Most Important Quality Tannehill Needs To Show These Last Games...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RobertHorry, Dec 4, 2018 at 3:13 PM.

1. phinfan40353

phinfan40353 Scout Team

Yet Wake and Jones have the same record during RTs tenure. Hmmmm..... Maybe you are almost onto something.

Maybe, just maybe, this is a TEAM game. And all phases of the game DO contribute to winning.

Crazy concept.

BTW, what is Aaron Rodgers record this year?

But yet they fired the HC?

Maybe the HC also has something to do with a team's success. You know, like Philbin and Gase?

Yet is is always the QB....?

Have you seen Trent Dilfer's Super Bowl ring? And what is the name of that gawd awful QB for the Ravens who also has a ring?

Teams win Super Bowls. Teams.

A QB is only part of the solution.

These are all theories. Or maybe facts.

mrodriguez4096 and tazthenomad like this.
  2. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Finheaven VIP Donator

Thats a slippery slope there... Wake is special, might even go to the hall of fame... Tannehill isnt special by any means... He's an adequate QB in a league where even adequate is sort of hard to find... Big difference....

Martel13 likes this.
  3. Martel13

Martel13 Since '84 Super Donator

If you don’t think QB is by far the most important position on the team and you just equate him with any other player on the team then I don’t know what to tell ya. What’s Rodgers, a first ballot HOF, career record? He’s dropping off a bit but carried what would have been a 2-4 win team forever.

I always hear Trent Dilfer in the Tannehill argument. DO YOU KNOW HOW HORRIBLE OF AN ARGUNENT THAT IS? To compare him to Trent the ONE Awful qb who had the best D EVER?? That’s what we are shooting for here? That’s not likely to happen man

4. phinfan40353

phinfan40353 Scout Team

Actually, you're helping me. You talked at how great Jones and Wake have been during that time. Yet how doesn't her respective defensive units rank during their tenure.

You're stuck in Bash Tannehill mode. And are missing my point. I don't care if Cleo Lemon is still our QB...

This is a TEAM game.

Scapegoating one player to explain losing is ridiculous.

And this is where the RT Haters just don't get it. There's more opinions than just "Pro RT' and "Con RT".

There are fans who understand it doesn't keep 53 guys, a good coaching staff and front office to build a consistent winner.

And we have not had a single piece of that equation in a very, very long time.

We couldn't win the Super Bowl with Marino. But it's RTs fault he hasn't brought us one. Seems....slanted

This is a TEAM game. And that is the only point I have. Keep focusing on player examples and you are missing my complete belief. And the only one I have.

Just because I defend RT from player blame, doesn't mean I'm near sighted as the larger picture. But RT Haters have narrowed their own focus with simple blindness and hatred.

Over simplifying facts to suit a narrative discredits the truth and reality as to how something does work and succeed.

Thinking the QB is the alpha and Omega to our winning problems is simply short sighted.

5. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Finheaven VIP Donator

Drew Brees only had 10 winning seasons out of 18
    Philip Rivers has 7 seasons with 9 wins or less out of 13
    Matt Ryan has 5 seasons with 9 wins or less out of 11
    Cam Newton has 5 seasons with 9 wins or less out of 8

The point here is that besides Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady, you positively need a team to win games in the NFL...

6. FinfanInBuffalo

FinfanInBuffalo Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

Tannehill has produced at a high level too.

7. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

3-5 situationally smart targets should be in every QBs natural instincts.

8. -=DolfanDave=-

-=DolfanDave=- A True Fan

I was at last week's game and (continue) to have no issue with Tannehill under center.

I saw a gunslinger who took calculated risks and helped lead his team to a W. I think he knows what's at stake and will perform well against the pats. If he doesn't perform well, I welcome any and all criticism.

9. DPhinz_DPhinz

DPhinz_DPhinz FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

All but 3 QB's on that list have made the Super Bowl...

When was the last time we were viewed in that light?

10. Martel13

Actually all but one of those QBs have been to the super bowl, Phillip Rivers, who might go this year

DPhinz_DPhinz likes this.
  11. PhxSunFan34

PhxSunFan34 Well-Known Member

Yet the point remains.

12. DPhinz_DPhinz

DPhinz_DPhinz FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Unless you are a boxer, tennis player, etc., the team around you either affects your play, or if affected by your play.

What I don't want is a Ryan Tannehill type who is paid like a a top 10 purebred...yet routinely produces like a middle of the pack dog who's owner MUST show his papers to get a sale.

I thought we were getting rid of contracts like this (production < payment...Landry, Suh, BRANCH), especially in the one position where the most is expected.

Tannehill has had 7 years...the most he should get is 8, and that's if we hopefully go the Chiefs route and sit our rookie QB for a year.

13. MrChadRico

MrChadRico Well-Known Member

The longer the season drags on the more I realize many fans of this team would rather miss the playoffs as long as Tannehill is the QB vs make the playoffs with anyone else.

My love for the Dolphins, whether I'd like to admit it or not, is being effected by how braindead most of our fan base is. Just endless excuses and delusion.

Tannehill will never win anything meaningful, not unless he can learn pocket presence after 7 years. Or how about the shoulder that's made his arm into one of the weakest in the NFL. They really should just change the name of the message board to Tannehell instead of Finheaven.

I understand the team around him sucks, but having a awful roster is not aided by also having an awful QB.

dolphintodd likes this.
  14. Fins1971

Fins1971 C'mon Dolphins Finheaven VIP

I agree with both of you on these thoughts. The line is going to limit your deep throws but NOT prevent 5 tries per game if you are committed to it. And you don't want to do it when they are rushing 4 and dropping 7. You have to pick you spot where you have man to man coverage identified.

I'm sure the Bills were probably getting pressure with 4 since they have a good D-Line. But Ryan was still able to get 5 throws down field in that game and one was a TD. Hope they try more of it when the situation presents itself.

FinfanInBuffalo and NBP81 like this.
  15. Martel13

We have different standards of what producing at a high level is then I guess