Natty Light | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Natty Light

Matty Shat the bed yesterday mind you he wasn't the only reason for their loss - but his inferior play will stand out - Different D and stadium but Flaaco didn't completely choke on the road he also had a poor game but two balls hit WRS Boldin and Housh in the hands and they had an opportunity to win - Flaaco out-played - Matty "nice" threw the game "plain & simple" - talk about a game manager of PBs..., sure I would love to have him but this "franchise QB tag" deserves to be placed on the very best the rest are serviceable and some are pretty good but Ryan has gotten too much credit for their home winning record...

He's still a good QB just not as good as Aaron Rodgers. Despite their records the Packers are the better team. The Packers Defense is superior to Atlanta's. I don't think either the Bears or Seahawks will stop the Packers from getting to the big game.The Packers are just too good all around even with the injuries they've had. Imho they are the only team from the NFC that has a chance of beating the Patriots or Steelers in the Superbowl.

Because yea, going 20-3 at home as a starter and going to the playoffs twice in his first three seasons clearly demonstrates he blows. We really dodged a bullet there by not taking him with the first pick in 08. Good post.

For all the crap we gotta here about the "next one" remember He shat the bed

The Packers didn't attempt a Punt all night. No QB is going to win you games if your defense can't force one punt.

You don't have to punt when your PB QB serves up three TOs one a pick six in the last 10 seconds - everyone could see the lack of arm strength - the throw was reminiscient of some of Marino's bone head moves - yes Marino made mistakes but he got himself out of some jams - Marino played his team up Ryan does not improve his team he is not elite or worthy of a franchise QB unless you are going to place that title on 25 other starters. Franchise stands for elite in my books

He's a very good QB, but elite he is not. He's shown that with his post-season performaces. While I'd still would love to go back and draft him (because it's the most important posistion to secure) one things for certain.... Jake Long is an ELITE player at his posistion. 3 for 3 in Pro Bowls, and two All pro selections. Enough said.

enough said??? matt ryan just led his team to 1 less victory this season than we have combined for in the past two seasons.... think about that.

How did aaron rodgers fair his first post season go around. The falcons defense which is usually quite stout at home, stunk up the joint. the more he makes the post season the better he will be.

I am jake long's biggest supporter, love that dude. but the pick should have been a franchise qb... atlanta will more than likely make post season again next year with matt ryan at qb... and we will probably be a .500 ballclub again... with an elite LT.

Matty Shat the bed yesterday mind you he wasn't the only reason for their loss - but his inferior play will stand out - Different D and stadium but Flaaco didn't completely choke on the road he also had a poor game but two balls hit WRS Boldin and Housh in the hands and they had an opportunity to win - Flaaco out-played - Matty "nice" threw the game "plain & simple" - talk about a game manager of PBs..., sure I would love to have him but this "franchise QB tag" deserves to be placed on the very best the rest are serviceable and some are pretty good but Ryan has gotten too much credit for their home winning record...

inferior play??? did you watch him play this year. Do you know his home record. He's still young, the playoff games are a different animal, and I won't be shocked when he's winning playoff games. Why on earth has he gotten too much credit for their home record.... it can't possibly work both ways. He gets too much credit for the home record, but takes all the blame for yesterdays playoff loss??? that makes sense on zero levels.

Just remember that when it comes to Matt Ryan stats all of a sudden "matter" and this is only a "growing pain". However in regards to Henne , forget the lack of a running game or consistent wideout play or stats. Henne just flat out sucks to the crowd who still to this day worship players that were not drafted YEARS ago. Double standard much?!

inferior play??? did you watch him play this year. Do you know his home record. He's still young, the playoff games are a different animal, and I won't be shocked when he's winning playoff games. Why on earth has he gotten too much credit for their home record.... it can't possibly work both ways. He gets too much credit for the home record, but takes all the blame for yesterdays playoff loss??? that makes sense on zero levels.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by rev kev

We saw the same thing - he didn't take all the blame read my mosts in the thread - he ain't elite

what is 13-3 than in your third year? average?

how many other franchise qb's led their team to 13 win seasons this year?

Weird thread. Matt Ryan still leads the nfc champs and is in the playoffs. He got outplayed by Rodgers (who is better) but I'd be happy to settle for Matt Ryan. The guy is in year 3. You look like fools ****ting on the guy. Green Bay is a nightmare matchup for anyone. Anyone who thinks Mularkey is doing anything other than hindering the talent on that offense is kidding themselves. I think it's hilarious when people talk about what a great job Mike is doing "developing" Ryan. What bull****.

BTW skunking usually implies getting shut out.

I'd take Matt Ryan in a heart beat. He had an awesome year. Further as far as the number one pick goes, I would rather have a QB wanting a left tackle, than a LT wanting a QB. It is normal for a Dolphin fan to be looking for him to be poor. It's justifying the LT pick.

Because yea, going 20-3 at home as a starter and going to the playoffs twice in his first three seasons clearly demonstrates he blows. We really dodged a bullet there by not taking him with the first pick in 08. Good post.

Ryan and Long through three years have the same amount of playoff wins. Ryan is a one time Pro Bowler and Long is a three time Pro Bowler. Also, Long is much more likely to he wearing a gold jacket at the end of his career.

Too bad you can't convert those thirteen wins into points come playoffs. He wasn't the only reason Atlanta lost...but he was a big reason they got blown out. Gb was resting starters at the number 1 seed's house. That is friggin sad. Sure miami should have drafted him but the point is right now he is not elite and just another above avg QB.

What the Falcons needed last night was a Pro Bowl left tackle! bahaha. Ryan got exposed last night, I could give 2 craps about his home record, it just dropped last night. I am still glad that we took Long. You put Matt Ryan with our team, with our O-line, with Henning as an Offensive Coordinator and the out come isn't any better. Ryan to me has shown to be a slightly above avergae QB on a team that is much better than ours. He is nothing special, regardless of how bad some on here want him to be. He is a Drew Bledsoe at best and that is giving him a lot.

enough said??? matt ryan just led his team to 1 less victory this season than we have combined for in the past two seasons.... think about that.

How did aaron rodgers fair his first post season go around. The falcons defense which is usually quite stout at home, stunk up the joint. the more he makes the post season the better he will be.

How did Rodgers do his first post season go around?

423 yards, 4 passing TDs, 1 rushing TD, completed 66.7% of his passes, 1 INT

Yes, his fumble at the end lost the game... but the Packers don't even make it to OT w/o his great performance up until then. Rodgers carries his team and makes the players around him better.

How did Rodgers do his first post season go around?

423 yards, 4 passing TDs, 1 rushing TD, completed 66.7% of his passes, 1 INT

Yes, his fumble at the end lost the game... but the Packers don't even make it to OT w/o his great performance up until then. Rodgers carries his team and makes the players around him better.

did they win the game? putting up a great stat line and losing the game is not greater than playing poorly and losing. it's still a loss.

Back
Top Bottom