New nickname for defense | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New nickname for defense

why dont we just get to the point. "THE DOOMSDAY DEFENSE".

Originally posted by burghPhinFan
here's a modification to one of yours XoPhinsoX

Seau and the Seamonsters

of course a take off on the sid crofts' classic, Sigmund and the Seamonsters

How the hell are you going to bring in JR and automatically name the defense after him. If anything it is Jason's or Zach's.

I'm more of a traditionalist of sorts. Lets look at the past defense's that Miami has had.

1. The No Name Defense
2. The Killer Bee's

I say we name this years something like
"The Swarm"
-or-
"The Triangle" (cause I see a lot of WR's and RB's getting lost in our defense)

Not sure if its been said yet, but it does fit into the flow of the past to the present.

How the hell are you going to bring in JR and automatically name the defense after him. If anything it is Jason's or Zach's.

that's the big drawback, xo came up with seamonsters, the best name that flows in there is Seau. It sounds the most like the TV show name. Zach and the... or Jason and the... doesn't work. Well, maybe Surtain and the seamonsters. If it comes to that, I still like Jason and the Aquanauts.;) These are just for fun anyway!

Originally posted by inFINSible
You already said that we have NO CHANCE as long as Wanny is the coach, so where does this hope come from?

Com'on now. Don't ya get it?

Hope that he will be gone after this season !! Sheeeesh !!

Geez, even the Jets had hope during the Kotite years!!

you'd rather wannstedt get fired than prove you wrong? that's a different kind of hope. i for one think last year's team was one of the most exciting dolphin teams in recent memory. yeah, they didn't make the playoffs, but it was entertaining, and that's pretty much what football is for...

Originally posted by DPlus47
you'd rather wannstedt get fired than prove you wrong? that's a different kind of hope. i for one think last year's team was one of the most exciting dolphin teams in recent memory. yeah, they didn't make the playoffs, but it was entertaining, and that's pretty much what football is for...

Uhhhh, which direction is this team heading under Wannstedt?

Now please be realistic with your answer!

You know what....if you love the Dolphins so much, I hope you're right.

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Com'on now. Don't ya get it?

Hope that he will be gone after this season !! Sheeeesh !!

Geez, even the Jets had hope during the Kotite years!!

That is just sad.

infins, you don't have a relative in the l.a. area do you? a lot of us fin fans go to a dolphins bar up here, and there are a few who took up "that's just sad" as the team slogan when things went wrong. it's funny to see it written down like that.

as for which direction the team is heading under wannstedt, i can honestly say that the team is getting more exciting each year. the records have been worse, but i for one was thinking that last year the phins would have a better team with a worse record. the schedule was tough. not an excuse, it just was. this year isn't as bad. better team, better record. the players on the field are getting better: the offense is more diverse and less predictable, they had the NFL's leading rusher, and the D (particularly taylor) looked pretty good. i'm not naive, i know they crashed pretty hard last year, but it was more fun to watch that team than many of the previous teams. i'm even more psyched about this year. now if they miss the playoffs again, we all know what will happen. am i gonna wish for that? not for anything. i get enough aggravation from the rest of the world. football is supposed to be an escape from all that.

:o....sorry Dplus47....never saw this...but no....none that know of....although there is a long lost uncle named Richard who lives somewhere in Cali.

Originally posted by DeDolfan
Darest we resurrect this thread ??? :escape:

the Rocket booster Defense.....They start out strong, with a bang, and then they fall off at the end.

Back
Top Bottom