Move down 2-3 picks for a meaningless win... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Move down 2-3 picks for a meaningless win...

Ah man, I'd be pretty annoyed right now if I got no enjoyment out of going to The Pats and winning (making their play off run considerably harder) just in case it meant the 1st of our 5 first round picks in the next 18 months came a couple of places later (which might or might not have made any difference) only to find out it didn't matter and I could've celebrated Gesicki's TD like a lunatic!

I think they see us coming up fast and fierce in their rear view mirror. Loved those queasy expressions they had on after our game winning TD with 29 seconds on the clock lol
Just for kicks, I watched BBs post game.

He looked like a depressed, beaten man, who knows the end is nigh................ and not only do I have zero sympathy, I had a sense of satisfaction.

I never was a “Tank for Tua” member because there is no way in the world I was going to pull for the Dolphins to lose any game because I have been rooting for them to win since 1966. Now that the season is over for the Dolphins and they have the 5th pick in the draft, I have no problem with them drafting Tua if he is medically cleared to play football and he enters the draft.

If Tua is not medically cleared hopefully Grier will use his picks and free agent money to dramatically upgrade the offensive and defensive lines. While we do need a young QB for the future, I would rather wait until the 2021 draft to select one in the first round if Tua is not medically cleared to play or he returns to
Alabama. I just don’t think Love, Herbert, Eason, or any other QB in the 2020, except Burrow are franchise type QB’s.

And? Will this win go down as a historic moment in Dolphin lore? Did last years Miami win over NE give added meaning to anything in the postseason?

No, they are momentary brief moments of joy.
Since I have been a fan since 1966, I have seen all the highs and lows in Miami history. I can tell you from years of watching the Dolphins, all victories are merely a moment of joy. Even SB wins only give you joy for a short period of time until you start looking forward to the next season worrying about if your team can repeat as champions.

In fact when I was younger defeats affected me far more than wins. Life is full of wins and losses in every aspect of your daily life. So enjoy the wins when they come along and understand that defeats are something to be overcome.

If you'd have told any "expert" prognosticating on the Dolphins, they mostly said the Dolphins didn't have the talent to win 3 games, let alone 5. They said this was the worst collections of players EVER! Yet, this coach got this team to be competitive with those same aforementioned Bad News Dolphin players and people are complaining? This has been an unbelievably enjoyable season even with the loses. Suck it up and get ready to turn the corner. Love this coaching staff and this team of sorry azzzz players! They won 5 games and still pick 5th....and still have two more first round picks and still have too many draft picks to count. Color me ecstatic....until the draft.
We're like Hanukkah!

The reactions in this post and other posts like it discussing meaningless wins are entirely predictable. Instant gratification always polls better than "short term pain for long term benefit". This is why we have been mediocre for the last 20 years and will likely remain that way for the foreseeable future.

Congratulations fellow Dolphins fans. When we start next season without a franchise quarterback I don't want to hear a single complaint.
Lol, oooooo.

The reactions in this post and other posts like it discussing meaningless wins are entirely predictable. Instant gratification always polls better than "short term pain for long term benefit". This is why we have been mediocre for the last 20 years and will likely remain that way for the foreseeable future.

Congratulations fellow Dolphins fans. When we start next season without a franchise quarterback I don't want to hear a single complaint.

You are correct that the Dolphins have been mediocre during the last 20 years. The error in your analysis is the belief that a top prospect QB is the reason we are mediocre. There are multiple reasons we have been mediocre including poor talent management, poor resource resource management, poor leadership, and poor coaching.

The reason that many of us are excited about the meaningless wins is that the coaching staff has proven the ability to coach up players which is a part of talent management we have failed at during the last 20 years. The unproven coaching staff has performed better as they climb the learning curve. The fact that staff is improving is a very positive sign for the head coach. Coach Flo has shown leadership during tough times, and that is very positive.

Grier has done a fantastic job refilling our resources - cap space and draft picks. I am concerned talent scouting and player acquisition which has been a problem will squander these resources, but the addition of Reggie McKinsey gives me some hope. My criticism for your opinion is that you are so focused on one tree that you do not see the forest.

I’ll gladly take #5 and a potential franchise coach over #1 any day of the week. Flores literally took people working day jobs as fry cooks and retail clerks and turned them into fundamentally sound players. Obviously not all the talent in the world, but he coached them to not commit penalties and just keep your man in front of you and grit it out. The man is impressive and someone people will want to play for. Look at Baker, he wasn’t supposed to be a scheme fit, Kwon was rumored to be cut, and Biegel was somewhat of an unknown commodity. Needham, even Culbert... Tae Hayes, Steven Parker? Both played competent football. Sieler looks like a keeper. Ledbetter will be a solid rotation piece once he’s healthy. It’s just absolutely nuts how much defensive talent he’s coached to be game-ready. Smart players, that’s all he needs. Hartage? Solid ST. Laird? Pretty solid everywhere. O’Shead coached Parker well as well. Pretty excited about these 3 firsts on how Flores handles them. Would not be surprised to see us trade down that Texans pick for a few seconds or a future one and another pick. This gives us hope, everyone should buy in to this new regime and see how it pans out.

Back
Top Bottom