New OC Chan Gailey system is a perfect fit - For Josh Rosen | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New OC Chan Gailey system is a perfect fit - For Josh Rosen

Dunno about star...but I think he can be the QB of the team.

Flores made a mistake taking him out of the lineup earlier, but it's his mistake to live with.
I'm not so sure it was a mistake. Maybe in terms of what some consider "meaningless wins", bit perhaps not, in terms of Rosen's development.

I'm not so sure it was a mistake. Maybe in terms of what some consider "meaningless wins", bit perhaps not, in terms of Rosen's development.
Debatable...

Fitzpatrick was replaced because the oline was God-awful. Rosen stepped into that same God-awfulness that got Fitzpatrick replaced.

As much as I criticize them, eventually the oline improved (they could ONLY go up) when Fitzpatrick replaced Rosen. That same improvement could have been with Rosen.

Time will tell if we were good at developing Rosen.

Debatable...

Fitzpatrick was replaced because the oline was God-awful. Rosen stepped into that same God-awfulness that got Fitzpatrick replaced.

As much as I criticize them, eventually the oline improved (they could ONLY go up) when Fitzpatrick replaced Rosen. That same improvement could have been with Rosen.

I believe that Flo realized that Fitz was better equipped to survive, from an experience and reads standpoint.

The line most likely would have have improved with JR as well. The question is, would he ended up broken, like a "hand shy" dog?

Debatable...

The line didn't improve when Fitzpatrick went in. The QB play did.

As I was doing my research trying to find as much out about Gailey and the Rosen situation one thought did come to me that perhaps O'Shea was released because Flores was unhappy with his development of Josh Rosen and he felt the system wasn't the right fit for him.
Or that outside of Fitz making it happen, we couldn't run the ball.

I believe that Flo realized that Fitz was better equipped to survive, from an experience and reads standpoint.

The line most likely would have have improved with JR as well. The question is, would he ended up broken, like a "hand shy" dog?
He survived the Cards he would have survived here.

What was the difference in Fitzpatrick pre- benching to post-benching?

Actually, OL play improved. Kilgore went from bottom 3rd to top 3rd.
OGs stayed in the cellar
OTs moved from bottom 3rd to middle third.
RFs stats were very close to Rosen's through the 1st few games
This is all I'm saying....

Pass pro improved quite a bit the second half of the season. Those first 6 games, it was a jail break every passing down.

You hate Rosen. I get it, but if you couldn't see the obvious improvement, I don't know what to say, other than you are ignoring the reality to fit some agenda.

Did Fitz have better command of the offensive system, and ability to read defensed better? Absolutely, but the line did play better later in the year.

Debatable...

Fitzpatrick got benched because we were getting worked by what was at the time the best defense in the league after getting worked by the 2nd best defense in the league and looked like crap as it happened. Rosen proceeded to come in and look like crap against much worse opponents.

Our line improved yes, but Fitzpatrick has a head and shoulders better feel for escaping pressure and using the middle of the field as running room. He made it work. To say that Rosen would've improved along with the minimal line improvement is a reach because he hasn't really looked good at any point in his career for more than a half of football.

For now, his development shouldn't involve playing on Sundays. Maybe next year, we'll see.

To what end?
Any plans for Fitzpatrick for 2020, insert Rosen's name...

If we draft a QB and have them sit. Rosen does well and improves his trade value. In comes our draft pick and a 3rd/4th/5th round pick for Rosen.

Back
Top Bottom