New Cowboys Trade Proposal Emerges for All-Pro CB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Cowboys Trade Proposal Emerges for All-Pro CB

Not close to enough compensation. They trying to fleece us like we did on the Tunsel trade.

A mid-range #1 and a potential starting Guard... that wouldn't be bad.

I know this is only a hypothetical trade, but McGovern was fairly well regarded by the draft touts and now has some starting experience at two positions. Eluemunor would immediately be out of the picture... or possibly Deiter, as McGovern was regarded as a possible Center.

I agree, I just don't think two #1's is realistic for an aging and oft injured CB. Dallas would be foolish to expect 10 picks a year for "several more years" as the article points out.

One first rounder, another O-lineman with decent quality and big cap savings might just be enough.

I'd rather sit tight though and watch X play for us this year on a dynamic young defense but if he does have to go, not sure who could or would offer more.

At this point, I don't see any team trading for X. Not many teams have the cap space. Its conceivable Grier eventually, finds a trade partner. Especially if he agrees to take on some salary, similar to what he did with Tannehill. I'm not sure something happens before the season starts in 2021. But can see a trade deadline deal getting done. This proposed trade by Dallas is a good offer. I'm sure Grier will figure it out soon enough. But expecting Two 1st rounders is not something I'm gonna bet on. Too many variables against it. Especially considering Howard is now 28. A first and a player is a good deal.

Cowboys are only $5 million under the cap, they would have to cut or trade a few players

A 1st and a backup OT? I'm out.
All in.

X wants a new deal now, and all thur the season if he is willing not to hold out. His value is at the highest at this point. Don't tell me your expect a repeat performance this season.

A first round? Where do I sign up.? And don't forget, not all first rounds are created equal. First round from Dallas is different from first round from KC.

Last edited:
At this point, I don't see any team trading for X. Not many teams have the cap space. Its conceivable Grier eventually, finds a trade partner. Especially if he agrees to take on some salary, similar to what he did with Tannehill. I'm not sure something happens before the season starts in 2021. But can see a trade deadline deal getting done. This proposed trade by Dallas is a good offer. I'm sure Grier will figure it out soon enough. But expecting Two 1st rounders is not something I'm gonna bet on. Too many variables against it. Especially considering Howard is now 28. A first and a player is a good deal.
IDK, a top tier cb is always in demand, even a necessity for a playoff caliber team missing that important piece. So far he hasn't been a dick, may or not be looking for top money but certainly more than we're giving him, and has an agent that gets things done. I think he'll be gone.

Well that's confusing. I I see interconference, I immediately think of inside the same conference because that makes sense. Outside the conference obviously the NFC since we are AFC and it's not within our conference. But what do I know?

Does anyone else think of it this way or just me?

I think your confusing "intraconference" with "interconference", but I could be wrong - LOL

I think your confusing "intraconference" with "interconference", but I could be wrong - LOL

They could give us 2 1st round draft picks using next years and the year after that, along with a veteran guard, after scaling Howards pay to reduce it's effect on the cap.

The idea of this trade makes me smile.

Makes sense if the Cowboys offer a bit more

Quite frankly, I want the overpaying Cowboys to get into negotiations with Grier. The Cowboys' tough talk about Miami getting taken on the Byron Jones signing will come to roost in full gala when they step into Grier's wheelhouse.

I'm not concerned one bit with losing Howard.

We have built a culture of "no individual more important than the team" and "next man up". We follow these philosophies with drafting and developing talent a every position. With as many DBs as we possess, you could say we've been planning for this moment for the past few years.

Please Jerry... please come to save us from this horrible situation and bless us with your mercy paid in the form of draft picks and salary cap savings.

Then turn your talent-filled roster of superstars into an .500 season. Continue believing you can buy your way out of mediocrity and ignore the need for genuine coaching and football minds wandering the halls of Texas Stadium. Please ignore your own championship history built around a Hall of Fame Head Coach and one of the better coaching staffs assembled.

It's the players, Jerry. It's the players that win Super Bowls and build dynasties, not Coaches.

So please Jerry, please take this "problem" off our hands.

PLEASE.

Well that's confusing. I I see interconference, I immediately think of inside the same conference because that makes sense. Outside the conference obviously the NFC since we are AFC and it's not within our conference. But what do I know?

He’s right like for getting a CDL license if your 18 or have a medical condition you get a intrastate only license. Witch is only good for the state that issues it. And a interstate CDL is for 21 years old or above that pass a medical examination. And that will let you drive a semi in all lower 48 and Canada .

Thin

Think international.

Back
Top Bottom