Mike Gesicki fiercely stands up for Tua. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki fiercely stands up for Tua.

Nice now were getting somewhere... Lets talk about the team around Tua, specifically on offense... how would you grade those receivers Tua was throwing to once Parker, Williams and Gesicki started taking turns at missing games?

Don't feed him.

He’s a nervous as F Bills fan.

I'll be the first one to admit I have been critical of Mike. Early on I said he ran like a drunken baby giraffe. Later on I said he lacked a situational awarness of what he position called for. He doesn't seem to use his body to box out a defender. He is best when the defender is between him and the QB. I wish he could sit down in a soft spot and use his speed to get YAC.

All that said I WANT him on my team. I don't know if I'd pay top 5 TE money but he is close to that worth. Problem is NE just paid two lesser TE's better than top 5 money.

At 12.5 M I'm inclined to pass. 10 M is probably fair. At 7.5 M I'm offering a 5th year player option and 15-20 M fully guaranteed. He has shown to be durable and has improved every year. I'm for rewarding that and taking the gamble on continued improvement. I'd be giving him the assurance of generational wealth so that need not be a concern for him and his family.

There really isn't anyone on the team that has shown more in continual improvement and the ability to be a game changing talent year after year on the team.

So Mike if you read the forum it isn't that I don't have love for you. It is that I felt you are a unicorn and early on we didn't have that luxury and needed a traditional in-line TE to start with. Now I think we have enough talent and I can afford to indulge the mad love that I have for our one and only unicorn.

Nice now were getting somewhere... Lets talk about the team around Tua, specifically on offense... how would you grade those receivers Tua was throwing to once Parker, Williams and Gesicki started taking turns at missing games?
Gesicki missed one game. Good quarterbacks elevate the play of the receivers around them.

Unfortunately, Tua's play outside of the pocket and ability to create (massive part of the modern day NFL) is so poor, he couldn't elevate the play of the receivers around him. They've now stacked the receiving core around him. That'll somewhat offset his abilities or lack thereof outside the pocket. However, the best teams have both. We ain't that.

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 5.48.15 PM.png

I'll be the first one to admit I have been critical of Mike. Early on I said he ran like a drunken baby giraffe. Later on I said he lacked a situational awarness of what he position called for. He doesn't seem to use his body to box out a defender. He is best when the defender is between him and the QB. I wish he could sit down in a soft spot and use his speed to get YAC.

All that said I WANT him on my team. I don't know if I'd pay top 5 TE money but he is close to that worth. Problem is NE just paid two lesser TE's better than top 5 money.

At 12.5 M I'm inclined to pass. 10 M is probably fair. At 7.5 M I'm offering a 5th year player option and 15-20 M fully guaranteed. He has shown to be durable and has improved every year. I'm for rewarding that and taking the gamble on continued improvement. I'd be giving him the assurance of generational wealth so that need not be a concern for him and his family.

There really isn't anyone on the team that has shown more in continual improvement and the ability to be a game changing talent year after year on the team.

So Mike if you read the forum it isn't that I don't have love for you. It is that I felt you are a unicorn and early on we didn't have that luxury and needed a traditional in-line TE to start with. Now I think we have enough talent and I can afford to indulge the mad love that I have for our one and only unicorn.
Problem is Gesicki's worth to a team right now is as a slot receiver. Depending on how your receiving options are constructed on roster, this can be a good thing or bad thing. If you've got guys like Wilson and Waddle in the slot between the 20s and you've also got Parker and Williams on the outside looking for reps, then Gesicki only really becomes useful in the red zone some...

In other words, a situational player. All really depends on how much % of your cap you're willing to spend on that type of player.

OTOH Im absolutely certain that what he brings will be useful to teams who actually need that skillset specifically and would be glad to pay for it and I bet his agent knows that too...

Gesicki missed one game. Good quarterbacks elevate the play of the receivers around them.

Unfortunately, Tua's play outside of the pocket and ability to create (massive part of the modern day NFL) is so poor, he couldn't elevate the play of the receivers around him. They've now stacked the receiving core around him. That'll somewhat offset his abilities or lack thereof outside the pocket. However, the best teams have both. We ain't that.

View attachment 77317
How would you rate Hollins, Bowden, Grant, Perry and Ford as NFL receivers?

teams are going to be asking agents to throw out all the NEP contracts from this offseason, they went full clownshoes.

There's a difference between individual results and team results.

You avoided the point of my post like the plague. I don't blame you.
Im absolutely not.... I asked you to grade the skill position players for the Fins in 2020 and you just wont do it...

Im absolutely not.... I asked you to grade the skill position players for the Fins in 2020 and you just wont do it...
Gesecki is one of the better receiving TEs in the league. Parker was coming off a 1200 yard season. Bowden is a very solid slot receiver who can make guys miss. Plenty of QBs in the league did better with worse.

Rate the Texans skill positions after Fuller went down. Deshaun had the 3rd highest PFF grade of any QB in football. As I said, good/great QBs raise the play of the receivers around them, the reverse is VERY rare.

I am a huge Gesicki fan. One reason I am not one bit upset at not drafting Pitts. If they do not resign him I may be upset. Gesicki made so many great catches and with added weapons may see less throws but won't be as covered when he is thrown to. The additions on offence will have a great effect for all aspects of our offence and Gesicki does not come across as a player who counts the balls thrown his way.

Building a TEAM Flores/Grier and Imma loving it!

Gesicki gets 10 emojis! :BC: :BC: :BC: :BC: :BC: :BC: :BC: :BC: :BC: :BC:

Gesecki is one of the better receiving TEs in the league. Parker was coming off a 1200 yard season. Bowden is a very solid slot receiver who can make guys miss. Plenty of QBs in the league did better with worse.

Rate the Texans skill positions after Fuller went down. Deshaun had the 3rd highest PFF grade of any QB in football. As I said, good/great QBs raise the play of the receivers around them, the reverse is VERY rare.
*Parker was coming off his only season where he got more than 750 yards...
*Bowden is a very solid slot receiver? Dude got drafted and spent his whole off-season as a RB... Come the **** on!
*Now we're comparing Tua's rookie season to a top 5 vet?

Let me ask you this, do you think an NFL team can be top 10 in scoring with Bowden, Perry, Ford, Hollins and insert anyone of Parker or Williams for shits and giggles...?

Back
Top Bottom