Move down 2-3 picks for a meaningless win... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Move down 2-3 picks for a meaningless win...

Can't help myself to think if we had kept the talent what would have evolved this season with the way the coaching turned out
No am not buying they were bad apples
But ...ONWARD
Some of that "talent" either didn't want to be here, were malcontents and went on to bigger and better....well...they went away. I'll take everyone of these guys who wanted to be Dolphins.

Some of that "talent" either didn't want to be here, were malcontents and went on to bigger and better....well...they went away. I'll take everyone of these guys who wanted to be Dolphins.

sorry not falling into that
Some were forced into that by dumb coaching choices that defied logic
But again...onward

sorry not falling into that
Some were forced into that by dumb coaching choices that defied logic
But again...onward
It's not really hard. Tunsil...Godfather type offer (couldn't refuse), Fitzpatrick (Didn't want to be a Dolphin), Stills (eh...take your pick).....All tough moves and too many more to count, but try to convince me that everyone thought Biegel, Van Ginkel, Needham, Parker, Hayes and the Gatorade provider would play like real NFL players. Glass half empty sucks. All in or not. I love it.

I want to see Joe Burrow in a Dolphins uniform so badly, but...

I can’t help but feel optimistic going into the offseason. It’s obvious that we now have a coaching staff that can get the job done.

A talent infusion through free agency and a wealth of draft picks is an exciting thought, when combined with this coaching staff.

Yeah, we could get a slightly lower pick, but the amount of respectability we've gotten through the league has gone up drastically. That could mean the difference in a handful of free agents coming up. That has intangible affects with guys "buying in". When you consider all that has happened this year, the fact that we finished 5-11, topping it off by toppling the Pats, and possibly beating the winner of the NFC East as well, that's pretty impressive.

It’s actually remarkable that the season is already over. I can’t believe 16 games have already been played. I just remember before the season even began how the talking points about the team was that they were going to tank and have one of the worst seasons of all time. I still don’t know exactly how I feel about the entire process but the fact they were able to win five games with guys I literally have never heard of is very telling for the coaching staff.

Losing franchises always talk about that hope heading into the next couple of seasons. I will fall for it yet again though and say that I hope momentum continues to build and the team is even better in 2020.

The reactions in this post and other posts like it discussing meaningless wins are entirely predictable. Instant gratification always polls better than "short term pain for long term benefit". This is why we have been mediocre for the last 20 years and will likely remain that way for the foreseeable future.

Congratulations fellow Dolphins fans. When we start next season without a franchise quarterback I don't want to hear a single complaint.

I love going from 2-4th draft pick to possibly 7th for a meaningless win. Great job guys. :lol:

Momentum doesn't carry over season to season and all you homers rejoicing now, you wont be come draft day.

They can't even tank right.
You act like the fans at finheaven won this game. Stop with the over the top drama queen crap. If you can’t enjoy the win regardless of the draft maybe you should take yourself off the stage.

It utterly baffles me.

Here’s the crux of it, to me:

The Miami Dolphins were beaten 43-0 by the Patriots in the second game of the season. The next day, they traded away Minkah Fitzpatrick, arguably one of their top 2 players on the team.

They since have put their best player on the IR, along with a host of other players. Churned through offcasts, free agents and practice squad players.

And they went into New England today and beat the defending Super Bowl Champions in their house, with playoff seeding on the line. And it wasn’t lucky. They flat-out beat them.

So they’re not going to get Joe Burrow. And I would love Joe Burrow...a guy I freely admit I didn’t know existed 6 months ago.

You know who they do get? They get Brian Flores. And I’m okay with that trade-off at this point.

Here’s the list of the teams that have won in New England in December in the last 15 years:

- Kansas City this year, the #2 seed in the AFC.
- The Philadelphia Eagles, who just seem to have the Patriots’s number. They did it twice.
- The San Francisco 49ers, the year they went to the Super Bowl.
- The Bills, in a game the Pats were resting starters.
- The Miami Dolphins.

