Michael Deiter has been a dud so far | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Deiter has been a dud so far

Wisconsin oline run block. That’s it. Very few have any idea what they’re doing in pass protection.

The trick to evaluating Wisconsin oline is figuring out which ones can pass block. That LT they have this year Van Lanen - kid can get it done.

It was obvious at the Senior bowl the two overrated guards Dieter and Benzschawel were liabilities.

Then why doesn't our guy run block :(

I think TedSlimm referenced Tbaum because everyone defending Griers poor-to-mediocre drafts defends them by saying Tbaum was *actually* in charge.

Grier has not impressed me with drafting when "it was a collaborative" effort and definitely didn't this season.
Grier has been the head of the scouting dep for years now. How many good player have the dolphins drafted under him in the last 6 or 7 years? Not many and 2 of the good ones were shipped out. Hard to be confident in his evaluation and picks going forward

If there's a hope, its Marvin Allen taking the lead on the draft.

Dieter is really bad. He was propped up by fans because of his draft status but he's been abysmal. He's weak in terms of functional strength, and he makes up for it by being unathletic.

Jesse Davis may be a backup swing tackle. Evan Boehm may be able to survive next year, but this crew is amazingly poor.

If it's an offensive lineman, if these geniuses don't draft him in the first round, they can't do it. It's actually a miracle that they don't even get lucky. They have no idea how to identify good linemen, yet we hear how "well respected" the likes of Adam Engroff is. They need an overhaul. Look at how Indianapolis drafts. They get it.

The guys in charge of NFL teams would be gophers in the NBA or MLB. Only in the NFL can you get multi-million per annum jobs by being a meathead. The free market would tell you that the smartest would want these jobs. The owners think like it's 1955 with BLESTO. There is a lack of high level thinking.

Boehm looks good. Due to Deiters size, he needs to be tried at Center. Just look at Deiter, then look at Boehm. Massive difference

I think TedSlimm referenced Tbaum because everyone defending Griers poor-to-mediocre drafts defends them by saying Tbaum was *actually* in charge.

Grier has not impressed me with drafting when "it was a collaborative" effort and definitely didn't this season.

Impressive post!

Very enlightening!

:lol:

I don’t think placing a rookie 3rd round pick in between a back up caliber RT playing out of position at LT and a back up caliber C is a recipe for success. I remember Tunsil looking great at LG when Albert and Pouncey were healthy and wildly mediocre when they missed time. One guy isn’t going to save our OL. I’m looking to see his progress the rest of this year and next year before I worry about the pick.

On the preseason I posted something along the lines of, “so Deiter is ahead of Calhoun” in question form and got laughed at for asking. Well that’s because I thought they both sucked from what I saw.

I don’t think placing a rookie 3rd round pick in between a back up caliber RT playing out of position at LT and a back up caliber C is a recipe for success. I remember Tunsil looking great at LG when Albert and Pouncey were healthy and wildly mediocre when they missed time. One guy isn’t going to save our OL. I’m looking to see his progress the rest of this year and next year before I worry about the pick.
If we can pass judgement on the likes of Tannehill and Rosen behind these guys, we can pass judgement on them. Deiter is suspect. I can't erase his Senior Bowl practices from my mind every time he suits up for us.

Oline will be replaced and upgraded thru free agency. Draft will be QB., edgerusher and playmakers!!

HOPEFULLY

So basically Grier needs to go this year for all this tanking to work. Anyone, anyone got any ideas on how this could happen?

So basically Grier needs to go this year for all this tanking to work. Anyone, anyone got any ideas on how this could happen?

I was shocked he wasn't fired with Gase and Tannebaum. He's getting *at least* one more year, seems like.

Back
Top Bottom