Miami most likely to hold on to Rosen | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami most likely to hold on to Rosen

Brad Johnson
Jim Puckett
Brett Favre
Steve Young
Drew Brees
Kirby Puckett?

Jim Plunket?

Late bloomer either way I guess.

Young wasn't a late bloomer, by any means. He started out with a dumster fire franchise, then sat behind Montana.

I wouldn't put Favre in that catagory either.

Context of specific situations is relevant here, IMO.

Considering this was the 1st step in a rebuild, starting lesser talent is starting Davenport over Tunsil...McCain over Fitzpatrick...Laird over Drake.

If you are trying to "look see", this was the year to do it. Instead we didn't even swing and miss on players like Eric McKoy, Max Sharping, Juan Thornhill, Zach Allen, and Chase Winovich...all players were could have taken with the Rosen pick.
Davenport and Laird never started until Tunsil and Drake were gone and Minkah started every game while he was here.
as far as Rosen goes, I'll give you this quote on why the coach started Fitzpatrick over Rosen:
"...I think it’s easy for people to sit and say, ‘Hey, you should do this and that or this and that.’ I don’t think those same people would stand in front of that group and say, ‘Hey, this is in the best interest of the team to win this week..."
The whole team knew Rosen wasn't as good. Starting him just for a "look-see" would be a quick way to lose the rest of them

Kirby Puckett?

Jim Plunket?

Late bloomer either way I guess.

Young wasn't a late bloomer, by any means. He started out with a dumster fire franchise, then sat behind Montana.

I wouldn't put Favre in that catagory either.

Context of specific situations is relevant here, IMO.

Lol...Did not see that Plunkett fail...My brain is failing.

Young threw more INTS then TDs his 1st two years, and his QB ratings was in the 60s. Rosen did not exactly get on very talented teams.

Though I somewhat agree that Favre did not deserve to be on this list like the others, he did little in Atlanta to start, or even be kept, and once he reached the Packers, in his 1st two years he threw more INTs then TDs, and had average to below average QB ratings.

Lol...Did not see that Plunkett fail...My brain is failing.

Young threw more INTS then TDs his 1st two years, and his QB ratings was in the 60s. Rosen did not exactly get on very talented teams.

Though I somewhat agree that Favre did not deserve to be on this list like the others, he did little in Atlanta to start, or even be kept, and once he reached the Packers, in his 1st two years he threw more INTs then TDs, and had average to below average QB ratings.
Favre had a propensity for picks his entire career. It kind of goes with the "gunslinger" mentality.

I think maybe we disagree on what a "late bloomer" is.

I don't think taking two years to develop is that unreasonable. A lot of it depends on coaching, and the team around them.

P. Manning, and Aikman had horrible 1st seasons. Most guys take a little longer.

Look at a guy like Big Ben. He was no great shakes the first couple years, but the staff "eased" him in, and by running the ball, and playing very solid D, he had a chance to develop.

I would say all we've learned about Rosen so far is he doesn't look good at this point when asked to lead a bad offense. I don't think that's so rare for a young qb. That doesn't mean he won't get better and that doesn't mean he won't relax and improve some areas of his game once the rest of the offense is clicking and playing at least decent football. We've seen what Mayfield, Allen, Darnold and Rudolph looked like when their offenses struggled too.

Last edited:
it's gonna be Rosen and Jalen Hurts competing for the job
As long as Hurts is not selected until the 5th round o have no problem with this. I think the stink of Alabama has probably washed off by now.

Davenport and Laird never started until Tunsil and Drake were gone and Minkah started every game while he was here.
as far as Rosen goes, I'll give you this quote on why the coach started Fitzpatrick over Rosen:
"...I think it’s easy for people to sit and say, ‘Hey, you should do this and that or this and that.’ I don’t think those same people would stand in front of that group and say, ‘Hey, this is in the best interest of the team to win this week..."
The whole team knew Rosen wasn't as good. Starting him just for a "look-see" would be a quick way to lose the rest of them
That sure was some quote to leave me with.

Lose the rest of the team???

What "rest of the team" are you speaking of? Mike Gesicki...or Deion Calhoun? Evan Boehm...or Kalen Ballage? Jesse Davis...or Preston Williams? Charles Harris...Nik Needham? Are you sensing a pattern here? Ain't not one of the names above built up enough cache' to have an opinion about anything but doing their job.

Back
Top Bottom