NBA Playoffs | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Playoffs

MARINO1384 said:
Ok Wade did not carry that team he had plenty of help. Caron Butler is very good,Odom is good and Eddie Jones is an excellent 3 point shooter. He had more then a decent supporting cast.

Alot of the calls in the nba are questionable but they give it back to them with the stuff shaq gets away with.

What has Lamar Odom done since leaving the Heat? He is the most inconsistant player in the league

Caron Butler is a decent player, but he is by no means a superstar.

Eddie Jones is just that, a 3 point shooter, but he isnt a real scoreing threat like when he was younger

How can someone who doesnt live in Miami or watch the Heat decide who carried the team? When I watched all 82 games that year, or whatever number of them were televised

MARINO1384 said:
So he's automatically has an advantage at being better because he's shorter then ur normal sg? i'll take vince driving over wade anyday.

You are so biased that it has become funny.

MARINO1384 said:
Ok Wade did not carry that team he had plenty of help. Caron Butler is very good,Odom is good and Eddie Jones is an excellent 3 point shooter. He had more then a decent supporting cast.
You just contradicted the **** out of yourself. Previously, you stated that Carter carried the Nets this year, yet his "supporting cast" (see * below) consists of Jason Kidd who is clearly better than any of those Heat players mentioned. The same argument can be made for Richard Jefferson. Caron Butler played horrible that year as didn't bounce back from his big injury until the following season with LA. Eddie Jones and Rafer Alston were horrific if I can remember correctly. The only true help Wade had was Odom, and Odom was just that - WADE's HELP. Did you even watch the Heat in the playoffs that year? I doubt it, because going by your age, FIRST OF ALL...you were only 12-13 years old. :rolleyes2

*going by your quote, because truly Carter is a member of KIDD's supporting cast

Alex22 said:
How can someone who doesnt live in Miami or watch the Heat decide who carried the team? When I watched all 82 games that year, or whatever number of them were televised

Exactly the problem with some of these children. Talk about what you know, not what you hear or read in the papers/stats. :shakeno:

Blueprint said:
Somebody needs to ban this guy from posting in this section of Finheaven.

Wade did not carry the Heat? Shaq did? When the game is on the line for Miami, somebody other than Wade gets the ball? Please. In the 2005-2006 season, Carter received more help from Kidd & Jefferson than Wade did from Shaq or anybody else. I don't even wonna hear about that game on the line bull****, because Vince is the best shooter on that team, so he's gonna get that last shot. Kidd isn't a jump shooter. Jason Kidd runs that team though, and carries them as well. You're statements made in this thread = sad for someone who actually claims to "watch" basketball.

Some of yall need to step your b-ball knowledge up before speaking on it....:shakeno:

Someone should ban you......i never said shaq carried the heat so idk where u got that from? i said that wade didn't carry the team on his back,which is true. Is wade single handily take over games scoring 50 a night? NOOOOOOOO he's not doing what Kobe is doing so NO he does not carry the Heat. If he were carrying them then he'd have no help but he does. He has an excellent supporting cast so he doesn't have to. Not saying he couldn't but as of right now he doesn't. I never said that anyone gets the ball at the end other then wade so ur pulling things out of nowhere. So maybe you need to read and comment on things i actually said.......:rolleyes2

MARINO1384 said:
Someone should ban you......i never said shaq carried the heat so idk where u got that from? i said that wade didn't carry the team on his back,which is true. Is wade single handily take over games scoring 50 a night? NOOOOOOOO he's not doing what Kobe is doing so NO he does not carry the Heat. If he were carrying them then he'd have no help but he does. He has an excellent supporting cast so he doesn't have to. Not saying he couldn't but as of right now he doesn't. I never said that anyone gets the ball at the end other then wade so ur pulling things out of nowhere. So maybe you need to read and comment on things i actually said.......:rolleyes2
Like I said, kid, you contradicted the **** out of yourself. You stated that Vince Carter carried the Nets, yet he isn't even the best player on his team?

Seriously, I'd rather not even have this discussion with someone who clearly lacks basketball knowledge.

Section126 said:
You are so biased that it has become funny.

I'm not being biased it's just my opinion i grew up watching Vince and i'll take him going to the hole then i would over Wade.

Blueprint said:
Like I said, kid, you contradicted the **** out of yourself. You stated that Vince Carter carried the Nets, yet he isn't even the best player on his team?

Seriously, I'd rather not even have this discussion with someone who clearly lacks basketball knowledge.

Where did i say he's not the best player on the team? because he clearly is

MARINO1384 said:
Where did i say he's not the best player on the team? because he clearly is
No, I am the one who said he's not the best player on his team. Jason Kidd is a better overall player. Stop overrating stats and the fact that Half Man/Half Season is your favorite player, because you're making yourself look pretty foolish.

MARINO1384 said:
I'm not being biased it's just my opinion i grew up watching Vince and i'll take him going to the hole then i would over Wade.
But how often do you watch Wade? 3-5 times a year? Exactly; your opinion on Wade is meaningless. :rolleyes2

I watch Dwyane Wade all year and I have the NBA League Pass, so I watch all playoff teams & good games.

