Miami Dolphins should sign punter Matt Araiza so he can kick it to the Bills | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins should sign punter Matt Araiza so he can kick it to the Bills

So are we trying to prove some sort of point about this guy? About redemption for the falsely accused? Why? Who cares if he's been cleared? As pointed out earlier in the thread, we have two capable punters on the roster already which is more than enough. If he was a WR, should we bring him in "just because"?

I want no part of him and what he did. That was no false claim

You have no point.

Basically, your position is that the action of someone lying about being raped by you does not in the same category that being raped is.

Then you try to bolster your position by proposing the accused's alibi is invalid because it comes from a friend.

What do you have to say about the videos the DA has of the situation being called a rape, where the "victim" is calling out a man who won't have sex with her as a homosexual, making the concept of a rape occurring being nonsensical. This was enough to cause the charges of rape to be dismissed against the participants who had sex with this woman and an NFL player who wasn't even there.

You ignore the injustice that an intentional false accusation leads to.

People have been institutionalized and even put to death because of false accusations. To ignore all this, even after proof of the accusation being false is presented, then you are clearly incoherent!

Well personally I like to believe where there's smoke sometimes there is fire. I guess I'm saying I would be happy with the third-best punter in the NFL and hopefully he's a high quality individual. You gain a net of three or four more yards per punt is not worth the stain

So are we trying to prove some sort of point about this guy? About redemption for the falsely accused? Why? Who cares if he's been cleared? As pointed out earlier in the thread, we have two capable punters on the roster already which is more than enough. If he was a WR, should we bring him in "just because"?

We all know that his kicking ability in the NFL has been demonstrated and shown to be good.

That's better credentials than college football can provide, so why in the world wouldn't we want to try him out this preseason?

Since the complaints against him were unsubstantiated, the DA reviewing the case dismissed it, so there is no "baggage" with this guy. The Bills are just embarrassed. They should be - LOL

Another good reason to look at him is that he may have a justifiable grudge against our divisional opponent, the Bills.

Well personally I like to believe where there's smoke sometimes there is fire. I guess I'm saying I would be happy with the third-best punter in the NFL and hopefully he's a high quality individual. You gain a net of three or four more yards per punt is not worth the stain

You may want to get your vision checked.
That smoke you see is perception and not reality.

Contact the San Diego DA if you need "clarification". - LOL

I feel like Michael Turk will end up being our punter. I would've liked some competition for Jason Sanders, however.

We have a lot of "grudge" players playing against us this year apparently do we want to try to even the score by signing one? An eye for an eye or do we want to be the "Bigger Team" and just go with the youth movement here? What say you?

The dude is a punter.

A. ****ing. Punter.

Screw him.

I’m all for improving the roster, but adding this controversy NOW, to THIS team … over a ****ing PUNTER?!?

Some of y’all must be incredibly goddamn bored waiting for the season to start. :lol:

A ****ing punter. :bobdole:

Pretty much my feelings.

I saw his interview and he came off well-spoken, thoughtful and fully aware of the position the Buffalo Bills found themselves in when this surfaced and even after the case was dropped. I was particularly impressed with his "even" demeanor throughout the interview. I suspect that this actually how he carries himself to some extent in real life.

It appears the woman involved is trying to intimidate him with the civil lawsuit just to obtain a settlement. She should have thought of that before she killed his source of income.

Wouldn't it be poetic justice if he makes the team (he is a great kicker), stays in the NFL long enough to live "happily ever after", and that woman not only never sees a penny from him but gets convicted of lying to the police.

The police have video of her "sexual exploits" where the guy she said took her to the room had left the party an hour before the "fun" started. Apparently one of the men in the room refused to "partake" in the event and she called him a homosexual because he turned her down. I imagine that will make "rape" allegations "hard to support".
(Sorry VAARK - I know it seems like a poor choice of words, but I just couldn't help it)

Maybe she can start her own internet blog based on her new, upcoming notoriety.

Rape is a terrible crime.
Falsely accusing someone of rape is an even worse crime.

The best possible outcome I can see is this guy earning a position on our team and we end up beating the Bill's twice this year, based on our fourth quarter kicking game.

I see a really great season coming up for the Dolphins and this would just be "icing on the cake". - LOL
Falsely accusing someone of anything is awful...but to say it is worse than actually raping someone is pretty ****ed up.

I’ll take the accusation all day so long as the women in my life never have to go through that ordeal.

I’m sure you’d rather be raped than be accused of it. Right?
This is the most ridiculous comment I have ever read.

I cannot imagine how it is possible to think that false accusations against someone's son are remotely acceptable on the premise that it is better to destroy someone's life than to have a crime committed against "your women".

As a father of sons, I reject this perspective, if this had happened to one of my sons, I would show the complete absence of compassion and mercy toward the accuser. I would hold this "woman" accountable in every way I could come up with....period.

Back
Top Bottom