Miami most likely to hold on to Rosen | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami most likely to hold on to Rosen

You don't think starting the obvious lesser talent would offend the rest of the team?

You don't think starting the obvious lesser talent would offend the rest of the team full of lesser talent?

Fixed it for you....

lol hey im a gen x'er lol....

I'm a known quantity in concerns to Rosen. Just have never been a fan.

But Gannon had some talent at every stop once he started playing. Kudos on the example.

At the risk of sounding repetitive ...

Take this with a very large grain of salt. Everything you hear now is suspect.

Teams put out lots and lots of disinformation masquerading as leaks. Anyone thinking Rosen is wanted in Miami knows they would have to offer more in trade ... but I absolutely think Rosen is available in trade. The Dolphins WILL draft a future starting QB in the 2020 draft, and I highly suspect they will hang on to Fitzmagic to bridge the gap and mentor the new signal-caller. Rosen isn't likely to be cut, but I think the Dolphins do want to trade him ... and would like to get more than a conditional 6th rounder for him.

The only value Rosen have is he is young and cheap.. I give dolphins 5 rd or 6 rd. Too much better qb options in 2020.

Looks like a missed a great thread today. Stupid Job taking up all my time today. Glad to hear that we are keeping Rosen. No reason to dump the guy at this point. He still has some growing up and developing to do before we can cut bait. At a minimum he will be a cheap back up that is still under a rookie contract. Good camp arm for certain.

Makes no sense to have traded for Rosen if your not going to give him a proper chance, meaning ride the whole season with him, sink or swim. The only rookie QB I’d play day 1 would be Burrow, but that’s not probably happening. If we draft Tua, he’ll need a year to recover from the injury, and any other rookie QB will need a year of seasoning before throwing them in.

I do not want to see Fitz start this year. Keep him in on to mentor whoever we draft, but more as a coach and practice mentor.

Ride next year with Rosen, and see what we have with him. Yeah, he didn’t show much is his limited opportunities last year, but give him the benefit of the doubt.

Agree. There is nothing to talk about. I am not one to fall over myself for underwhelming pet projects.

Just because he is a Dolphin, doesnt mean he gets the blind loyalty he garners from many here. He hasn't earned it. And watching Murray in Arizona grow and prove his worth with a majority of the same oline, just deepens my conviction on the matter.

Just because someone disagrees with you about Rosen doesn’t make them blind loyalists.

You don’t care? Okay.

Deepening convictions about him? Okeydokey!

Don’t want to talk about it? Cool with it.

You equating people vouching for him with blind homerism? Nope.

Looking at his contract and saying, “There are a heck of a lot of worse contracts and options to have as a backup, at worst” isn’t blind loyalty. It’s common sense.

Looking at his age and what’s happened around him for...literally going on four straight years...and saying, “Maybe there’s more here than meets the eye...and it’s (most importantly) not going to hurt a damn thing to keep him on the roster and keep an eye on him” isn’t blind loyalty. It’s common sense.

He costs the Dolphins practically nothing. He’s still very young. It actually costs the Dolphins THREE TIMES as much to get rid of him as it does to keep him.

Wanting him off the team makes zero sense, and if what you’re suggesting as blind loyalty is true, then wanting him gone is just blind hate.

Last edited:
I usually keep my opinions to myself when it comes to players. Ive been right and ive been wrong! Rosen has not had a fair chance! He had some head scratcher moments ill agree, but he also showed signs of why he was rated so high coming out of College. Lets give the kid a fkn chance on a solid offense before we disregard him.

Age doesnt matter to me either. His professional status is he will be entering year 3. His draft status also doesnt matter to me.

As much as I disliked Tannehill, I was far happier to roll with him than draft Rosen.

If you disliked Tannehill as much as you claim, then it makes no sense to say you prefer him over some one else. The only way to be consistent with your initial statement is to say you don't hate Tannehill as much as you hate someone else.

Trying to say you hate some one a lot, but love him in comparison to someone else indicates that both positions you espouse are nothing but hyperbole. Most people outgrow this nonsensical type of comparison once they get past puberty, or their second divorce, whichever comes first.

I usually keep my opinions to myself when it comes to players. Ive been right and ive been wrong! Rosen has not had a fair chance! He had some head scratcher moments ill agree, but he also showed signs of why he was rated so high coming out of College. Lets give the kid a fkn chance on a solid offense before we disregard him.
That would seem like the sensible thing to do. He is costing almost nothing but a roster spot, and he surely has more upside value, even as a backup, than some borderline ST player.

He is young, with pretty good physical tools. If this were any other position, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Makes no sense to have traded for Rosen if your not going to give him a proper chance, meaning ride the whole season with him, sink or swim. The only rookie QB I’d play day 1 would be Burrow, but that’s not probably happening. If we draft Tua, he’ll need a year to recover from the injury, and any other rookie QB will need a year of seasoning before throwing them in.

I do not want to see Fitz start this year. Keep him in on to mentor whoever we draft, but more as a coach and practice mentor.

Ride next year with Rosen, and see what we have with him. Yeah, he didn’t show much is his limited opportunities last year, but give him the benefit of the doubt.

That's your definition of a "proper chance"
As i recalled he played several games in Arizona, he had the offseason here, and he got a few starts.
Now, that doesn't even take into account all the other reps in practice and other behind the scene stuff that we don't see.

Point being, I'm sure they've seen what they need to see.

The Dolphins will start who they feel is the best for the team. I doubt they care who fans wants to see start.
If Rosen wants to be the starter then he needs to out-duel Fitz everyday!

Give him the benefit of the doubt? Sorry this is a professional business...It' doesn't work like that!

Favre had a propensity for picks his entire career. It kind of goes with the "gunslinger" mentality.

I think maybe we disagree on what a "late bloomer" is.

I don't think taking two years to develop is that unreasonable. A lot of it depends on coaching, and the team around them.

P. Manning, and Aikman had horrible 1st seasons. Most guys take a little longer.

Look at a guy like Big Ben. He was no great shakes the first couple years, but the staff "eased" him in, and by running the ball, and playing very solid D, he had a chance to develop.

No, I think we might agree what a late bloomer is. I am not really calling anyone bad, or late bloomer, my point with this is, these are QBs who's stats were not exactly ideal like Rosen, but they eventually turned it around.

I have no idea what type of QB Rosen is, but what I do know is that for two years Rosen has been on two very talent depleted teams, so keeping Rosen one more year on a pretty good cap friendly contract just in case, would not be a bad idea just in case.

Back
Top Bottom