More than 70 players at today's OTA | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More than 70 players at today's OTA

Besides that, do things like running "gassers" in the middle of May really serve a purpose?

I think they do.

I know when we I was in boot camp I didn't want to do all those pushups and squat thrusts.

I went in at 149 pounds with 23" thighs. 17 " calves, almost no pectoral muscle but solid as a rock. When I finished boot camp I weighed 178 pounds with no noticeable increase in my thighs, calves or pec's. My muscles just got denser and stronger. My degree of weight gain was about twice what the rest of the guys in my platoon had. They typically either lost or gained 0 to 15 pounds. Some guys looked like their belly moved up to their chest.

The high level of change of body proportions was anticipated by the Marine Corps. There is an initial fitting for uniforms early in boot camp and a final fitting late in boot camp to account for these kind of changes in body proportions.

I also ended up being able to do 48 squat thrusts in 60 seconds. It would have been a new record, but the judge discounted 5 of them leaving me with a count of 43, just 1 below the existing record. Personally , I think they did not want a reservist to hold the record.

Anyway, I believe athletes gain strength and speed when there are external forces setting the pace when they are exercising.

most weren't wearing anything!

i know what most of our Fins look like!

I not sure if this is a good thing or not.

You are probably spending too much time in the shower with them, but's that just my best guess. In a sick kind of way, I hope I'm right.

I wonder if Gesicki is going to man up and mentor Long to help his development.
i don't know him personally, but i've never heard anything about him being douchey in any way.

but shaheen is the "old vet" in the room, so he should be first up in mentoring any rookies.

i don't know him personally, but i've never heard anything about him being douchey in any way.

but shaheen is the "old vet" in the room, so he should be first up in mentoring any rookies.
If FloCo is thinking of extending Gesicki, I'm sure they are going to be looking for him to take the leadership role and help develop the rook.

I wonder if Gesicki is going to man up and mentor Long to help his development.
Man I hope not, he doesn’t have time with all the things he needs to get better at..

Back
Top Bottom