New head coach candidates | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New head coach candidates

I almost forgot about Doug.... He'd actually be my top choice.
Who are talking about? I said ex-Dolphins OC in reference to Brian Daboll.

Not sure he’d be my top choice, but should be an interview candidate, for sure.

Unless they go 5-12 or 6-11, Ross will likely stick with the Grier-Flores duo for at least one more year. They will sell him that rebuilds take time and three years isn’t enough time to judge a rebuild. Whether he will buy it or not will be completely how the team performs over the next 12 games. If they go at least 8-4 the rest of the season, Ross will buy in. Yet if they go 6-6 or worse over the next 12 games, I don’t think Ross will be satisfied with Grier and Flores.

Brian Daboll had the same job with the Dolphins once upon a time. It is the players that are the problem. Wrong quarterback, mediocre offensive line, etc. etc. etc.
Tua isn’t the problem. He would be a great QB on a team with a decent OL and a HC and OC who actually knew how to build a team around his skill set. Unfortunately for him, he 2as drafted by a team that has none of those things,

He will likely end up going to a team like the Saints and become a HOF QB.

Armando Salguero says Ross is extremely pissed but won’t make a change during the season. All bets are off once the season ends.
I have zero confidence in Ross doing anything. He has always done things half way. He needs to clean house from the GM to the water boy. Find a top flite GM and let them hire their own coach.

Back
Top Bottom