NFL exec: Tua Tagovailoa won't hold up behind Dolphins offensive line | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL exec: Tua Tagovailoa won't hold up behind Dolphins offensive line

I think the criticism of the line is overblown but I’d like to see us get a swing tackle since Armstead has a well documented history of getting banged up and Austin Jax is both unproven and coming off injury. Kendall Lamm might be an option and Hunt is always shiftable to tackle but, at the end of the day, you need another one to feel good. Guard is less scary because Robert Jones is adequate as a backup and competition for Eichy. Huge years for Jax and Eichy for their careers. IMO. Cameron Fleming seems so obvious of a solution.

It’s pretty wild that people think our OL was the reason Tua only took 21 sacks last year. We must have been watching different games because I saw a QB who was consistently pressured on most drop backs. Fun fact; the Dolphins were the only team in the NFL that allowed a QB pressure on 100% of the plays considered a blitz last year (we were 86/86 with Tua under center). We were also one of the least blitzed teams in the NFL because teams consistently got pressure with their front 3 or 4. The only reason the sack number wasn’t sky high was the fact he was getting through reads and releasing the ball in 2.3 seconds. Our OL has been a bottom tier unit since the Jonathan Martin bullying scandal blew it up in 2014. The second Armstead missed time, the unit regressed to the dumpster fire it was under Flores.

Tuas injuries were not Tuas fault? Am I reading that right? It was Grier's and the offensive line? The same one they broke the bank for Armstead for? Is that your wisdom for today? Doesn't really matter, how often you are wrong, Tua won't be hurt next year and you will still be here boldly sticking your neck out on some "reach" and be wrong again.
Yea you read it wrong. I said next season when Tua gets hurt bc Liam or Jackson misses a block, it'll be Griers fault. I never took blame off Tua for last season.

Buffalo was a late hit by scum bag Milano. Thats not on Tua.
It wasn't on anyone really. Wasn't the OL, wasn't Tua, hell wasn't even really Milano, he basically shoved him. It was more Tua not falling correctly. It seems like everytime he falls his head snaps back like it's a car accident. He doesn't fix that it's career over.

Feel free to show me the replay of said Dlineman getting through the protection in under ~2.5 seconds.

I'll wait.
Feel free to show me in the last decade plus a year the OL was not the biggest issue on this team. A break down in protection is still an OL issue, incase you didn't know and need to educate yourself. Tua's injuries and the struggles that this team has had for over a decade is most attributed to the OL play or lack there of. If you can't see or admit that, you are delusional.

When judging the Oline you don’t calculate when the hit actually came, it might if come 5 seconds after the snap, the point is if you’re gonna calculate correctly you have to discern why and and what time to he have to leave the pocket based on protection breakdown.

I think the roster is easy to compete but he needs to bring in comp for Austin.

The real answer is responsibility is on Tua, the OLine, Grier and even McD.
Tua does hold the ball too long and tries to make something out of nothing at times.
Our OLine has been a weakness for the last decade+
Grier has had mixed results in drafting OL
McD didnt run the ball enough and liked a downfield passing strategy.

As much as many of you want it, this issue is not simple and is complex in how to best solve it.

Our ol ranked 22nd last year. Not good enough for super bowl run. They improved without eich or jackson in the lineup. Year before with eich and jacjson playing whole year they were 32nd

Why?
Why did I do it?
Why did I click on this only to read nonsense from an “unnamed source” and to be hit with its all Griers /HC/Tua/ etc etc fault.
Here’s a quote from another “unnamed source”
Grier does not single handedly recruit players he is a part of any recruitment or lack thereof.
Irrespective of who the QB is he will always get hit at some point. Injuries happen, it’s a violent contact sport (until RG makes it flag football)
Good coaching and better players will improve the O line and other facets of the game

You’ll read that as an Omar exclusive by Monday

Back
Top Bottom