Moving Wallace- A Closer Look | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moving Wallace- A Closer Look

Wallace is what he's always been, which, when he was with a legit deep threat qb, a straight beast on Sundays. Go watch the ALL 22 film and see how much Wallace gets open on a consistent basis, then come back here and try to formualte the opinion he's not a #1 or doesn't help this offense. You really think guys like Landry, Clay and the other meh WRs or TEs would be as successful w/o him? No they wouldn't be.

I'll be waiting..

So if you took the 115 targets and distributed them around to Landry, Clay and Hartline they would be less successful than they were with Wallace? Pretty sure Hartline would have a different opinion.

Whether Wallace stays or not I think its pretty clear Landry is the one that is going to get the most balls thrown in his direction. To me that's the definition of a #1 receiver.

You try everything possible to replace the bum and if it is not feasible then stick with him another year. But plan on seeing more of this if he stays another season.

wallacebench_zps92db3271-1.jpg

I'm a team player but I'd hate not making the playoffs when I know we have the talent. He has been frustrated since being in Miami because of the lack of big plays and mediocre coaching.

Cut Wallace and you shrink the field in half. Corners play press, Safetys creep up, run game suffers.

You need someone to blow the top off the field. Wallace is that guy.

Don't get me wrong. What he did Week 17 was unacceptable. However, the leaders of the team and the HC have to find a way to get through the year and them can him if he is unproductive in '15.

Maybe if Philbin allowed the team to have leaders it wouldn't have gotten to this. What happened in the last game is like you said inexcusable. What happened last year with bullygate is inexcusable, the problem is leadership and the lack there of. That falls on one person and he should have been FIRED.

I'd like to know the offsets that are undoubtedly written into his contract because that gives the team relief and could be key in the final decision.

Keeping a quitter is foolish. Again, this isn't the first time he has given up on a play or during the course of a game. Also, Id have to disagree and say that Tannehill and the read option garnered the most game planning from opposing defenses. Next in line would be our short to intermediate precise passing game. Rolling safety coverage over the top of some speedster is nothing new or innovative for extended study. Yes, it requires attention from the defense but so does any WR with formidable speed that goes consistently goes deep. He's EASILY replaceable. Just ask the Steelers. They've done it 3 times already with Brown, Wheaton and Bryant.

Absolutely ****ing hilarious is the posters telling the Dolphins to "suck it up" when Wallace is the one who quit. :chuckle: It's amazing to me those that fail to recognize just how bad of a WR Wallace is in terms of his hands and his route running.

Bad doesn't even describe it. He blew out with 3-4 amazing catches this past season, but RT had a great deal to do with it with his throws being right where they needed to be. However, he also dropped as many, and then gave no effort at all on just as many catch able balls IMO. Not to mention the drops.

He is easily replaceable.

Cut Wallace and you shrink the field in half. Corners play press, Safetys creep up, run game suffers.

You need someone to blow the top off the field. Wallace is that guy.

I know that's the way it's supposed to work but, did not see it because the deep throws did not work. Did he make other WR's better? Hartline, without him and vs #1 cover, had over 1,000 yards and a 14.6 average in 2012. Mr. Bill was game planning to stop Clay, and not Wallace. Can't say on the rest as they did not play without him.

Lazor's O spreads the field causing 6 in the box a lot, and we did not run a lot. Can't put 8 in the box with 3 WR's and Clay unless you decide to put no coverage on one of them. Wallace does make some difference but, have not seen it as a big one.

lotta people coming to Wallace's defense on this one. He's a diva, always been a diva. Not only is he a diva, he's the most expensive, and least talented of all the divas. He can't run great routes, doesn't locate the ball well, and doesn't even have great hands. Additionally everyone talking about "what he does for our offense", well, what does he do for "our offense"? The whole, spread the defense out, make them worry about over the top bs sounded great until we realized our offense functions primarily within a 20 yard box. So let's see, does it make sense to pay a speedster 16 mil when our offense doesn't even utilize him? Not to mention it is plain and simply not our quarterback's strong suit to hit a 4.2 speed guy in perfect stride (and it has to be perfect because as I said he can't locate the ball well).....

doesn't add up to me. we don't get 16 mil worth of value from him, not even close. does he help our offense? absolutely. does his attitude hamper our team? I think so....just my opinion.

as far as replacing him? which is the typical question people ask with this kind of post....well, we have some decent depth at wr with a few kids who I'm sure many would love to see get more reps, and unlike QBs, WR talent does seem to virtually grow on trees in the draft. Especially with the way the rules are slanted for their favor nowadays....hell, show me a list of upcoming FAs and you can probably find at least 1 or 2 serviceable replacement options that are half the cost.

point is our offense doesn't benefit as much from him being on the field as people like to think, and him and tannehill have never gotten along. ever.

stay or go I'll be fine with it, but the fact that he benched himself? quit on our team? then goes out of his way to comment that he's not taking a pay cut?

he's not a dolphin. at heart, at least.

