New Cowboys Trade Proposal Emerges for All-Pro CB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Cowboys Trade Proposal Emerges for All-Pro CB

A 1st and a backup OT? I'm out.
Yes that’s horrible. Like that’s gonna replace this:

“ A 2016 second-round pick from Baylor, Howard has compiled 148 solo tackles, 55 passes defended and 22 interceptions across 55 career starts to this point. The two-time Pro Bowler led the NFL in INTs in 2018 (7) and 2020 (10), and in pass breakups (20) in 2020, earning first-team All-Pro honors.”

That's beyond outrageous! I would welcome it for sure, but there's no freaking way you're going to get a 1, a 2 and Micah Parsons for Xavien and his contract demands.

Dallas is too cheap to pay secondary players.

Also, I can't see them trading their first when Stephen Jones bluntly said during the draft they needed all the draft picks they had in order to field a competitive team with cheap players(paraphrasing).

Trading a 1st and then handing out the richest contract for a corner seems to contradict that.

They have a QB on a new huge deal, a RB and a WR on newer big deals.

Cowboys know how to restructure to play with cap space but I can't see this deal ever coming to fruition until maybe the season a la Amari Cooper trade .

Dallas is a team that will throw the rooks to the fire and overcook them if need be instead of getting competent vets during the FA period.

As for McGovern, he looked fine in limited play last year as the offensive line was decimated by injury and he filled in for Martin at RG.

But, I wouldn't say he's a clear cut upgrade over Hunt, Kindley or Skura in the interior. He does over position flex but hasn't had a lot of playing time to show he actually belongs.

Washington is known to pay premium for players but Jones might just do it.

It’s weird that there are two different Connor McGoverns in the NFL and they are both offensive linemen. Bizarre. That’s more nuts than when we had Jordan Cameron and Cameron Jordan in the league at the same time.

It’s weird that there are two different Connor McGoverns in the NFL and they are both offensive linemen. Bizarre. That’s more nuts than when we had Jordan Cameron and Cameron Jordan in the league at the same time.
I think there's a rule that if you have such a classically Scottish name, you have to be a lineman.

A mid-range #1 and a potential starting Guard... that wouldn't be bad trade.

I know this is only a hypothetical trade, but McGovern was fairly well regarded by the draft touts and now has some starting experience at two positions. Eluemunor would immediately be out of the picture... or possibly Deiter, as McGovern was regarded as a possible Center.
Of course I'd rather have X. Howard, but if Miami is forced into a corner that's not the worst deal.

If a trade is made, hopefully Iggy is ready to step into a starting role. Miami may ask for a mid-level corner in any potential deal.

If we did move him I really hope Miami considers adding a veteran like Richard Sherman.

Back
Top Bottom