feel i called it how i saw it on a weekly basis but i was never calling for us to move on from him after the small sample size and investment...the offense struggled, sometimes due to him individually but it also had to do with numerous other things as well

i continuously said i expected him to watch the film and admit that his play wasnt good enough and that he wouldnt make excuses about being surrounded by trash and that hed put in the work to improve his game

so im not surprised tua is putting in the work...i expect him to be improved in his grasp of the offense and be more comfortable which will lead to more confidence and he will play more fluid especially with more time removed from the injury...he now has 2 receivers with insane speed and a track record of getting good separation quickly and he is now THE guy so he should be able to take on the leadership role without feeling like hes stepping on Fitzpatricks toes who was liked by everyone...he should have more chemistry with his teammates

tua struggled last year, theres no problem with admitting it...but im also confident everything will be ok and tua will be better this season and will keep improving because he doesnt seem like the kind of guy to be complacent, he always wants to be the best and ultimately win
Spot on.

A simple "like" was not enough to express how accurate of a statement that is.

Spot on.

A simple "like" was not enough to express how accurate of a statement that is.
thanks bro...i really am confident tua will be much improved from last season, he saw the film and saw what we all saw

this is a guy who has the will to be great tho so im not worried, he was never allowed to swim in the beautiful waters of hawaii and he had to do cone drills in the sand, hard work is ingrained in him by his father

Reality is that while we would all like to imagine that the players on the team we root for are putting in a ton of extra work, the fact is that they don't all do that. And while it is his job, people put in different levels of effort regardless of the job. I am good at my job, but there are certainly others who work harder than me. I work hard, but I tend to go home and not think about the job much while others put in a ton of after hours, unpaid work.

Hearing that Tua is putting in the extra work is a real positive. It's not a surprise b/c he's always had that reputation, but it's still nice to hear. Those acting like it's just a fluff piece are naive as to what really happens on NFL teams. Almost all NFL players work hard. They are in the top 1% of their profession and few get there without a ton of hard work at least relative to 99% of the population. But even amongst those hard workers there are some who work harder. Certainly a guy like Brady would not have achieved what he has without out-working so many of his hard working contemporaries. So hearing that Tua may be living up to that reputation as a guy who might have that Brady-like level of determination is a very good thing and something that should make all Dolphin fans happy. Saying that any Dolphin fan who is happy to hear this is a fluffer is both juvenile and insulting.

Reality is that while we would all like to imagine that the players on the team we root for are putting in a ton of extra work, the fact is that they don't all do that. And while it is his job, people put in different levels of effort regardless of the job. I am good at my job, but there are certainly others who work harder than me. I work hard, but I tend to go home and not think about the job much while others put in a ton of after hours, unpaid work.

Hearing that Tua is putting in the extra work is a real positive. It's not a surprise b/c he's always had that reputation, but it's still nice to hear. Those acting like it's just a fluff piece are naive as to what really happens on NFL teams. Almost all NFL players work hard. They are in the top 1% of their profession and few get there without a ton of hard work at least relative to 99% of the population. But even amongst those hard workers there are some who work harder. Certainly a guy like Brady would not have achieved what he has without out-working so many of his hard working contemporaries. So hearing that Tua may be living up to that reputation as a guy who might have that Brady-like level of determination is a very good thing and something that should make all Dolphin fans happy. Saying that any Dolphin fan who is happy to hear this is a fluffer is both juvenile and insulting.
some players skate by on their physical gifts, some guys were always bigger and stronger and faster than guys theyd go up against in high school and college and they get to the nfl and think they can still get by on that instead of refining their route running or whatever it may be

Means nothing. We heard similar thing about Charles Harris couple years ago, and almost most of the high rounds in every team every year. It is just the fact.
I don't care what you do off season. Show me what you can do on the field

Just sad that members here (a lot of them longtime posters) have to keep posting negative **** all the time when it comes to Tua. Jesus people, give him this year at least to see what he's got. We're all Dolphins fans. Support the guy!

Sadly some can't! That "ego" thing gets in the way. What if you're wrong about your strong position against the kid? Then you have to acknowledege that you were wrong and for some that's worst than death.

Sad, but true!

I don't care personally. The same way i saw the Gesicki talent BEFORE the numbers started to show it. I've seen enough brilliance in some of Tua's plays: His throws and ball placement to say, "Wow! We have something special here."

Back
Top Bottom