Mike Gesicki fiercely stands up for Tua. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki fiercely stands up for Tua.

I answered the question that was asked:
"Let me ask you this, do you think an NFL team can be top 10 in scoring with Bowden, Perry, Ford, Hollins and insert anyone of Parker or Williams for ****s and giggles...?"

Now, you lovely folks want to change it to only QBs "in their rookie year."

Goalposts have been moved so many times in this discussion, I'll let you folks have at it. Just move the posts back after you are done.
So when Josh Allen threw 10 TDs and 12 ints as a rookie the fact that he was a rookie had no bearing on your judgment of him? You were ready to give up on him because he didn't perform to the level of a Russell Wilson who had 35 TD's in 2018, Andrew Luck who had 39 TDs in 2018, or Kirk Cousins who had 30 TDs in 2018. I mean WTF how dare Allen not perform to the level of three 7 year vets. If only you were the Bills GM you could have traded Allen for a QB who can elevate the players around him as a rookie.

You keep bringing up Gesicki... I think its kinda funny/ironic that you keep putting him on a pedestal while he's in a video posted in OP saying Tua has been overcoming a lot, including people saying "stupid uneducated stuff about him that they are not right about."
Oh how the ironies year n FH keep a guy returning like a dog to its vomit

I'm not talking about Gesecki. Gesecki was saying Tua "got better each and every week." I disagree. He got worse as the season progressed,
After the Pats win, got pulled during the Raiders game. Then the "team" lost to Buffalo. Going in to Buffalo wasnt gonna be easy especially since we were still in playoff hope. Give any rookie that responsibility and id say thats a really tough situation... the other Rooks didnt need to worry about all the stress in winning to get to the playoffs.

Mahomes may be the most impressive QB I’ve seen along with Brady and that’s dating back to the early 80’s. But Mahomes has the best TE and WR in football to throw to and the most innovative offensive mind in football with Andy Reid. He’s just a Goff or Matt Stafford if he’s in those dysfunctional situations. Nice stats, no real support. Tua could go the Brady route (small, slow, weak, but a precision passer and gamer) but he does not yet have the coaching or skill position talent that Mahomes does. Chicken or the egg?

Mahomes may be the most impressive QB I’ve seen along with Brady and that’s dating back to the early 80’s. But Mahomes has the best TE and WR in football to throw to and the most innovative offensive mind in football with Andy Reid. He’s just a Goff or Matt Stafford if he’s in those dysfunctional situations. Nice stats, no real support. Tua could go the Brady route (small, slow, weak, but a precision passer and gamer) but he does not yet have the coaching or skill position talent that Mahomes does. Chicken or the egg?
I think Tua can be both. Hes trying to be the "brady" at the moment, but once comfortable in the league given the reps and confidence, he can become "mahomes like" when he scrambles out to extend plays. Health will be the factor though. I have faith in TT but ill be in cringing fashion once hes out of that pocket lol, wouldnt want him becoming the chicken/egg soup!!

Alex Smith had Reid/Kelce/Hill and he never mustered an MVP/SB Championship/Statistically dominating season. In 19 seasons as an NFL HC Andy Reid had 1 SB appearance. In 3 seasons as the HC of Mahomes he has 2 SB appearances and 1 SB win... must be a coincidence. Daryl your last name must be Strawberry because I have to assume to you were high on drugs when you wrote this.

I agree that we need to sign Mike Gesicki to an extension. I was pounding the table for us to draft this kid out of Penn St. I'd seen some of his college games and a was very impressed. He's a rare talent and he gave us 9 TDs last season and many first downs. One of the reason for picking Hunter Long is so we can deploy a deadly 2 TE set. We're going to be WAY better on offense this year. The reasons for the jump are Tua, the o-line and new weapons. It's been a great off season with the exception of getting a better RB but I'm willing to see how it all works!

Actually I would say he was happy to talk Tua and very prepared to talk about his starting QB

He talked about the room and their feelings - he didn’t have to say any of it

Tell me I'm wrong by his last response. "If you're going to ask me another Tua question, you might as well kick me out of here."

Back
Top Bottom