That’s it. That’s the whole list.

If you’re trying to be actively upset with the Fins for losing today, please allow me to suggest that you’re trying too hard to be upset.

And in two years, when Joe Burrow is playing golf in January after a 6-10 season in which he put up very nice numbers, while a Brian Flores team is getting the Dolphins ready for a playoff game, I’ll be happier about today than I am right now.

Your goal.

Nobody else’s.

No. Objectively the team plays for the prize, only. They are hired for that, league expects them to play for the prize, and everyone else does. The prizes are superbowl, or draft stock. There are no other prizes.
Your or anyone else subjective desires and feelings are meaningless.

I love going from 2-4th draft pick to possibly 7th for a meaningless win. Great job guys. :lol:

Momentum doesn't carry over season to season and all you homers rejoicing now, you wont be come draft day.

They can't even tank right.

Here’s the thing about that. Whether we pick 5th, or 7th, or 3rd, doesn’t matter. If we had gotten the first overall pick, then that would have mattered.

However, you know what matters? DeVante Parker has proven he’s a true unstoppable number one receiver. Mike Geiseicki has proven that he is now a force to be reckoned with. In fact, I hope we draft this guy with one of our first 4 picks:

Albert Okwuegbunam*, TE, Missouri
Height: 6-5. Weight: 260.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Projected Round (2020): 1-2.
11/30/19: In 2019, Okwuegbunam has caught 18 passes for 250 yards and six touchdowns. He has been a mismatch weapon in the passing game, but his receiving production has been hurt by losing Drew Lock to the NFL and having Kelly Bryant replace Lock. Okwuegbunam's blocking looks somewhat improved this year. Overall, his blocking is average for a receiving tight end. While Okwuegbunam is not a cowardly blocker like some receiving tight ends, Okwuegbunam lacks physicality and doesn't block to his size.

8/17/19: Okwuegbunam was one of the most dangerous mismatch weapons in college football during 2018, even though Missouri did not always utilize him. When the Tigers did use him, he produced big plays for them via his speed to get down the seam and his size to wall off defenders or make catches over them when they were able to keep him from getting separation. In 2018, he had 43 receptions for 466 yards with six touchdowns. He also missed the last four games with a shoulder injury. Some team sources said that Okwuegbunam is not a bad guy, but he is high maintenance for his coaches.

According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Okwuegbunam checks in at 6-foot-5, 260 pounds. He is said to run the 40 in a quick 4.70 seconds. His arms measure at 33.63 inches, his hands at 10 inches, and his wingspan at 80.75 inches.

Okwuegbunam was a dangerous red-zone weapon in 2017, hauling in 11 touchdowns from Drew Lock. Missouri opened up its offense with Lock in the back half of that season, using Okwuegbunam as one of is steady receiving threats. The redshirt freshman hauled in 29 receptions for 415 yards on the year.

Okwuegbunam could develop into a player with three-down starter consideration. Sources say that Okwuegbunam is impressive as he is big and athletic, runs fast, and catches the heck out of the ball. Scouts say that they've heard Okwuegbunam runs in the 4.5s and not the 4.70 that was listed on NFL teams' watch lists.

Maybe we’ll draft Tua, maybe Love, maybe we’ll draft our QB prospect next year and run with Fitzpatrick another year with a much better team around him. I don’t think it matters if we draft 4th or 7th, that isn’t going to make a difference. Finishing 5-11 with this roster? Tells me we have a really good coaching staff, and a decent QB in Fitz that we can win with while we continue to look for our Franchise QB of the future.

Enjoy the win man, it’s a pretty big deal to beat the Pats in Foxboro in December.

Every free agent will want to play for this coaching team. This free agency is as vital as the draft
Valid point I’d forgotten about. Early in the season, with players like Minkah WANTING to leave, I thought that there was no way we’d attract quality players in FA. I think this win flips that on its head. This win was helpful on so many levels and that’s a really important one I’d forgotten to take into account.

Back
Top Bottom