Most Important Quality Tannehill Needs To Show These Last Games... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most Important Quality Tannehill Needs To Show These Last Games...

That’s a decent point except that both of those guys have PRODUCED at a high level and made pro bowls, all pro etc. Our touches the rock every play and has underperformed for a long time imo
Yet Wake and Jones have the same record during RTs tenure. Hmmmm..... Maybe you are almost onto something.

Maybe, just maybe, this is a TEAM game. And all phases of the game DO contribute to winning.

Crazy concept.

BTW, what is Aaron Rodgers record this year?

But yet they fired the HC?

Maybe the HC also has something to do with a team's success. You know, like Philbin and Gase?

Yet is is always the QB....?

Have you seen Trent Dilfer's Super Bowl ring? And what is the name of that gawd awful QB for the Ravens who also has a ring?

Teams win Super Bowls. Teams.

A QB is only part of the solution.

These are all theories. Or maybe facts.

So Wake and Jones suck too, right? RIGHT? Both have been here longer. Both are the leaders of a CRAPPY defense. Why do people keep making excuses for them? It's always the LBs or the other linemen or the CBs..... never the fault of the two guys making big money. RIGHT??????

Now make up some other crap.....
Thats a slippery slope there... Wake is special, might even go to the hall of fame... Tannehill isnt special by any means... He's an adequate QB in a league where even adequate is sort of hard to find... Big difference....

Yet Wake and Jones have the same record during RTs tenure. Hmmmm..... Maybe you are almost onto something.

Maybe, just maybe, this is a TEAM game. And all phases of the game DO contribute to winning.

Crazy concept.

BTW, what is Aaron Rodgers record this year?

But yet they fired the HC?

Maybe the HC also has something to do with a team's success. You know, like Philbin and Gase?

Yet is is always the QB....?

Have you seen Trent Dilfer's Super Bowl ring? And what is the name of that gawd awful QB for the Ravens who also has a ring?

Teams win Super Bowls. Teams.

A QB is only part of the solution.

These are all theories. Or maybe facts.

If you don’t think QB is by far the most important position on the team and you just equate him with any other player on the team then I don’t know what to tell ya. What’s Rodgers, a first ballot HOF, career record? He’s dropping off a bit but carried what would have been a 2-4 win team forever.

I always hear Trent Dilfer in the Tannehill argument. DO YOU KNOW HOW HORRIBLE OF AN ARGUNENT THAT IS? To compare him to Trent the ONE Awful qb who had the best D EVER?? That’s what we are shooting for here? That’s not likely to happen man

If you don’t think QB is by far the most important position on the team and you just equate him with any other player on the team then I don’t know what to tell ya. What’s Rodgers, a first ballot HOF, career record? He’s dropping off a bit but carried what would have been a 2-4 win team forever.

I always hear Trent Dilfer in the Tannehill argument. DO YOU KNOW HOW HORRIBLE OF AN ARGUNENT THAT IS? To compare him to Trent the ONE Awful qb who had the best D EVER?? That’s what we are shooting for here? That’s not likely to happen man

Actually, you're helping me. You talked at how great Jones and Wake have been during that time. Yet how doesn't her respective defensive units rank during their tenure.

You're stuck in Bash Tannehill mode. And are missing my point. I don't care if Cleo Lemon is still our QB...

This is a TEAM game.

Scapegoating one player to explain losing is ridiculous.

And this is where the RT Haters just don't get it. There's more opinions than just "Pro RT' and "Con RT".

There are fans who understand it doesn't keep 53 guys, a good coaching staff and front office to build a consistent winner.

And we have not had a single piece of that equation in a very, very long time.

We couldn't win the Super Bowl with Marino. But it's RTs fault he hasn't brought us one. Seems....slanted

This is a TEAM game. And that is the only point I have. Keep focusing on player examples and you are missing my complete belief. And the only one I have.

Just because I defend RT from player blame, doesn't mean I'm near sighted as the larger picture. But RT Haters have narrowed their own focus with simple blindness and hatred.

Over simplifying facts to suit a narrative discredits the truth and reality as to how something does work and succeed.

Thinking the QB is the alpha and Omega to our winning problems is simply short sighted.

Actually, you're helping me. You talked at how great Jones and Wake have been during that time. Yet how doesn't her respective defensive units rank during their tenure.

You're stuck in Bash Tannehill mode. And are missing my point. I don't care if Cleo Lemon is still our QB...

This is a TEAM game.

Scapegoating one player to explain losing is ridiculous.

And this is where the RT Haters just don't get it. There's more opinions than just "Pro RT' and "Con RT".

There are fans who understand it doesn't keep 53 guys, a good coaching staff and front office to build a consistent winner.

And we have not had a single piece of that equation in a very, very long time.

We couldn't win the Super Bowl with Marino. But it's RTs fault he hasn't brought us one. Seems....slanted

This is a TEAM game. And that is the only point I have. Keep focusing on player examples and you are missing my complete belief. And the only one I have.

Just because I defend RT from player blame, doesn't mean I'm near sighted as the larger picture. But RT Haters have narrowed their own focus with simple blindness and hatred.

