Most Important Quality Tannehill Needs To Show These Last Games... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most Important Quality Tannehill Needs To Show These Last Games...

Given his age, injury history and body of work, he's one of the top backup QB's in the league - for about half or less what he's making. I don't dislike the guy - he just doesn't have "it" and never has.

I was at last week's game and (continue) to have no issue with Tannehill under center.

I saw a gunslinger who took calculated risks and helped lead his team to a W. I think he knows what's at stake and will perform well against the pats. If he doesn't perform well, I welcome any and all criticism.

That post embodies where we are, and it's a ridiculous locale.

The guy is 7 years out of college yet we are evaluating him game by game. If Tannehill has a great game I know exactly the user names of everyone who will be posting immediately after the game, and if he has a terrible game I know the user names who will be here.

That is Saturday Night Live caliber, if Tannehill were high profile enough for them to care. Only flawed thinking gets us there and has kept us there. If we are satisfied with Crowd mediocrity, that's fine. But the Tannehill defenders don't want to accept that it is much more logical and likely from a long term perspective to find an elite quarterback -- no matter how many tries it takes us -- than it is to forge an elite roster around Ryan Tannehill that just happens to peak at the exact time he is ready to manage a title with that roster.

As an older fan I'd prefer to have that 10-12 year window when anything is possible. Victories in this league are monopolized right now by offenses that score big every week.

I prefer freakish defense but I also know applied odds, and the likelihood of forging a Ravens 2000 or Seahawks 2013 defense is next to nothing. And even if you get there too many guys have to be paid so it can't last more than 2-3 seasons tops. That quarterback can keep going and going like Energizer.

Tannehill needs to remake himself quickly or we should move on.

Everyone has a different scale that is the problem. The last 2 games has shown me we need a new QB bad.

If Tannehill has a great game I know exactly the user names of everyone who will be posting immediately after the game, and if he has a terrible game I know the user names who will be here.
LOL! Funny how you were "on vacation without access to a computer" in 2016 from the Stealers game right until Tannehill got injured....

The longer the season drags on the more I realize many fans of this team would rather miss the playoffs as long as Tannehill is the QB vs make the playoffs with anyone else.

My love for the Dolphins, whether I'd like to admit it or not, is being effected by how braindead most of our fan base is. Just endless excuses and delusion.

Tannehill will never win anything meaningful, not unless he can learn pocket presence after 7 years. Or how about the shoulder that's made his arm into one of the weakest in the NFL. They really should just change the name of the message board to Tannehell instead of Finheaven.

I understand the team around him sucks, but having a awful roster is not aided by also having an awful QB.

That's just stupid

next yr 2019 will tell me if dolphins are trying win or just being 6-8 win team

What he needs to show is that he can make the plays that win games win it matters...all too often we go three and out at critical points in the game.

Tannehill seems to choke...or not rise to the occasion.

If I don’t see that...and I doubt we will...go get Will Grier in this draft...Tannehill or somebody else can bridge it next year until the rookie is ready.

there is nothing to evaluate about Tanny. if you want to go 7-9 or 8-8 for a few more years then demand the Ds get him some superstars. 8-8 is best you can do with him.

But the Tannehill defenders don't want to accept that it is much more logical and likely from a long term perspective to find an elite quarterback -- no matter how many tries it takes us -- than it is to forge an elite roster around Ryan Tannehill that just happens to peak at the exact time he is ready to manage a title with that roster.

I prefer freakish defense but I also know applied odds, and the likelihood of forging a Ravens 2000 or Seahawks 2013 defense is next to nothing. And even if you get there too many guys have to be paid so it can't last more than 2-3 seasons tops. That quarterback can keep going and going like Energizer.

Nonsense.

If this were true, why is Brady the only elite QB to win multiple SBs recently?

Why do Joe Flacco, Russell Wilson, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, and a broken down version of Peyton Manning have the same number of rings as Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers? Why does Eli Manning have twice as many? Why does Roethlisberger have zero since becoming a top QB and two while being a care taker? Why did Elway win two as a shadow of his former self and most importantly, why does Dan Marino have zero?

What he needs to show is that he can make the plays that win games win it matters...all too often we go three and out at critical points in the game.

Tannehill seems to choke...or not rise to the occasion.

If I don’t see that...and I doubt we will...go get Will Grier in this draft...Tannehill or somebody else can bridge it next year until the rookie is ready.
I agree with Will Grier or ohio st qb. they should be their when we pick....weather we keep thill17 or not they need draft qb in 1st or 2nd rd..

Nonsense.

17 out of 30 for 200 yards 0 TDs 0 INTs = 77

It is about efficiency.
Oh I'm sorry, throw a TD in there and you are good to go and then some. 17/30 for 200 yards and 1 TD is efficient to you? Think that wins a lot of football games?

Back
Top Bottom