Michael Deiter has been a dud so far | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Deiter has been a dud so far

1. I have zero faith in Grier. He was bad as a scout, and worse as the director of scouting.
2. Cam Newton - Apart from his dress sense, I would be supportive of him coming here. I think he is a very good QB.
3. Deiter - Give him time, a decent tackle and centre next too him, and I think/hope he is solid.

He’s not very good but the whole o line stinks.

most intimidating thing about broehm is his pads

need 5 new starters. Small feat. Lol

No question. I remember before the season somebody pointing out Sack Calhoun, Dieter, Prince, and a few more guys and commenting that you probably have 2 or 3 keepers out of the bunch. I maintained that I didn't even think you had one.

Miami has been so bad at identifying offensive lineman for so long that the fans have adjusted (to use an Awsism) to concede that you simply can't have good, young offensive lineman come in and make an impact and play well. Yes, you can. Everybody else does it.

Drafting player are call taking a chance. They all sound good when mel kipper is talking them up..2020 we need draft 2 qb, 2 pass rusher,3 ot. 2 cb. Free agent 2 ol,2 pass rusher, 1 cb.. or try trade for cam newton..1. looking at this team we missing cam wake pass rush. 2. Need number 2 cb. 3 need help on ol. 4 rb. 5. That would help qb..
Just say no to Cam coming anywhere near these dolphins.

And for every scrub that Grier brings in, they use the excuse that the scrub playing either side of him is the reason the scrub is a scrub - as if all those scrubs forced their way into the facility at gunpoint. They're all there because somebody wanted 'em there.

Wish we had drafted the Jenkins kid from miss st with this 3rd rounder. He might not be the most fleet of foot but he’s a bull and a pile mover.

there’s nothing about dieter upside wise that screams more than average. Jag to average

we need 5 new starters and we’d do well to find 2 of quality in one offseason draft and free agency combined.

Wish we had drafted the Jenkins kid from miss st with this 3rd rounder. He might not be the most fleet of foot but he’s a bull and a pile mover.

there’s nothing about dieter upside wise that screams more than average. Jag to average

we need 5 new starters and we’d do well to find 2 of quality in one offseason draft and free agency combined.

To be honest i haven't watched a game this season, I have better things to do then get pissed off watching this years dolphins games..
Really though is Deiter that bad as you guys are making him out to be or is it just typical game to game overreaction?

I agree though, I'm done with Finesse Olinemen we need some big bullies on this line, Maybe i'm Old School but I am not a fan of this Zone Blocking Crap and the quick but weaker Olinemen it needs to work.. Just get me some damn Maulers that can knock the guy in front of them on their ass for the run game..

Same with the Defensive Tackle position, I don't wan't anymore Godchaux (290 pound) DTs.. I Want Big Boys with strength like Dex Lawrence about 340 pounds of mountain to hold the Middle of the line. I hope to See WIlkins bulk up to about 315 to 325 of Muscle by next year.

Not impressive yet, but this class is very much incomplete, and I always consider UDFA's quasi draft picks.

Round 1 - Not super impressive yet, but solid like the rest of the class imo.
Round 2 - I liked the moves, we get an EXTRA 2nd for next year, plus Rosen on the cheap for a few years. Rosen has been disappointing so far, but he is talented and we needed a talented young player like him at that position, even if he only ends up being a back up.
Round 3 - Deiter, doesn't look so hot.
Round 5 - Incomplete, but imo looks to have some decent potential
Round 6 - Prince, impressive so far, needed a back up RT for the future
Round 7 - Cox/Gaskin - not looking too hot either, but factor in Mark Walton and we potentially got a steal in the 7th or later which is ALWAYS a win.

Probably not a great class, but still incomplete due to the upcoming 2nd and the return of Van Ginkel which could make it quite good.

Grier already has a great draft class to his name, 2016 which he deserves FULL credit for.

Grier has a keen eye for talent and is heading this team in the right direction, meanwhile in Philly superstar GM Howie Roseman got his a** kissed all off-season, but has the second oldest roster in the NFL and his inability to draft well is KILLING the team and destroying their Superbowl window lmfao.

Go Nats!!!

Ita a bad class. But I think Allen will have a lot of say this time. Grier knows this class sucked, he has to, He even know the last one did. Why do I think this? The man already traded his first round pick from just 2 drafts ago. You dont do that if you love a guy.

No question. I remember before the season somebody pointing out Sack Calhoun, Dieter, Prince, and a few more guys and commenting that you probably have 2 or 3 keepers out of the bunch. I maintained that I didn't even think you had one.

Miami has been so bad at identifying offensive lineman for so long that the fans have adjusted (to use an Awsism) to concede that you simply can't have good, young offensive lineman come in and make an impact and play well. Yes, you can. Everybody else does it.

In a time where young players are contributing right away at every level of football our fanbase still thinks you need 3-4 seasons to develop talent.

Not going to lie, I expected Deiter to come in and at least look serviceable at guard. That hasn't happened whatsoever.

He has a putrid 26.2 pass blocking grade from PFF, which is the third lowest of ANY guard that has received playing time in the entire NFL.

Other than Jesse Davis, who is average, the OL next season will need 4 new starters.
Is this correct? By the number of likes maybe it is. Is anyone of the group of Prince, Dieter, Calhoun salvageable? At least back up?

I'm not sure why there is a thread on Dieter. I think for most teams we wouldn't even have an opinion on a third round offensive lineman that was drafted because they were likely only in the lineup in injury situations.

Back
Top Bottom