NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash

No player took $1,200 at all, but nice try. Vernon got $200 worth of benefits in the form of food and drinks. The $1,000 was a donation made to his high school by Shapiro. Sorry to disappoint.
Same thing... he "received 1,200 in benefits." No apology necessary.

Same thing... he "received 1,200 in benefits." No apology necessary.

It's sad the NCAA doesn't differentiate between actual benefits to athletes and donations to schools. There has to be a little more to this story than just a donation to the school.

Listenng to the Herd on ESPN radio . . . the host (Colin whatever his name is) is a perfect example of being misinformed and believing the story of a convicted felon who scandaled a billion dollars from multimillion and billionaire organizations.

He says Jim Tressel lying to the NCAA was wrong, he says Reggie Bush family in a house is wrong but the University of Miami thing was equal to Resovoir Dogs meets Scarface. Mind you, there are no drugs, robberies, killings and guns involved . . . a few kids got some ***** and free drinks and put a few dollars in their pockets :lol:

And people eat that **** up. Whatever floats your boat ESPN.

my heart goes out to all the miami fans out there. for those of you who are delusional enough to think that this will end in some sort of 'slap on the wrist' scenario are in for a very rude awakening. it won't happen right away - but the hammer will come down hard after all is said and done. nothing like this has ever happened before in college sports - not even close. not even SMU can match this type of 'in your face' style blatant rule breaking. while getting SMU'd hopefully isn't an option - a slow and painful death is a very real and unfortunate possibility. after reading about a billion articles about the situation that exist - one thing is clear. that total weasel and those entitled kids were so blase about their decade of cheating that **** will come to light that can be proven and used to crucify them. it's not possible for crazy **** like that to happen for such a lengthy period of time and be able to get all that blood off your hands.

what the hell was everyone thinking? it obviously starts with the school - to let that piece of human excrement THAT involved with your program? letting him run out of the tunnel and stand on the sidelines - letting him pick fights with school employees in the press box - letting him be so entrenched in your program that it's impossible to deny having intense involvement? and then hire a new coach after the fact and not let him in on how much his life is going to suck balls for the next few years? what a bunch of scumbag idiots. everyone culpable should be fired immediately. this picture pretty much blows my mind.

1313229436-1.jpg

next up is the NCAA. how do you not know about a decade of this ****? do you suck at your jobs that bad? that's supposedly what you do - it's the reason you exist - yet you continue to be completely useless and never fail to under or over react at every single opportunity - depending on how stupid said situation is going to make you look. fugging dissolve already or hold those responsible for this never ending bull**** actually responsible so college football can retain some of it's former integrity and i can enjoy it again without making so many excuses for doing so. i mean - seriously - how does the NCAA still exist? how has something not been done yet? what the fugg?

last up is those stupid kids. yeah i know - everyone else does it, they come from nothing, they should be getting some piece of the pie, blah blah blah. nothing excuses how little of a fugg they gave about at least TRYING to hide all this nonsense. that's how little they cared about the university they were supposed to be representing. they went with that little dickhole everywhere - knowing exactly what time it was - hands out the entire time - and never even thought twice about it from the looks of it. and then thinking somehow it wouldn't come out? that someone, somewhere didn't get pissed off enough at all this or possibly have something to gain from it - that has proof of something or other - wouldn't come out of the woodwork with some evidence? that's not just a slap in the face to the university - but to their parents (hopefully - although probably not for the most part), fans, the whole institution in general, etc.. and here i thought the whole marvin austin being a runner thing was ballsy. hot damn was i wrong.

this will go down as the biggest scandal ever in college sports. i don't know what actions will take place, but i wouldn't hold my breath if i was a UM fan. enjoy this next season as much as humanly possible guys - who knows what's waiting down the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's wrong with that picture? It's a booster handing a University President a check for $50,000. There are hunderds of these type photos floating around the Internet. It's no different than me writing her a check and personally handing it to her. No rule or infraction happened there.

SMU type stuff?

:lol:

Go look at what SMU did and get back to us.

I'm not saying that we're going to walk away unharmed from all of this, but it certainly won't be near as bad as what everyone here in projecting. You are a lost cause, my friend lol.

What's wrong with that picture? It's a booster handing a University President a check for $50,000. There are hunderds of these type photos floating around the Internet. It's no different than me writing her a check and personally handing it to her. No rule or infraction happened there.

SMU type stuff?

:lol:

Go look at what SMU did and get back to us.

I'm not saying that we're going to walk away unharmed from all of this, but it certainly won't be near as bad as what everyone here in projecting. You are a lost cause, my friend lol.

i'm not saying the donation was an infraction. i'm talking about the irony surrounding it - especially given the current circumstances. that chick is dirty as hell - and that picture shows where her true interests lie. and with a BIG SMILE on her face. too much. :lol:

i'm with you guys J. i truly am. but i see a bad moon on the rise.

It's not over. I don't think they will end up getting the death penalty. But I don't believe it's over.

we all know what happened. it's gonna come down to what they can prove. SMU was reckless with paying those kids. it doesn't look like UM was too concerned about covering shapiro's tracks real good either.

Perfect example of a guy fooled by sensationalism and doesn't read into anything. LOL at SMU type stuff. This isn't even remotely close to as bad as the Pell Grant scandal. All in all, another guy to be disappointed when the sanctions come.

listening to miami sports talk show the other day, somebody commented that this probably wont be resolved until early 2012

we all know what happened. it's gonna come down to what they can prove. SMU was reckless with paying those kids. it doesn't look like UM was concerned about covering shapiro's real good tracks either.

Miami didn't pay kids. Shapiro bought them food and drinks, and most of the allegations were only a few hundred dollars, if that in benefits.

Perfect example of a guy fooled by sensationalism and doesn't read into anything. LOL at SMU type stuff. This isn't even remotely close to as bad as the Pell Grant scandal. All in all, another guy to be disappointed when the sanctions come.

i've read every possible article about all this stuff chief. i'm even on your side considering how intense all this **** is - the fact that i'm not making fun of you should tell you something. i don't know what the sanctions will be - but consider yourself lucky if you have even a halfway relevant football program after all this is sorted out.

'not even remotely as bad' shows me exactly what you know. and that's about jack and ****. and jack just left town.

i'm not saying the donation was an infraction. i'm talking about the irony surrounding it - especially given the current circumstances. that chick is dirty as hell - and that picture shows where her true interests lie. and with a BIG SMILE on her face. too much. :lol:

i'm with you guys J. i truly am. but i see a bad moon on the rise.

Way to speak on the subject without knowing the context of it. It was a party to introduce Frank Haith, and Shapiro grabbed the Mic and said he'd like to donate $50,000 and handed Shalala a check. No irony. No dirty.

Back
Top Bottom