Mike Gesicki fiercely stands up for Tua. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki fiercely stands up for Tua.

I'll be the first one to admit I have been critical of Mike. Early on I said he ran like a drunken baby giraffe. Later on I said he lacked a situational awarness of what he position called for. He doesn't seem to use his body to box out a defender. He is best when the defender is between him and the QB. I wish he could sit down in a soft spot and use his speed to get YAC.

All that said I WANT him on my team. I don't know if I'd pay top 5 TE money but he is close to that worth. Problem is NE just paid two lesser TE's better than top 5 money.

At 12.5 M I'm inclined to pass. 10 M is probably fair. At 7.5 M I'm offering a 5th year player option and 15-20 M fully guaranteed. He has shown to be durable and has improved every year. I'm for rewarding that and taking the gamble on continued improvement. I'd be giving him the assurance of generational wealth so that need not be a concern for him and his family.

There really isn't anyone on the team that has shown more in continual improvement and the ability to be a game changing talent year after year on the team.

So Mike if you read the forum it isn't that I don't have love for you. It is that I felt you are a unicorn and early on we didn't have that luxury and needed a traditional in-line TE to start with. Now I think we have enough talent and I can afford to indulge the mad love that I have for our one and only unicorn.

Great all that to say I still don’t like him.

Gesecki is one of the better receiving TEs in the league. Parker was coming off a 1200 yard season. Bowden is a very solid slot receiver who can make guys miss. Plenty of QBs in the league did better with worse.

Rate the Texans skill positions after Fuller went down. Deshaun had the 3rd highest PFF grade of any QB in football. As I said, good/great QBs raise the play of the receivers around them, the reverse is VERY rare.

Cool, Sounds like you’re a DW fan and don’t think much of Tua. Great to have your thoughts! Tua bashing thread is the other way and DW wish we had him thread is also that way.

He definitely has a refreshing personality. But, it's the skill on the field that takes your breath away. As he makes the typical TE progression, he's starting to really come into his own and demand defensive attention. He's a matchup nightmare who makes contested catches, stretches the center of the field for the run game and for the underneath stuff to guys like Waddle and Bowden. He's a clutch 3rd down conversion guy and goto red zone guy. He's a pure move tight end, and those are really more valuable today than they have ever been in the past.

We really better not drop the ball on re-signing him, because his value is only going to continue to rise. In two years when the salary cap explodes, any contract made today will look like a steal for the team making it. No better time to re-sign your budding start than right now.
Excited to see what he brings this year. He said he is trying to hammer down the playbook and be as versatile as possible. What do you think he means by that? At first, I thought he might have meant he was working on his blocking. So when we are in 11 personnel, we can utilize him inside and out, but now with Long, I am not so sure.

Gesicki is a fine TE for this era of football, we should keep him period.

The time of thinking about overpaying or whatever needs to be somewhat sidelined for productive players who show no negative character or work ethic tendencies.

The grass is not always greener, I prefer to know what we have then what we might get in FA, especially considering I believe many GM's are now seeing things in this way as well.

Gesicki is a fine TE for this era of football, we should keep him period.

The time of thinking about overpaying or whatever needs to be somewhat sidelined for productive players who show no negative character or work ethic tendencies.

The grass is not always greener, I prefer to know what we have then what we might get in FA, especially considering I believe many GM's are now seeing things in this way as well.
Possibly

Nice people are important in the room but nice guys finish last - someone has to line up and punch some one in the face now and again

Gesecki is one of the better receiving TEs in the league. Parker was coming off a 1200 yard season. Bowden is a very solid slot receiver who can make guys miss. Plenty of QBs in the league did better with worse.

Rate the Texans skill positions after Fuller went down. Deshaun had the 3rd highest PFF grade of any QB in football. As I said, good/great QBs raise the play of the receivers around them, the reverse is VERY rare.
Lollll Bowden solid slot receiver?? Delusional

Gesicki is a stud. He made some amazing plays last year. Caught some darts from Tua in tight windows. Big fan of of this guy. Just watched his interview from today and the man throws down for Tua. Said Tua has been overcoming a lot, including people saying "stupid uneducated stuff about him that they are not right about."

"I can tell you firsthand the guys in the locker room, we all believe in him and respect him."

When asked about year 1 to year 2 jump.

"That is the difference between me and him (Tua), because he has already made the plays. My rookie year, I don't think I did a d*** thing to make a play. That play didn't come until my 2nd year. Once you make one, you build that confidence and build off of it and keep rolling. He has already built that foundation and is continuing to roll."

A Dolphin player standing up for Tua, this must be a lie. Because several posters on here have been stating that the players are not behind Tua and they preferred Fitzpatrick last year and Watson going forward.
So you either believe Gesicki who works with Tua everyday during the season or the anti-Tua posters who obviously think we are all stupid and actually believe these posters have inside information concerning how the players on the team feel about Tua.

Lollll Bowden solid slot receiver?? Delusional
I like Bowden, but his receiver skills are raw as hell. Last year was his 3rd season not playing QB in his life.

Most of his catches were short receptions to try to get him in space. That's why he averaged 7.5 ypr and 5.7 ypt.

Anyone calling him a solid slot receiver last year has an agenda.

I like Bowden, but his receiver skills are raw as hell. Last year was his 3rd season not playing QB in his life.

Most of his catches were short receptions to try to get him in space. That's why he averaged 7.5 ypr and 5.7 ypt.

Anyone calling him a solid slot receiver last year has an agenda.
The fact that Bowden was probably the top WR on the roster the last month of the 2020 season clearly shows how depleted the position was. Bowden might turn into a decent slot WR with more time at the position but last year he was only on the field because the Dolphins didn’t have any other options.

At this time, he would be at best the 6th WR on the team and I am not sure he will even make the team if they decide to keep both Hurns and Wilson.

It's tough to look better than a talented 17 year veteran like Fitz especially with all that was against Tua last year. We had a very leaky o-line, few talented receivers and a couple of unknown scat backs. Fitz knew that Gailey offense like the back of his hand having spent years playing the same offense. His pre snap deductions were way more advanced than Tua's, he was 100% healthy vs awful hip injury and his post snap reads were also way ahead of Tua's, therefore it was tough to match Fitz's performance. In the end I'm glad that seasons over and we can turn the page to a new season. Tua is now the man, this is his team and we'll get as far as he takes us! Maybe we can turn the page on Fitz while were at it, he's on the Washington No Names!

Now, you lovely folks want to change it to only QBs "in their rookie year."

Goalposts have been moved so many times in this discussion, I'll let you folks have at it. Just move the posts back after you are done.
Why wouldn’t you use their rookie years as comparisons, as opposed to veteran players multiple years in? Do you hear yourself man? You think that’s logical?

why didn’t Josh Allen elevate everyone in Buffalo his rookie year? Like @superphin keeps pointing out?

Sound good but it up to Tua. NFL is about how good you are..qb spot is tough position. That why qb get paid big buck.

Back
Top Bottom