My Way Too Early First Miami Mock Draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Way Too Early First Miami Mock Draft

It might be a good idea to try to move some of their draft capital to the 22 Draft where things will be less unsettled....................hopefully.

There is just no way to know how much Pro or College Football is going to be played.

Will we see enough of the SEC/ACC/Big 12 to know who is who?

Will the Big 10 and Pac 10 eventually play some games?

Will the NFL play enough games to have a proper Draft order?

Too many questions unanswered to know what to do.
Good points. We'll probably see more misses than usual in the 2021 draft for all teams.

Will teams go the safer route and gamble less on upside?

As of now Parsons and Chase would be my targets. Get the best offensive player and the best defensive player. I would not touch OL in the first.
I think that's a good strategy depending on where Miami actually picks. In my mind, it's also contingent on the development of the young players on the offensive line.

If Hunt can't nail down RT, I'd absolutely consider a tackle in the first round.

I'm not mad at Leatherwood. The picture of the DE from Iowa manhandling him the whole game sticks out in my mind.

My 2nd first rounder would go to Rondell Moore...even though I'm an Albert Wilson fan.

I wish, Moore isn’t getting out the top 25.

He’s electric.

I’d love to add the Humphrey/Moore combination in the first. Surely DE is atop the needs board but if we win a few games like expected i see us picking 6-12 range. Gotta expect the Texans to be 9-7 maybe 11-5 so who knows how things will play.

We will have options that’s for sure. I like what I’m seeing in the top 100 next year.

I wish, Moore isn’t getting out the top 25.

He’s electric.

I’d love to add the Humphrey/Moore combination in the first. Surely DE is atop the needs board but if we win a few games like expected i see us picking 6-12 range. Gotta expect the Texans to be 9-7 maybe 11-5 so who knows how things will play.

We will have options that’s for sure. I like what I’m seeing in the top 100 next year.
I didn't say our first 2nd rounder. I said our 2nd FIRST rounder.

I didn't say our first 2nd rounder. I said our 2nd FIRST rounder.

Gotcha. I was up til 3 am watching Cobra Kai and must’ve still been half asleep today. Great show by the way.

As far as Moore guys, i think he’s ideal with Parker/Williams and Gesicki. I am not usually in favor of drafting WRs in the first unless the situation is optimal. Getting a shot at Rondale would be optimal.

Taking a guy like Jamar Chase 3rd or 4th overall, not ideal.

Right now I’m targeting Rousseau to fill our biggest need. DE salaries will be north of $20 million pretty soon so 4 years of GR at a fairer rate makes sense. I’m certainly on board with Parsons after Rousseau. Need that defensive impact.

Can’t help but want to cement the OL though and let Tua have some consistency there for the future, hence the desire to add Creed Humphrey and let the OL evolve into something potentially special.

I think we are positioned excellently for the future and could use a few draft related breaks. I’ll be following the strength of schedule for Miami and Houston all season long.

I'd be looking for some combination of Micah Parsons, Creed Humphrey & Jaylen Waddle with those two 1st round picks if I were Miami. Find a way to get two of 'em. Believe me.

Can't debate that.

Looks like Parsons will be a top 5 pick -- maybe even top 3?

You would think Creed will be somewhere near mid R1 (18-20 range).

No clue where Waddle will be slotted... But of course R1.

My first 2 on the wish list would be Parson + Waddle.

I cooled a bit on Creed after what I saw in the BCS against LSU.
But I could be off...

Can't debate that.

Looks like Parsons will be a top 5 pick -- maybe even top 3?

You would think Creed will be somewhere near mid R1 (18-20 range).

No clue where Waddle will be slotted... But of course R1.

My first 2 on the wish list would be Parson + Waddle.

I cooled a bit on Creed after what I saw in the BCS against LSU.
But I could be off...

Yeah you could be. I'm a little baffled by that take. Creed was a beast against LSU. No penalties. No sacks allowed. Not a single snap that wasn't perfect. Just manhandled people. Stayed on his feet and dominated his guy.... he was dealing with a few monsters. Only saw him on the ground once and that was when he was pancaking Patrick Queen on a blitz. Honestly only graded about 4 plays that I could even consider negative. I don't come across games like that for an offensive lineman very often - especially a Center.

I don't care where Jaylen Waddle is slotted. It ain't high enough.

Yeah you could be. I'm a little baffled by that take. Creed was a beast against LSU. No penalties. No sacks allowed. Not a single snap that wasn't perfect. Just manhandled people. Stayed on his feet and dominated his guy.... he was dealing with a few monsters. Only saw him on the ground once and that was when he was pancaking Patrick Queen on a blitz. Honestly only graded about 4 plays that I could even consider negative. I don't come across games like that for an offensive lineman very often - especially a Center.

I don't care where Jaylen Waddle is slotted. It ain't high enough.

I assume your take is correct. I just saw a few plays where he looked a tad lost and indecisive.

Pretty sure it was all pass pro stuff where he could have helped but didn't.

He certainly is a physically impressive kid -- strong and his wrestling background is obvious.

I assume your take is correct. I just saw a few plays where he looked a tad lost and indecisive.

Pretty sure it was all pass pro stuff where he could have helped but didn't.

He certainly is a physically impressive kid -- strong and his wrestling background is obvious.

Yes I counted maybe 2 plays where he just didn't quite catch the late blitzer coming in his gap. Maybe another 2 plays where got beat initially with quickness and an arm over move.

But son let me tell you - when he gets those hands inside, rolls them hips under and locks out those long arms - it's a done deal amigo. You might as well just stop fighting it and wait for the whistle.

Everybody else on the oline was getting worked though. Most of the failures I saw were on the guards not picking up stunts while Creed was dominating.

What separates waddle from an albert Wilson at the next level?

Usage looks like it would be very similar as a wr. Just at a much higher draft asset cost

What separates waddle from an albert Wilson at the next level?

Usage looks like it would be very similar as a wr. Just at a much higher draft asset cost

Waddle might be the best offensive player in the country in my opinion. He's in the top 2 or 3.

Supercharged version of Albert Wilson maybe. Faster, more explosive, more elusive. Younger and healthier. It'd be flat stupid to snub your nose at Jaylen Waddle for Albert Wilson.

Waddle is a special player. I think Miami is looking for something special to tinker with in the slot and on punt returns. They'd have it in Waddle. Built in chemistry with Tua.

I'd be looking for some combination of Micah Parsons, Creed Humphrey & Jaylen Waddle with those two 1st round picks if I were Miami. Find a way to get two of 'em. Believe me.

I’d be ecstatic if they landed 2 of those 3.

I’d also like to see them end up with Najee Harris in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I’d be ecstatic if they landed 2 of those 3.

I’d also like to see them end up with Najee Harris in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Precisely. Richard LeCounte and Najee Harris in Round 2.

Back
Top Bottom