Move down 2-3 picks for a meaningless win... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Move down 2-3 picks for a meaningless win...

The reactions in this post and other posts like it discussing meaningless wins are entirely predictable. Instant gratification always polls better than "short term pain for long term benefit". This is why we have been mediocre for the last 20 years and will likely remain that way for the foreseeable future.

Congratulations fellow Dolphins fans. When we start next season without a franchise quarterback I don't want to hear a single complaint.
Fans here or elsewhere didn't win or lose one game this year.

You don't get that?

The reactions in this post and other posts like it discussing meaningless wins are entirely predictable. Instant gratification always polls better than "short term pain for long term benefit". This is why we have been mediocre for the last 20 years and will likely remain that way for the foreseeable future.

Congratulations fellow Dolphins fans. When we start next season without a franchise quarterback I don't want to hear a single complaint

LOL......OK, whatever you say sport.

Congratulations fellow Dolphins fans. When we start next season without a franchise quarterback I don't want to hear a single complaint.
So you know for a fact that there will be no potential franchise QBs taken outside of the top 4 of the draft?

No. Objectively the team plays for the prize, only. They are hired for that, league expects them to play for the prize, and everyone else does. The prizes are superbowl, or draft stock. There are no other prizes.
Your or anyone else subjective desires and feelings are meaningless.

As are yours. And you quite clearly have no idea what the team plays for.

Your desires are also meaningless. Worthless. Net zero. Bupkis. Zippo. Nada. A fart in the wind. Squat. Inconsequential.

You know whose desires and feelings matter? The team’s. The one that refused to lay down.

Thank goodness their desires matter...and ours don’t.

So you know for a fact that there will be no potential franchise QBs taken outside of the top 4 of the draft?
And you know for a fact that Grier is smart enough to recognize one if a franchise QB was staring him in the face. After all, he was around when we passed on Russel Wilson.

And you know for a fact that Grier is smart enough to recognize one if a franchise QB was staring him in the face. After all, he was around when we passed on Russel Wilson.

Russell Wilson was drafted in the third round. Why would it matter where the Dolphins draft in the first round for this analogy...particularly when he wasn’t in charge of drafting?

Wow OP, some facts for ya

A) we beat the patriots away which in itself is immensely gratifying

B) if jags win and they may do, we will still remain in 5th and we’ve kicked Brady bunch in the process, best desired outcome.

C) momentum does carry on why do ounthink teams build successful empires err like the pats

D) following on from C, we may have just seen the patriots castle walls crack big time and this couldn’t be the end of their reign.

The king bellichek is dead, long live king Flores

I love how some people just post crap and have no idea what they are talking about. We had the 5th pick going into today. We are locked into the 5th pick after today. The only game still on that could have affected us is the Giants game. If they win, we could have moved up to 4 if we lost, but they are losing. I'll give up that 1 spot to the Giants (who aren't taking our QB) everyday to see Tom Brady pout about losing their bye!!

I know that Marvin Allen was a key member of the Chiefs scouting staff when they drafted Patrick Mahomes II with the 10th pick of the 2017 draft. Now Marvin Allen is Grier's Assistant GM. So I won't sit here and cry because the Dolphins have the #5 pick along with two other 1st round picks. They still have a chance to draft a talented QB who with good coaching can be developed into a franchise QB.

Great, great post and very original. I don’t think this has occurred to anyone. You are obviously one of the smartest posters on the site. All will be validated when the Cleveland Browns and all of their high draft picks win the Super Bowl this year. I mean with all of the high picks they’ve had this is a forgone conclusion. I don’t know why we’ll bother watching the Browns dominate the playoff field and all of these other bum QB’s taken later in the first round (Mahomes, Watson, Tannehill and Brady) fall to Cleveland because they’ve consistently had higher picks.

Great, great post and very original. I don’t think this has occurred to anyone. You are obviously one of the smartest posters on the site. All will be validated when the Cleveland Browns and all of their high draft picks win the Super Bowl this year. I mean with all of the high picks they’ve had this is a forgone conclusion. I don’t know why we’ll bother watching the Browns dominate the playoff field and all of these other bum QB’s taken later in the first round (Mahomes, Watson, Tannehill and Brady) fall to Cleveland because they’ve consistently had higher picks.

You have leveled up to sarcasm level 55. Congratulations.

Back
Top Bottom