Most underrated/overrated Dolphins of all time? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most underrated/overrated Dolphins of all time?

I don’t if Fletcher was overrated - everyone could see he was terrible from day 1 and he remained terrible until he was out of the league.

Cross had a decent amount of sacks for his career but during that era our d-line didn’t have any studs on it TJ Turner, Chuck Klingbeil, George Little, Brian Sochia etc - was an undersized line that got pushed around.
You're right my friend. I did look back at Cross' numbers and he had some 10 sack seasons sprinkled in there.

You're right my friend. I did look back at Cross' numbers and he had some 10 sack seasons sprinkled in there.
But he would never be confused with Wake or Taylor or Stanfill or Den Herder or Betters etc!

I think Wes Welker was also "Highly unproductive '' while in a Dolphin jersey . 46 games with ONE receiving td, averaging 2 receptions for 26 yards a game. He stunk as a Dolphin then with the Pats, had 5 seasons of 1100+ yards and 5 pro bowl seasons. Going from the toilet bowl to the pro bowl is the epitome of underrated.
All I know is the girl in your post is underrated my wife overrated lol

I’m having a hard time understanding how Jay Fiedler was overrated. Who had him rated high to begin with? I thought the consensus was on he sucked?

Underrated:

Tannehill, Randy Stark and Robert Quinn.... why the hell did we let him go!

Overrated:
Suh and Mike Wallace.

Yeremiah Bell was a bit overrated - at least on this forum. He went from nobody to super solid and then major liability before anyone noticed. Short career overall, got a pro bowl, but fell off quickly the following years. I remember his last couple years people raved about him nonstop but he was a massive liability in coverage, more than Rashad Jones. Interesting people are calling him underrated now.

Rashad Jones got one full extra contract. He was already majorly on a decline and still he got paid top3 money. He was lauded every year until his last… good player who became the definition of overrated.

Love the call for Randy Starks as underrated - great call for a very good player who worked hard and did great work in the middle interior.

Tannehill was underrated.

Ok, I get what you're saying, but I don't think ANYONE would ever compare Csonka to Jim Brown. Jim Brown is widely touted as the greatest player of all time, regardless of position.

Yes, the Marks Bros. wouldn't have had the careers they had without Marino, but you can also argue that the other way. You think Marino puts up HOF numbers throwing to Tony Martin, Randall Hill, or Scott Schwedes (no disrespect to Schwedes, he got the most out of his talent)?
The Marks brothers put up unbelievable numbers in 1984? They just did not sustain their greatness for very long.

John Denney - Unrateable, therefore he is both the most underrated and overrated of all time.

I like these old D Line for
underrated
Bob Baumhower NT
Chuck Klingbeil
Brian Sochia

Overated D line
Mike Charles
Darly Gardner
Marco Coleman

I’m having a hard time understanding how Jay Fiedler was overrated. Who had him rated high to begin with? I thought the consensus was on he sucked?

This is right on the money as far as the consensus at the time. He had a few impressive big games with Chambers and nice grit etc, but always we were thinking "if only we had a good QB". Wasn't AJ Feeley one of the first attempts to upgrade lol, or Griese? Memory does not serve me well.

Ok, I get what you're saying, but I don't think ANYONE would ever compare Csonka to Jim Brown. Jim Brown is widely touted as the greatest player of all time, regardless of position.

Yes, the Marks Bros. wouldn't have had the careers they had without Marino, but you can also argue that the other way. You think Marino puts up HOF numbers throwing to Tony Martin, Randall Hill, or Scott Schwedes (no disrespect to Schwedes, he got the most out of his talent)?
Actually i do think Dan Marino puts up those numbers w anyone at WR. Nat Moore was a corpse when Marino took over and he resurrected his career in stunning fashion. Jimmy Cefalo even started catching more balls. A bit later, he made Lamar Thomas look serviceable. How about Mark Ingram? He never had a 4 TD game until Dan was throwing to him. It didn’t matter who he was throwing to.

This is right on the money as far as the consensus at the time. He had a few impressive big games with Chambers and nice grit etc, but always we were thinking "if only we had a good QB". Wasn't AJ Feeley one of the first attempts to upgrade lol, or Griese? Memory does not serve me well.
Grieve was first. He fumbled if a DE ran by him and there was a breeze. Then it was Feeley who was just terrible most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom