Michael Deiter has been a dud so far | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Deiter has been a dud so far

If we can pass judgement on the likes of Tannehill and Rosen behind these guys, we can pass judgement on them. Deiter is suspect. I can't erase his Senior Bowl practices from my mind every time he suits up for us.

My point is that expecting Deiter to plug in (as a 3rd pick who was arguably over drafted) and be a solid starter as a rookie is unrealistic when the rest of our OL is just as bad. He wasn’t some Quenton Nelson level prospect coming out of college; he had several red flags, one being limited athleticism.

My point is that expecting Deiter to plug in (as a 3rd pick who was arguably over drafted) and be a solid starter as a rookie is unrealistic when the rest of our OL is just as bad. He wasn’t some Quenton Nelson level prospect coming out of college; he had several red flags, one being limited athleticism.

Absolutely. Grier does a great job keeping any of those pesky plug and play offensive lineman away.

Miami better give him a raise and extend him now before one of these other sharp organizations steal him right out from under you.

Anyone got a list of 3rd round rookie OL stepping in to putrid OL' s and looking like a stud by their 5th game? I'm sure it's a long list :lol:

Anyone got a list of 3rd round rookie OL stepping in to putrid OL' s and looking like a stud by their 5th game? I'm sure it's a long list :lol:

I can tell you who was at the top of the list for spending draft picks on UDFA offensive lineman in the 2019 draft :lol:

Here's well Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie should be a big help in finding good late round players that fit the system.

At end of this yr I would love find 2 to 3 starter for next yr on ol

Is that PFF says or are you assuming Davis is average?

If not PFF, why are you using PFF scores for one guy and your opinion for another?

Jesse Davis has a pass blocking grade of 60.4, which isn't spectacular, but it's within the range for an average to below average starter.

So, no, I'm not using grade for one and opinion for another. Nice try, though.

I haven't seen any of our olinemen play at a level I would want to keep going forward.

But Deiter, Jesse Davis and maybe Boehm will be on the roster.

6 or 7 will still be here, but hopefully there are another 6-7 they can compete with.

I can tell you who was at the top of the list for spending draft picks on UDFA offensive lineman in the 2019 draft :lol:

So legitimate question, why have you relegated yourself to high school football if you spend so much time evaluating college players?

Wisconsin oline run block. That’s it. Very few have any idea what they’re doing in pass protection.

The trick to evaluating Wisconsin oline is figuring out which ones can pass block. That LT they have this year Van Lanen - kid can get it done.

It was obvious at the Senior bowl the two overrated guards Dieter and Benzschawel were liabilities.
How is it that professional, paid scouts miss this stuff? There is more access to footage etc than ever before, yet we keep drafting average players in rounds 1-3. X excluded. Heck, even Tunsil is just “good” not great. Then you look at teams like Baltimore who manage to make every draft pick look good somehow. I might be on the fear the Grier train soon...

Drafting player are call taking a chance. They all sound good when mel kipper is talking them up..2020 we need draft 2 qb, 2 pass rusher,3 ot. 2 cb. Free agent 2 ol,2 pass rusher, 1 cb.. or try trade for cam newton..1. looking at this team we missing cam wake pass rush. 2. Need number 2 cb. 3 need help on ol. 4 rb. 5. That would help qb..

Back
Top Bottom