Over simplifying facts to suit a narrative discredits the truth and reality as to how something does work and succeed.

Thinking the QB is the alpha and Omega to our winning problems is simply short sighted.

Drew Brees only had 10 winning seasons out of 18
Philip Rivers has 7 seasons with 9 wins or less out of 13
Matt Ryan has 5 seasons with 9 wins or less out of 11
Cam Newton has 5 seasons with 9 wins or less out of 8

The point here is that besides Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady, you positively need a team to win games in the NFL...

That’s a decent point except that both of those guys have PRODUCED at a high level and made pro bowls, all pro etc. Our touches the rock every play and has underperformed for a long time imo

Tannehill has produced at a high level too.

Is flawed thinking and imposing himself.

Tannehill has to start having more flawed thinking. He needs to keep doing what he did in the Bills game with Stills and the deep ball to Parker. Throw the contested balls and throw them deep. He's taking more shots the past 2 games than he has in a while. Before he would settle for the check down if the deep route wasn't perfectly open. He finally started trying to impose himself recently with downfield throws even if they aren't perfectly ideal or open. It benefits QBs like Brady, Rodgers, Ben, etc. Once he starts doing that, I think he will be on a much better path.

Tannehill will throw Interceptions most likely then. The thing with him is that he usually has low Int's every season but it comes with a small amount of forced/deep shots. If you look at the top QBs they force the ball downfield and impose themselves few times a game and sometimes throw picks. He needs to keep doing that. Not every play, but a small amount will really help him. It trumps going 3 and out with throws short of the sticks every time.

It will open the offense a lot more and the run game too. Impose himself and don't wait for the perfect situation.

3-5 situationally smart targets should be in every QBs natural instincts.

Is flawed thinking and imposing himself.

Tannehill has to start having more flawed thinking. He needs to keep doing what he did in the Bills game with Stills and the deep ball to Parker. Throw the contested balls and throw them deep. He's taking more shots the past 2 games than he has in a while. Before he would settle for the check down if the deep route wasn't perfectly open. He finally started trying to impose himself recently with downfield throws even if they aren't perfectly ideal or open. It benefits QBs like Brady, Rodgers, Ben, etc. Once he starts doing that, I think he will be on a much better path.

Tannehill will throw Interceptions most likely then. The thing with him is that he usually has low Int's every season but it comes with a small amount of forced/deep shots. If you look at the top QBs they force the ball downfield and impose themselves few times a game and sometimes throw picks. He needs to keep doing that. Not every play, but a small amount will really help him. It trumps going 3 and out with throws short of the sticks every time.

It will open the offense a lot more and the run game too. Impose himself and don't wait for the perfect situation.

I was at last week's game and (continue) to have no issue with Tannehill under center.

I saw a gunslinger who took calculated risks and helped lead his team to a W. I think he knows what's at stake and will perform well against the pats. If he doesn't perform well, I welcome any and all criticism.

Drew Brees only had 10 winning seasons out of 18
Philip Rivers has 7 seasons with 9 wins or less out of 13
Matt Ryan has 5 seasons with 9 wins or less out of 11
Cam Newton has 5 seasons with 9 wins or less out of 8

The point here is that besides Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady, you positively need a team to win games in the NFL...
All but 3 QB's on that list have made the Super Bowl...

When was the last time we were viewed in that light?

Yet the point remains.
Unless you are a boxer, tennis player, etc., the team around you either affects your play, or if affected by your play.

What I don't want is a Ryan Tannehill type who is paid like a a top 10 purebred...yet routinely produces like a middle of the pack dog who's owner MUST show his papers to get a sale.

I thought we were getting rid of contracts like this (production < payment...Landry, Suh, BRANCH), especially in the one position where the most is expected.

Tannehill has had 7 years...the most he should get is 8, and that's if we hopefully go the Chiefs route and sit our rookie QB for a year.

The longer the season drags on the more I realize many fans of this team would rather miss the playoffs as long as Tannehill is the QB vs make the playoffs with anyone else.

My love for the Dolphins, whether I'd like to admit it or not, is being effected by how braindead most of our fan base is. Just endless excuses and delusion.

Tannehill will never win anything meaningful, not unless he can learn pocket presence after 7 years. Or how about the shoulder that's made his arm into one of the weakest in the NFL. They really should just change the name of the message board to Tannehell instead of Finheaven.

I understand the team around him sucks, but having a awful roster is not aided by also having an awful QB.

I mostly agree with what you are saying... But most of those 2 seconds long throws are often matchup related... A bad OL does limit your ability to consitently throw downfield IMO.

I'd love to see it when the defense is rushing 4 and dropping 7 into coverage.....

I agree with both of you on these thoughts. The line is going to limit your deep throws but NOT prevent 5 tries per game if you are committed to it. And you don't want to do it when they are rushing 4 and dropping 7. You have to pick you spot where you have man to man coverage identified.

I'm sure the Bills were probably getting pressure with 4 since they have a good D-Line. But Ryan was still able to get 5 throws down field in that game and one was a TD. Hope they try more of it when the situation presents itself.

Back
Top Bottom