NFL exec: Tua Tagovailoa won't hold up behind Dolphins offensive line | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL exec: Tua Tagovailoa won't hold up behind Dolphins offensive line

2021 Champs- Tampa Bay PFF Oline ranking... 5th

2022 Champs- Rams PFF Oline ranking.... 7th

2023 Champs- Chiefs PFF Oline ranking.... 4th

Dolphins Oline ranking last season.... 23rd

YOU CAN NOT WIN A SUPERBOWL WITH AN OLINE THIS BAD!!!!
OL is fine, just need a few fatties out there and we got that. Relax Francis.

There are many ways to win the Super Bowl, not just one. The 2022 Rams won—right or wrong—by “playing Madden”. So did 2021 Tampa Bay.

The PFF stats you’re citing was the SB winning team’s performance during their championship year, no?
And how can you rule-out Miami’s chances to significantly improve this year when it’s OL hasn’t even played yet? If you’re simply projecting one year to the next, you’re missing a lot of pertinent variables.

I have yet read a FH poster that believes the OL is perfectly set. More work is required. But sensationalizing that the line is a shambles and an embarrassment, is nonsense.

Last edited:
Becuase our Oline wasn't directly responsible for Tua getting hurt last year doesnt mean it won't get Tua hurt this year.

Should we recite all of Tuas injurys again? The guy is as fragile as that Lamp from a Christmas Story.

Good Morning Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
They didn’t cause the injuries last year but they might this year? That’s your argument?

Tua's major head injuries were on Tua. His first "head injury" was on cheap shot artist Matt Milano. His rib injury against Buffalo was on Jesse Davis who didn't even bother to try to block A.J. Epenesa. That is long gone.

Watch the Buffalo playoff game. Skylar Thompson has minutes to throw the ball. I'm not worried about the offensive line especially in a quick strike offense like McDaniels'.

for example Mohomes and herbert got hurt also last yr as well.. it up too Tua. QB get hit in NFL..
No, you can't play that card.

We knew, everyone f***ing knew Tua was injury prone. So it was our responsibility to ensure we provided him with extra support and protection that he clearly was going to need at this level. Above and beyond the normal QB. Tua needed a fantastic oline becuase he was so injury prone.

And we've trotted out Oline after Oline ranked at or near the bottom of the NFL every year.

It's not on Tua, it was known before he was drafted he was fragile. It was Griers responsibility to do everything in his power to build a great oline and give Tua every opportunity to make it through a season healthy.

When Tua gets crushed next season we can't blame him, it's on Grier for not putting the required pieces around him. And I've never, EVER made excuses for Tua, but next year I'm putting 100% of the blame at Griers feet. Hes had 4 years to fix this BS and he hasn't.

There are many ways to win the Super Bowl, not just one. The 2022 Rams won—right or wrong—by “playing Madden”. So did 2021 Tampa Bay.

And how can you rule-out Miami’s chances to significantly improve this year when it’s OL hasn’t even played? If your simply projecting one year to the next, you’re missing a lot of pertinent variables.

The PFF stats you’re citing was the SB winning team’s performance during their championship year, no?

I have yet read a FH post that believes the OL is set. More work is required.
Yes stats were pulled from the reg season, the year they won the Superbowl.

And yes the Rams played "Madden" but they fixed their Oline while doing it. We have not. And excuse me for being less then optimistic were going to find guys off the scrap heap to fix this so late into the offseason.

Yes stats were pulled from the reg season, the year they won the Superbowl.

And yes the Rams played "Madden" but they fixed their Oline while doing it. We have not. And excuse me for being less then optimistic were going to find guys off the scrap heap to fix this so late into the offseason.
The late season “scrap heap“ has a swing tackle (C. Fleming) who posted PFF 72.6 last year at RT. Rumors have been swirling the only reason he’s not yet signed with Miami is the contract would exceed current cap space, so waiting until post-June 1st.

You know this already though.

Last edited:
Giants beat the patriots twice with defense, also Broncos with defense

We knew, everyone f***ing knew Tua was injury prone. So it was our responsibility to ensure we provided him with extra support and protection that he clearly was going to need at this level. Above and beyond the normal QB. Tua needed a fantastic oline becuase he was so injury prone.

And we've trotted out Oline after Oline ranked at or near the bottom of the NFL every year.

It's not on Tua, it was known before he was drafted he was fragile. It was Griers responsibility to do everything in his power to build a great oline and give Tua every opportunity to make it through a season healthy.

When Tua gets crushed next season we can't blame him, it's on Grier for not putting the required pieces around him. And I've never, EVER made excuses for Tua, but next year I'm putting 100% of the blame at Griers feet. Hes had 4 years to fix this BS and he hasn't.
Tuas injuries were not Tuas fault? Am I reading that right? It was Grier's and the offensive line? The same one they broke the bank for Armstead for? Is that your wisdom for today? Doesn't really matter, how often you are wrong, Tua won't be hurt next year and you will still be here boldly sticking your neck out on some "reach" and be wrong again.

Becuase our Oline wasn't directly responsible for Tua getting hurt last year doesnt mean it won't get Tua hurt this year.

Should we recite all of Tuas injurys again? The guy is as fragile as that Lamp from a Christmas Story.

Good Morning Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Tua had an amazing O line at Bama and still got hurt, several times. Truth of the matter Is Tua is injury prone. In my opinion he cant stay at of harms way because hes trying to make a play instead of living to fight another day. He would get hurt behind ANY O line in the NFL with the way he has been playing. Even going back to college he puts himself in harms way so often. Still takes a team to win a super bowl and not a great wall of China O line.

It's chic to say the Phish don't have a plan for the OL, but they have bolstered every other unit. Go back and read that again, and think about what this coaching staff has done with the rest of the squad... To think that they don't think they have it covered is ludicrous. Oh and STFU TannenBum...

Tua had an amazing O line at Bama and still got hurt, several times. Truth of the matter Is Tua is injury prone. In my opinion he cant stay at of harms way because hes trying to make a play instead of living to fight another day. He would get hurt behind ANY O line in the NFL with the way he has been playing. Even going back to college he puts himself in harms way so often. Still takes a team to win a super bowl and not a great wall of China O line.
Waaaaaaaa. He's NFG... What a short sighted post. Look at how many QB's took all the snaps in the NFL, fool

I've been saying it since Chris Grier has been in the front office. It is the reason I have never had faith in Grier and don't believe it will ever change. He has given no indication that he views the unit as anything more tan a ancillary position. Maybe the new coaches will work magic, but it is hard to hold out any hope.

One, who cares what some unnamed NFL exec thinks? I mean, doesn’t that person have more important and pressing things to do with his own franchise?

Two, color me surprised you’d create a post with a link to an article that supports your agenda. It’s called confirmation bias. No links provided to unsolicited opinions that contradict.

it not playing that card it fact.. Anything can happen on football field.. Our oline will get better this yr..

Back
Top Bottom