Move down 2-3 picks for a meaningless win... | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Move down 2-3 picks for a meaningless win...

I remember how much optimism I had going into the 1995 and 2009 seasons, and we all remember how those seasons ended. This off-season, I feel different because the ceiling is so high for the 2020 team as opposed to the 1995 and 2009 teams. Those teams seemingly only needed a couple of players to put them in serious contention. This team needs A LOT to be in contention, so if Flores can achieve a win like this with a roster like this, my hopes are seriously set on 8-8 next year. And that’s a good thing.

If the Dolphins lost today they would have had the 5th pick, but beating the Patriots they have the 5th pick. NO ONE should be upset about winning today. We had one of the biggest NFL upsets in history, forced the Patriots to play wildcard weekend and still have the 5th pick. This was a great day!

You play with the cards as they were dealt. However, if Miami had lost the two close wins against the Bengals and Patriots I believe they would have the top pick.

You play with the cards as they were dealt. However, if Miami had lost the two close wins against the Bengals and Patriots I believe they would have the top pick.
And you really think the Bengals play for the win against Cleveland with the 1st pick in balance?

Kinda whatever at this point if Tua declares. The injury was a blessing in disguise. Burrow is going #1, young #2, Thomas #3, Jeudy/Okudah #4, and we get our pick of Tua/Jeudy/Okudah/Simmons. Awesome place to be in imo.

And you really think the Bengals play for the win against Cleveland with the 1st pick in balance?

Of course they do. If they don't they'll have an investigation mounted against them by the nfl faster than they can say "tank" - because you don't lose intentionally. If they actually did, the draft system would probably get a shake up anyway. Teams don't try to lose in the NFL.

You are correct that the Dolphins have been mediocre during the last 20 years. The error in your analysis is the belief that a top prospect QB is the reason we are mediocre. There are multiple reasons we have been mediocre including poor talent management, poor resource resource management, poor leadership, and poor coaching.

The reason that many of us are excited about the meaningless wins is that the coaching staff has proven the ability to coach up players which is a part of talent management we have failed at during the last 20 years. The unproven coaching staff has performed better as they climb the learning curve. The fact that staff is improving is a very positive sign for the head coach. Coach Flo has shown leadership during tough times, and that is very positive.

Grier has done a fantastic job refilling our resources - cap space and draft picks. I am concerned talent scouting and player acquisition which has been a problem will squander these resources, but the addition of Reggie McKinsey gives me some hope. My criticism for your opinion is that you are so focused on one tree that you do not see the forest.
Thank you for your well thought out response to my post. Where we differ is that history has shown us that the one tree on which I am focused is critical to the building of a dynesty. I have no doubt that the current coaching staff will be able to get us to 9 wins next year with improved talent. However, without the franchise QB we will go back to repeats of our 9-7 mediocrity that marked the early part of the last decade. A franchise QB is that important to what we all hope the Dolphins under this coaching staff will become.

Kinda whatever at this point if Tua declares. The injury was a blessing in disguise. Burrow is going #1, young #2, Thomas #3, Jeudy/Okudah #4, and we get our pick of Tua/Jeudy/Okudah/Simmons. Awesome place to be in imo.

This is true, but there alot of people who would have loved a shot at drafting Burrow. Especially after watching the first half of the LSU game Saturday night. I for one ame cautious that the Burrow we see at LSU will not be the Burrow we see in the NFL. Not saying he will be a bust but don't expect thse video game like numbers next year.

This is true, but there alot of people who would have love a shot at drafting Burrow.
Burrow I’m still not sold on for some reason... I just don’t have faith in his arm, but that could be me just being paranoid. Fins have been star struck by Tua since scouting him IMO. He’s their guy.

Of course they do. If they don't they'll have an investigation mounted against them by the nfl faster than they can say "tank" - because you don't lose intentionally. If they actually did, the draft system would probably get a shake up anyway. Teams don't try to lose in the NFL.
You are speculating just like Greg did about us picking #1 if we lose to Cincy and New England. To many what ifs. You can definitely adjust your game planning to effect the possible outcome, teams have for years. Cincy would not have been playing so inspired if the number 1 pick wasn't already a lot, that is my speculation just like y'all's speculation about the other scenarios. But all that said I'll take the win any day, and be super jacked with Tua at 5 if he gets a good med outlook, even if he has to sit behind Fitz for 10 games next year. We have our coach that's one thing I think we all should be able to agree on.

why come in here to constantly complain and bitch?? People should GTFO if they’re unhappy about us winning a game that doesn’t hurt our positioning and only hurts our rivals.

if you wanna know who i am, slide in the PMs we can arrange that

Slide into PM? Whatcha gonna do?

Back
Top Bottom