Move down 2-3 picks for a meaningless win... | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Move down 2-3 picks for a meaningless win...

Are you purposefully neglecting EVERYONE'S post pointing out that it had no impact on our draft position?

If so, you look like a HUGE Richard for trying to tamp down excitement over this win.

No, but just like last year's win, I do not fall in line with the echo chamber.

It panned out the game had no bearing on our draft pick. Good. But I was prepared to got 0-16. I was prepared for a season of peaks and valleys.

Maybe it's the inner Chief hater in me who didnt want to see them get help from my Phins? While I went to a few of their games this year, I'm still not a fan. But they are entertaining as hell.

EVERY TEAM passed on Short round at least twice, but lets bag on Grier for that.
I don't care what every other team did. I care about what the Dolphins did. And Grier was part of what the Dolphins did.

And? Will this win go down as a historic moment in Dolphin lore? Did last years Miami win over NE give added meaning to anything in the postseason?

No, they are momentary brief moments of joy.

Are you serious, "brief moments of joy"?

Wins like these are building blocks to success. What, you'd rather lose?

First of all, one does not compare to the other.

Last year's win vs. the Patriots was a great, emotional win. But a press conference after that game subdued any type of momentum it could build in the off season. Any impact from that win quickly ended , and the direction of the team was in question when a press conference by our gm and owner on 12/31 talked about a total rebuild and serious growing pains in the beginning. Owner Stephen Ross said he was taking a different approach to get the organization where he wants it to be, with the focus shifting now to a long-term approach where sustained success will take precedence over short-term goals. The coach was rightfully fired, the psuedo gm {Tannebaum} was gone and veteran players were getting axed like a serial killer was on the loose. There was nothing appealing for a free agent to sign here, especially for the ones who want to win now.

This year's win vs. the Patriots, a team who was playing for a bye week in the playoffs, is very different. First, a chance to make life harder for a hated rival, where do I sign up? Second, a win like this can have a positive long lasting effect into the offseason for our team. The coaching staff are proving to be the real deal. From where the team started, to where they are now shows they are heading in the right direction to become relevant again very quickly and that will be very appealing to free agents. Would you rather our team end the season on the same note as the Browns?

A win like this motivates players to believe what they can become, and with hard work, it can be earned. It keeps that hunger alive to want more. This is an exciting team to keep an eye on and I can't wait for the off season moves to start.

Last edited:
Thank you for your well thought out response to my post. Where we differ is that history has shown us that the one tree on which I am focused is critical to the building of a dynesty. I have no doubt that the current coaching staff will be able to get us to 9 wins next year with improved talent. However, without the franchise QB we will go back to repeats of our 9-7 mediocrity that marked the early part of the last decade. A franchise QB is that important to what we all hope the Dolphins under this coaching staff will become.
Nobody disagrees that the QB is the most important guy, but a great QB alone wins no championships, or conference titles.

It is therefore not crucial, or imperative that it has to be this year. Would it be nice? Absolutely, but it is more likely that we take a QB late rd1, early rd2, and he sits for a year.

This was never going to be a one year rebuild. Have enough patience tovdo it the right way, and not try to cut corners.

Burrow I’m still not sold on for some reason... I just don’t have faith in his arm, but that could be me just being paranoid. Fins have been star struck by Tua since scouting him IMO. He’s their guy.
Source that's not a beat writer's opinion?????

Slide into PM? Whatcha gonna do?

well sir before you get your panties in a bunch, you’d like to know who I am apparently so that’s on you.

I feel More comfortable introducing myself to 1 person than to a bunch.

Some people are just so damn confrontational.

GOOD WIN DOLFANS

I love going from 2-4th draft pick to possibly 7th for a meaningless win. Great job guys. :lol:

Momentum doesn't carry over season to season and all you homers rejoicing now, you wont be come draft day.

They can't even tank right.

You mad bro?

I love going from 2-4th draft pick to possibly 7th for a meaningless win. Great job guys. :lol:

Momentum doesn't carry over season to season and all you homers rejoicing now, you wont be come draft day.

They can't even tank right.

Dude it's not a big difference. 5th to 6th? Plus the Patriots got knocked out of a first rd bye and a wildcard game now. All the superbowls the patiots have gone to and made were from them having a bye in the playoffs. It's a much harder road, and decent chance they aren't going all the way as a result. The pats Wrs are depleted, Brady is not dominant like he used to be (he's still quite good). The pats might get upset in the wildcard rd actually. I'm glad Titans got in and play Pats. Out of the wildcard teams, I feel the Titans have the best chance to upset Pats. Bills just can't beat new england, and the Steelers are not that good and they don't have any good qbs. Say what you want about Tannehill, but he's played pretty well this season and has good running game around him.

And for whatever reason, Tannehill plays pretty decent vs pats and as we've seen when he played for miami. Tannehill has and can beat pats defense, so the history and matchups help Titans there. Even though Tennessee is not a warm weather state, I believe the snow or cold won't hurt them and actually they are build for such weather. Teams good in cold weather are teams that have a pretty good defense and a very strong running game. Titans have both and their defense holding Texans to just 14 pts was a good showing. But Henry is a beast and even if it gets snowy at New England, it will help let Titans run and maybe pats defenders slip or get run over trying to tackle him

I don't care what every other team did. I care about what the Dolphins did. And Grier was part of what the Dolphins did.
oh, so you don't care to have a logical discussion about the facts, without resorting to a childish tantrum and proclaiming everyone is wrong because they don't agree with your myopic viewpoint? I have a solution for that if you insist...

Back
Top Bottom