It's a TUFF decision for the team to make, more so with Hartline, Gibson, and Matthews also in question. Also, we don't know who will be available and the money they want. I can see both sides points.

For me, I can see the production being replaced with a FA and I am still going #1 on a WR regardless of what we do. He quit on our team and causes friction within it. For some vet teams in the past with different coaches, this was a good thing. For this young team with fragile leadership, it's not. If he stays, I believe it will cause more problems this year, and a lack of respect for coaches, some of which seems to already exist.

We'll all know more in the next few weeks.

Only "2 or 3"? :chuckle: No kind sir, that's just all the time I have to waste right now on that POS track star. You're are more than welcome to scour my post history and dig up the smorgasbord of threads regarding Wallace's incompetence as a "WR".

No, no thank you. Won't do your job for you.lol If it was more than 3, provide the info that backs up your argument or, you have none. Wallace scored 10 TDs, how many more would he have if RT could throw a deep ball? He's not a long ball threat, in our offense by no mistake made by him. And that is FACT. You call him a track star but, he didn't do damage deep. That means he had the skill and intelligence to change his game to better fit his QB. Did anyone see Wallace being anything but, a track star before he got here?lol He did so much more than that this season. So, you are wrong again, he is more than just a track star. He scored 10 TDs. How many were more than 50 yards? 40? His numbers and play totally discredit your observation of a "POS track star".lol

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Only "2 or 3"? :chuckle: No kind sir, that's just all the time I have to waste right now on that POS track star. You're are more than welcome to scour my post history and dig up the smorgasbord of threads regarding Wallace's incompetence as a "WR".

Ok, so who was our #1 WR?

Finheaven Beware!

This is Armando's favorite season. He can claim "sources" or "they didnt say this publicly but..."

Singing Coombaya requires two sides to kiss and make up. Mando is saying Wallace aint budgin. And management can take as long as it wants coming to a conclusion and then still withhold info from media who acts like they know everything when indeed they do not. Alot of their info comes from agents and players and close confidants.

A guy named Wheeler probly talks alot to the media now.

Wallace will be cut and they will not only find his replacement, but also may already have a guy on the roster who will come out of the woodwork. This system doesnt require an alpha, for the 100th time, and Wallace aint nothing but an alpha diva.

you can replace his azz.

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

and keep an eye on the FA WR from GB. That situation could be interesting to Joe.

Dude, you sound silly. How have we done w/o an "alpha" WR the last few years. lmao@U

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Post the evidence. Then we'll debate. I know what I'm watching here. There's nothing special about Wallace that couldn't be easily replaced and upgraded by a WR with formidable speed and just about anyone has better hands. Wallace is mere track star.

so, who can "easily replace" him?lol "Easily" mind you.

Bad doesn't even describe it. He blew out with 3-4 amazing catches this past season, but RT had a great deal to do with it with his throws being right where they needed to be. However, he also dropped as many, and then gave no effort at all on just as many catch able balls IMO. Not to mention the drops.

He is easily replaceable.

Dude, that was funny. Are you saying RT threw a good deep ball this season? Consistently? lol If so, I'd have to ask, did you watch the Dolphins this year? The Miami Dolphins?

For those that want Wallace gone, all you are doing is adding ANOTHER need to a list that is already hefty. Plus, I do not think you will find a perfect replacement. It would come in the form of two players playing his role.

Between the money/cap, his impact as a speed threat and the continuity within the receiving corp, I have to bring him back for one more year.

You need to ask yourself is the cancer he will become in 2015 (IF he does not get his way) a lesser or bigger overall evil then if Miami got rid of him, and had to get another receiver.

I agree with Daytona, get plan in place to replace him with someone if not as good, at least dependable with good skills, then get rid of him before he totally destroys the offense with his complaining, and his "It's all about me" attitude.

I'd like to know the offsets that are undoubtedly written into his contract because that gives the team relief and could be key in the final decision.

One potential complication is that approximately $3.0 million of that $9.9 million is guaranteed. However that's not as big a deal as people would make of it because if Miami were to cut Mike Wallace, it's a given that he will make more than $3.0 million in 2015 from his new team. Miami has been inserting offset language in their contracts for many years which prevents the infamous "double dip", kudos to Dawn Aponte.

Basically, the Dolphins are only on the hook for $3M of Mike Wallace's salary only so long as he doesn't go play for another team making $3M or more. Unless he takes a contract to play for less than $3M, the Dolphins will not have to pay him anything. Every dollar of cash that Steve Ross pays or does not pay to a player gets accounted for on the salary cap. The only question is which year it happens.

This is from Mondo but, another poster said the $3M was guaranteed on the 5th day on the League's new year. No time to look it up.

Back
Top Bottom