Moving Wallace- A Closer Look | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moving Wallace- A Closer Look

Dude, that was funny. Are you saying RT threw a good deep ball this season? Consistently? lol If so, I'd have to ask, did you watch the Dolphins this year? The Miami Dolphins?

FWIW, on passes over 20 yards in the air, Wallace caught 5 of 24 last year, 6 of 36 in 2013, and 6 of 31 in 2012 with Big Ben.

Hartline caught 2 of 8 last year (not playing much), 6 of 14 in 2013, and 11 of 24 in 2012 without Wallace.

That's kinda hard to explain unless you believe that Big Ben could not throw the deep ball, and that Hartline is a better deep threat, which is what NFL stats show. 40% on deep throws is good.

Anyone have an answer?

Don't hold you're breath. :up:

All that's needed is another WR that possesses speed. And preferably one that can actually use his hands to catch a pass and doesn't act like a *****. Wallace is nothing special.

Agreed, and if that player could also run out a deep pass (Show some effort), unlike Wallace with his slowing down after a few deep passes, that would be a big improvement. :up:

Last edited by a moderator:
Try looking at 2009-11 for Wallace. 2012 was a down year for Steelers.

2011 was 10 of 27 which was fair, and 2010 was 13 of 37 which was good. Don't see where going back 5 years to find a good season says much. And then, there was Hartline doing better.

Ok, so who was our #1 WR?

Landry: Targets - 112, Receptions - 84. Catch rate - 75%

Wallace: Targets - 115, Receptions - 67. Catch rate - 58.3%

Jarvis Landry is our #1 WR. Also, in before you claim Landry is not a true #1 WR (As in a Z). Miami's offense does not function like traditional schemes that have your typical X, Y and Z WR sets.

mbhcu98 said:
No, no thank you. Won't do your job for you.lol If it was more than 3, provide the info that backs up your argument or, you have none.

Apparently you didn't watch many games this year if you think there was any less than at least 10 examples of Wallace's incompetent hands and route running. Since you're too lazy to look up threads, I'll dig one up for you.

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread...-because-Ryan-Tannehill-can-t-make-that-throw

Dude, that was funny. Are you saying RT threw a good deep ball this season? Consistently? lol If so, I'd have to ask, did you watch the Dolphins this year? The Miami Dolphins?

Boy....that was funny. Notice the sarcasm?

Now, who said anything about the deep ball? What's funny is the people that want to discredit RT have a bag full of exactly ONE argument on the guy. I wasn't saying anything about long ball throws, I was talking about his incredible accuracy and putting the ball where it needed to be. As pointed out to you just a few posts ago, RT doesn't have a problem with the deep ball any different than other QB's. It's a fallacy. He and Wallace have a disconnect for sure.....but he hits every other receiver in stride without much issue.

So, I ask you....did you watch the Miami Dolphins this year?

Anyone who thinks Wallace is worth keeping/worth his pay check are idiots and it really shows how sad our team has been that our fan base is willing to keep a guy like Wallace only to be a decoy and pay him as one of the highest paid players!?! It's laughable really, steelers didn't put up with his crap and I think they are just fine at the WR position without that clown.

I guess that's the difference between a great franchise like the steelers and a laughing stock of the nfl like the dolphins

When was the last time Wallace took a 5-10 yard slant pass to the house? How many times has he done that since he's been here? Maybe once or twice that I can remember.....yet he's soooo "explosive"...supposedly

Anyone who thinks Wallace is worth keeping/worth his pay check are idiots and it really shows how sad our team has been that our fan base is willing to keep a guy like Wallace only to be a decoy and pay him as one of the highest paid players!?! It's laughable really, steelers didn't put up with his crap and I think they are just fine at the WR position without that clown.

I guess that's the difference between a great franchise like the steelers and a laughing stock of the nfl like the dolphins

Steelers didn't resign him as a free agent. Miami would be cutting him and leaving and still be taking a $9.6m cap hit...completely different and not understanding the business side of football is the truly idiotic point of view. Not sure anyone feels he's worth the money, but it is what it is. The contract was designed for him to be a Dolphin for three years. After the 2015 the cap hit of cutting him is much more palatable.

Why? Offensive line issues? Is that an excuse?

No he was just using Wallace's worst year in yards per catch at Pit. Just wanted to see a full view of all his years at Pitt.
Big Ben was really good in his 1st year with Wallace then it dropped off. Big Ben was really good last year with Sanders.
Hard to really see anything that makes sense of these numbers.

Posters thinking that Wallace is worth keeping this year are far from idiots and calling them that is idiotic. Some believe that keeping him is in the best interest of the team winning, and he was improved, our best WR, and did get 10 TD's.

Others, like myself, believe that his production can be replaced, and that keeping him will hurt the team more than help it overall.

It's a fair debate, and not knowing who may replace him does not help. JMO

Steelers didn't resign him as a free agent. Miami would be cutting him and leaving and still be taking a $9.6m cap hit...completely different and not understanding the business side of football is the truly idiotic point of view. Not sure anyone feels he's worth the money, but it is what it is. The contract was designed for him to be a Dolphin for three years. After the 2015 the cap hit of cutting him is much more palatable.

Do what any other team would do....cut your losses and move on. Teams do that all the time

I agree that was the plan but, stuff happens. Again I go back to the fact that we can sign a FA WR for 3 years at $12M a year to replace him, and it will have absolutely no effect on our cap hits aver those 3 years. Ross would just be paying the $9M twice.

This is not the way teams want to do it but, if it makes our team better with a better chance of winning this year, I cannot see Ross objecting. JMO

Back
Top Bottom