Blueprint said:
You just contradicted the **** out of yourself. Previously, you stated that Carter carried the Nets this year, yet his "supporting cast" (see * below) consists of Jason Kidd who is clearly better than any of those Heat players mentioned. The same argument can be made for Richard Jefferson. Caron Butler played horrible that year as didn't bounce back from his big injury until the following season with LA. Eddie Jones and Rafer Alston were horrific if I can remember correctly. The only true help Wade had was Odom, and Odom was just that - WADE's HELP. Did you even watch the Heat in the playoffs that year? I doubt it, because going by your age, FIRST OF ALL...you were only 12-13 years old. :rolleyes2

*going by your quote, because truly Carter is a member of KIDD's supporting cast

Exactly the problem with some of these children. Talk about what you know, not what you hear or read in the papers/stats. :shakeno:

Why are you comparing the Nets this year to the Heat of 2004 anyways? And i didn't look at the stats from that year anyways. I don't like stats, like i think this was Vince nest year but even tho the stats don't say that i think it is because of the way he and the team played and how consistent he was.

Blueprint said:
No, I am the one who said he's not the best player on his team. Jason Kidd is a better overall player. Stop overrating stats and the fact that Half Man/Half Season is your favorite player, because you're making yourself look pretty foolish.

But how often do you watch Wade? 3-5 times a year? Exactly; your opinion on Wade is meaningless. :rolleyes2

I watch Dwyane Wade all year and I have the NBA League Pass, so I watch all playoff teams & good games.

First of all the nets are noone's team and if u were to ask them they'd tell you that it's no one's team. The big three are the leaders and that's how they play. And as i said b4 i don't look at the stats. The half man/half season is the old vince carter which is what all you ppl know about him becuz u don't watch nets games. And what is my opinion on wade? i've never put him down i like him all i said was that in my opinion i'd take carter over wade. I'm not dissing wade it's just my opinion.

Blueprint said:

Ok first of the Nets are noone's team and if you were to ask them they'd tell you that the big 3 are the leaders but noone carries the teamThe half man/half season is the old vince that you wouldn't know because you haven't watched him all the time. What exactly is my opinion of wade? I never put him down and i like him he's one of my favorite player. All i said was that i would take vince over wade if i needed someone to drive to the hole. THAT'S MY OPINION I'M NOT DISSING WADE IT'S JUST MY OPINION.

MARINO1384 said:
First of all the nets are noone's team and if u were to ask them they'd tell you that it's no one's team. The big three are the leaders and that's how they play. And as i said b4 i don't look at the stats. The half man/half season is the old vince carter which is what all you ppl know about him becuz u don't watch nets games. And what is my opinion on wade? i've never put him down i like him all i said was that in my opinion i'd take carter over wade. I'm not dissing wade it's just my opinion.

Unless you've seen Wade play a good enough amount of games this year, then you truly don't have a say in a "Wade vs. Carter" debate. And I am sure outside of the national games & vs. NJ, if even those, you haven't seen Wade play once this year...

Also, almost every team in the league with 3 top players is gonna say that. However, everybody knows that is Jason Kidd's team. It's been his since he arrived, and it will be his until he goes elsewhere/retires.

And for the record, don't categorize me in "you people" because you do not know how many Nets games I've seen this season. Like I said, I do have the NBA League Pass. :rolleyes2

MARINO1384 said:
READ WHAT? i started argueing about one thing and then it got changed?
You asked a question, but you shouldn't have to ask that question if you followed along correctly. I'm not gonna explain myself all over again. No offense, but reading comprehension man.......go read it over or forget it.

Blueprint said:
Unless you've seen Wade play a good enough amount of games this year, then you truly don't have a say in a "Wade vs. Carter" debate. And I am sure outside of the national games & vs. NJ, if even those, you haven't seen Wade play once this year...

Also, almost every team in the league with 3 top players is gonna say that. However, everybody knows that is Jason Kidd's team. It's been his since he arrived, and it will be his until he goes elsewhere/retires.

And for the record, don't categorize me in "you people" because you do not know how many Nets games I've seen this season. Like I said, I do have the NBA League Pass. :rolleyes2

You asked a question, but you shouldn't have to ask that question if you followed along correctly. I'm not gonna explain myself all over again. No offense, but reading comprehension man.......go read it over or forget it.[/quote]

I;m not i'm just saying that ppl in general always think of the Vince of Toronto when he's totally different now. Yes in a way it's Kidds team because he's the point gaurd but he doesn't act like it....the big 3 superstars all share the responsibilty. Yeah i'll forget it cuz we're not going to agree cuz i love carters game and have followed it since he came in the league so yes i'm going to be biased but so are you and other heat fans it's part of being a fan lol......no hard feeling or anything lol for anyone i've argued with cuz it's just my opinion cuz i'm a nets fan and your a heat fan so your going to disagree with me but hey isn't that what message boards are for if everyone agreed it'd be mad boring haha

Back
Top Bottom