NFL exec: Tua Tagovailoa won't hold up behind Dolphins offensive line | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL exec: Tua Tagovailoa won't hold up behind Dolphins offensive line

Mods dont like us doing that. Probably some sort of copyright issues.

I don't see the issue with it as long as the link is provided. But if that's what the mods want, I won't argue.

I don't see the issue with it as long as the link is provided. But if that's what the mods want, I won't argue.
You can post excerpts, but not the whole thing. That is my understanding anyway. Maybe one of our Orange forum bosses can elaborate for us!

Did anybody actually read this clickbait? I just ignore it.

Also, if you're going to post a link, why not just copy and paste the article along with it?
The ppl who write the article may not only frown on that, they may take the site to court for damages.

Technically, unless there have been recent legal changes, you have to limit copy and paste to 50%, and provide the link.

Obviously, it usually doesn't result in lawsuits but I believe that is the rule.

You mean when a DLineman got through the protection and slammed Tua's head on the turf, it was not a protection breakdown? Good luck with that line of thought.
He was holding onto the ball trying to make something happen. The OL isn't going to hold their blocks permanently.

Wake me when we have a new QB. Talking Tua is like talking politics these days. There are only two sides and they do not listen to each other.

Season 9 Goodbye GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm
Bye Bye Peace GIF by Cappa Video Productions

Remember the anonymous defenseman that said Tua's wasting his career?

Overall i think the line is ok and seemed to be improving at the end of last year, but the fact the blindside protection plan is Austin Jackson for the second season in a row really is a head scratcher.

Hopefully he proves us all wrong.

Tua is going to continue to get this type of talk until he does actually hold up.

Understood, and I get that.

But at the same time, when the O line is ranked 23rd or worse every year the last 10 + years. While also allowing Teddy and Skylar to get hurt or knocked out of games..

It should be expected that there will be conversations or worries over the O line.

Understood, and I get that.

But at the same time, when the O line is ranked 23rd or worse every year the last 10 + years. While also allowing Teddy and Skylar to get hurt or knocked out of games..

It should be expected that there will be conversations or worries over the O line.
I think the o-line is very bad, and should have been addressed. However, that's not really why Tua can't stay on the field. Tua is actually hit very seldom when compared to the rest of the league because his release is so quick.

For example, you brought up Skylar. Skylar was hit the same amount of times as Tua despite having 1/4 of pass attempts.

I think the o-line is very bad, and should have been addressed. However, that's not really why Tua can't stay on the field. Tua is actually hit very seldom when compared to the rest of the league because his release is so quick.

For example, you brought up Skylar. Skylar was hit the same amount of times as Tua despite having 1/4 of pass attempts.

That's kinda where im getting at

Tua made the line look alot better then it was. He covered alot of their issues.

We saw this when any other QB played. The line suddenly stunk.

I will agree, Tua absolutely needs to shed the injury bug. That's on him.

But whether the line was directly responsible or ot for his injuries last year is not a good reason to imply the lines ok. I know you aren't.

We can think both things. Tua got himself hurt and the O line is a hot mess lol.

However, I have always said this. I believe in Jackson. I do still think he'll be a solid Tackle.

If he is, then I worried for nothing.

We shall see

You mean when a DLineman got through the protection and slammed Tua's head on the turf, it was not a protection breakdown? Good luck with that line of thought.
Bro do you know what the average time is for a line to hold off defenders until they start breaking through? Yeah I got it, Tua was back there running around everywhere holding the ball but the line held on that play a good 5-6 seconds before they got close to him. I'm not defending our line but on that play they did their job

Back
Top Bottom