Miami most likely to hold on to Rosen | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami most likely to hold on to Rosen

Makes no sense to have traded for Rosen if your not going to give him a proper chance, meaning ride the whole season with him, sink or swim. The only rookie QB I’d play day 1 would be Burrow, but that’s not probably happening. If we draft Tua, he’ll need a year to recover from the injury, and any other rookie QB will need a year of seasoning before throwing them in.

I do not want to see Fitz start this year. Keep him in on to mentor whoever we draft, but more as a coach and practice mentor.

Ride next year with Rosen, and see what we have with him. Yeah, he didn’t show much is his limited opportunities last year, but give him the benefit of the doubt.

Wouldn't be surprised if Tua starts game 9, IF he's a Fin. Not a prediction, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Oh Lord. This guy is the new Tannehill except he doesn't even start. I am sure Finheaven will speak of his value and potential until the day he gets cut... and still some people will say we never gave him a shot.

The Arizona Cardinals were dumb enough to draft him in the top 10 and we were dumb enough to trade for him, and some of you are still blindly holding on to the hope that Chris Grier wasn't wrong on this too.

Good ol Finheaven. Where Tua is too big of a risk and Tom Brady and Cam Newton are washed up for sure, but Josh Rosen could be the future. Sad and laughable.

Oh Lord. This guy is the new Tannehill except he doesn't even start. I am sure Finheaven will speak of his value and potential until the day he gets cut... and still some people will say we never gave him a shot.

The Arizona Cardinals were dumb enough to draft him in the top 10 and we were dumb enough to trade for him, and some of you are still blindly holding on to the hope that Chris Grier wasn't wrong on this too.

Good ol Finheaven. Where Tua is too big of a risk and Tom Brady and Cam Newton are washed up for sure, but Josh Rosen could be the future. Sad and laughable.

I thought you might just be trying to be sarcastic, then I read your "Professional Armchair GM Extraordinaire and President of the Fire Chris Grier Fan Club! " identifier and it all started to make sense.

No one can accuse you of not being up front with your opinions or how deeply you hold them!

Oh, c'mon, man.

It's one thing to be optimistic. It's a whole different thing to suggest that Josh Rosen is going to take his second team to a conference championship game. You might want to tone down that optimism a little.

Not playing Rosen this season was one of Flores miscalculations if we're talking long term sustainability IMO.

Playing Rosen this year would have served two purposes:
  1. Giving Rosen a serious tryout for us.
  2. Having Rosen audition for a team come this time of year.
The hidden check in all this is is that we wouldn't be on the verge of getting fleeced by Detroit/Washington/Giants because Rosen doubtfully would have won 5 games...even though when he was benched he was playing as bad as Fitzpatrick was when he was benched for Rosen.

It's water under the bridge now, but the positives of playing Rosen this year outweighed the positives of not playing him.

I wanted to ride with Rosen as well. Bad season- better pick. Good season- we found a QB.

But you can't take away anything from Fitz and anyone who tries, IMO, is a hater. That old man was ducking and dodging and running for his life AND putting up jump balls that brought Parker and Preston to life.

We also essentially put Rosen under the same situation he had in Arizona. We were foolish to expect better results. Now, he's got his 3rd OC in the same amount of years.

Best case scenario for those of us who want to give Rosen a full opportunity is that he shines in Gailey's system and beats out Fitz in TC.

Then again, the entire point is moot if we can't shore up the Oline.

A rebuilding team that's searching for multiple QBs for the future, has plenty of roster space for developmental projects, and continues to invest in low-cost, low-risk fliers?

Oh, wait. That's the Dolphins!

Also sounds like the xfl, which seems a better fit

The fact that Miami would even entertain the idea, and actually speak to teams about trading up for a quarterback tells you all you need to know about Josh Rosen. Which is why they're not very good at playing the draft game.

They can avoid poor mouthing him all they want. Nobody is buying it.

Very true but can you honestly state that Rosen was given a fair shot behind an atrocious Oline and zero running game?

And I still believe that even if we would've made the playoffs with Rosen, we would still be drafting a QB in this draft. Obviously, not in the 1st or 2nd but in the 3 to 5 range.

I think, or hope, this coaching staff/FO is starting to realize the mistakes of the past and know they need to bring in fresh QB blood to groom behind whatever QB we have starting. I have zero example to go on in that assumption but if you're going to operate much like Belicheat, you want that QB waiting in the wings for the future.

I wanted to ride with Rosen as well. Bad season- better pick. Good season- we found a QB.

But you can't take away anything from Fitz and anyone who tries, IMO, is a hater. That old man was ducking and dodging and running for his life AND putting up jump balls that brought Parker and Preston to life.

We also essentially put Rosen under the same situation he had in Arizona. We were foolish to expect better results. Now, he's got his 3rd OC in the same amount of years.

Best case scenario for those of us who want to give Rosen a full opportunity is that he shines in Gailey's system and beats out Fitz in TC.

Then again, the entire point is moot if we can't shore up the Oline.

I actually enjoyed watching Fitz play last year. I know he isn't the future, and isn't going to any pro bowls, but he displayed the heart and fire I want in all my players.

He didn't have to put his head down, and will his way to 1st downs, and TDs, on a team that was going nowhere. He did so because he loves to play.

I actually enjoyed watching Fitz play last year. I know he isn't the future, and isn't going to any pro bowls, but he displayed the heart and fire I want in all my players.

He didn't have to put his head down, and will his way to 1st downs, and TDs, on a team that was going nowhere. He did so because he loves to play.

And his attitude seemed to be infectious. I also enjoyed watching him play with a smile on his face.

You don't think starting the obvious lesser talent would offend the rest of the team full of lesser talent?

Fixed it for you....

:lol: Good stuff.

As much as I disliked the decision to not play Rosen, though, there's no way to defend not starting a Fitz that was giving you all out effort.

In the long run, you may be right. I may be more on your side that who cares what the current lack of talent wants if you're operating in the best interest of the future (at least that's what I think you're saying).

Either way, the fact that it does send a negative message, IMO, can't be debated. As a coach, you're supposed to start the better player, no?

Back
Top Bottom