Natty Light | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Natty Light

Too bad you can't convert those thirteen wins into points come playoffs. He wasn't the only reason Atlanta lost...but he was a big reason they got blown out. Gb was resting starters at the number 1 seed's house. That is friggin sad. Sure miami should have drafted him but the point is right now he is not elite and just another above avg QB.

too bad you can't convert jake longs great pass blocking skills into playoff berths.......

Ryan and Long through three years have the same amount of playoff wins. Ryan is a one time Pro Bowler and Long is a three time Pro Bowler. Also, Long is much more likely to he wearing a gold jacket at the end of his career.

I'm on record as loving jake long, so take this as such, but his rookie season he was like a 2nd or 3rd alternate for pro bowl selection was he not?

and while I agree they have won the same amount of playoff games... matt ryan led his team to 1 less reg season win this year, than we have combined in the past TWO seasons.... it is what it is I guess.

Look at Flacco and Ryan, if their team can't run the ball they all look like Henne, please include Sanchez in that list.
When Big Ben won the SB he had a great running game behind him.
Mike Mayock was talking about Ryan and the falcons vs Long and the Fins and how these teams are going in a different direction, but put Ryan in the AFC East with Henning and playing the Pats and the Jets twice a year and Ryan is no better then Henne.

did they win the game? putting up a great stat line and losing the game is not greater than playing poorly and losing. it's still a loss.

Putting up a great stat line shows Rodgers is a stud and can carry his team. If his defense showed up at all, they win the game... because he did his job and then some.

Unlike Rodgers, Ryan wasn't doing much to help his team win its first playoff game. He was hurting as much as helping them.

I guess Drew Brees and Peyton Manning are not elite because their teams lost in the playoffs also.
comeon, that isn't even a valid arguement, at least those two QBs have won playoff games and won superbowls...

Because yea, going 20-3 at home as a starter and going to the playoffs twice in his first three seasons clearly demonstrates he blows. We really dodged a bullet there by not taking him with the first pick in 08. Good post.

And he can't win in the postseason. So all that records and stats mean jack when he can't win when it means most.

Ridiculous thread. Atlanta is a great team and has a future with their franchise QB, where are we? No where with a terrible offense and no QB whatsoever. Sure Atlanta lost in the playoffs and Ryan was bad, but they made the playoffs and he was on fire at home all season. We were 1-7 at home and Henne threw a million picks.

Imagine that. A young qb has problems when the running game is non- existant?!?!

He's good no doubt but I think we can lose the Matty Ice nonsense. What's the opposite of ice ? He's Matty Steam. That was the disappointing thing. He made a mistake or two and all we see on the sidelines is him cursing and yelling - mainly at himself I think. I guess everyone on here would love to see their QB "showing emotion" but I'd rather see a bit of composure - I can't believe he was giving his teammates a lot of confidence that he was going to drag them back in the game. He just seemed to crumble mentally after those errors

Comparing Ryan to Rodgers is something akin to comparing Cutler to Rivers.

To me, this is just like folks that argue Montana was a better QB than Marino simply because Montana had much better talent around him to help them win games. They judge not by the merit of the individual QB play, but based solely on the 53 man team success.

They give all the credit to Matt Ryan for being on a team that wins 13 games, even though the guy rarely has dominante performances. Usually, his performances are quite ordinary.

Truly elite QB's like Marino, Manning, Brady and now Rodgers are guys that take above average (or sometimes even mediocre) talent and make them contenders. They don't put up 1 300 yard game per year, they do it all year long. When the talent around them is actually very good, then they put up unbelievable numbers.

Now, Ryan is still better than any Dolphins QB this decade, so in hindsight I agree that we should've taken him. But... it wasn't as big of a mistake as passing on Rodgers was, that's for sure. Our consolation prize to Ryan is the best LT in pro football. Hopefully he'll someday have the chance to block for a top 10 QB. For Rodgers, the consolation prize was a RB who has been decent, but often injured and easily replaceable.

Read all my posts moonshine.

He has the tools but gave up *** tonight.

And again with the a team LOADED with PB he sucked tonight.

Natty Light put up a Penny like performance.

ha ha ha...calling wv "moonshine" lmao...now thats some funny ****

come on guys...for real...i would much rather have a matt ryan than a jake long...nothing against jake but you can win championships with matt ryan under center...it's just not his time yet

enough said??? matt ryan just led his team to 1 less victory this season than we have combined for in the past two seasons.... think about that.

How did aaron rodgers fair his first post season go around. The falcons defense which is usually quite stout at home, stunk up the joint. the more he makes the post season the better he will be.

I am jake long's biggest supporter, love that dude. but the pick should have been a franchise qb... atlanta will more than likely make post season again next year with matt ryan at qb... and we will probably be a .500 ballclub again... with an elite LT.

400 plus yards and 4 tds on the road...that's how

I'm still not buying him as a big time QB. Good QB, but not even close to being elite. And he never will be.

Back
Top Bottom