NFL exec: Tua Tagovailoa won't hold up behind Dolphins offensive line | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL exec: Tua Tagovailoa won't hold up behind Dolphins offensive line

Grier, just like the majority of our fanbase thinks the way to build a team is like playing Madden. Trade for old players with bloated ratings and you'll win.

It's not how you win in this league, you win in the trenches and with great QB play.

Mahomes had a mediocre defense, a **** wide recieving core, one legit weapon in Kelcie and a very good oline. Even their kicker was bad. But a great oline, one good weapon and a great QB got them a ring.

It's no use even talking about it anymore I've been saying the same **** as this exec for months and no one will listen.

Hopefully he's wrong and I'm wrong and the way to build a roster changes overnight and oline play becomes irrelevant.

Suck It Schitts Creek GIF by CBC
I mean, we all know Tua has injury issues. But in this thread it's about the line and them being the reason he got hurt last year. Both cases that statement is false. Specifically on this play, the line held. It is still a weakness though because we also all know that Armstead will not play all year. We will get about a half a year from him. So yes the o line still needs to be addressed. And hopefully Tua will stay healthy. I for one am not too confident he will but I'm hoping he will

I spoke to this anonymous NFL exec today and according to this anonymous NFL exec, Tua will hold up in 2023:

Feel free to show me in the last decade plus a year the OL was not the biggest issue on this team. A break down in protection is still an OL issue, incase you didn't know and need to educate yourself. Tua's injuries and the struggles that this team has had for over a decade is most attributed to the OL play or lack there of. If you can't see or admit that, you are delusional.
Strawman and deflection. Exactly what I expected.

And your answer is 2016 when Ajayi ran for 1,200 yards, made the Pro Bowl, we made the playoffs, and sackmaster Tannehill was only sacked 29 times.

Any other hyperbole you want to spew?

I think we all have concerns about Tua's durability, no one is denying that much. My biggest concern is on the plays were Tua got concussed, they didn't seem like they were all that violent. Watching football for 40 years, I've seen 100 more worse hits that didn't amount to anything at all, so that concerns me.

Tua made the line look alot better then it was. He covered alot of their issues.

We saw this when any other QB played. The line suddenly stunk.

I will agree, Tua absolutely needs to shed the injury bug. That's on him.

But whether the line was directly responsible or ot for his injuries last year is not a good reason to imply the lines ok. I know you aren't.

We can think both things. Tua got himself hurt and the O line is a hot mess lol.

I can agree that the o-line is still a huge problem, and that Tua's concussions weren't necessarily the fault of the line. However, IMO, I think there is something to the idea that Tua is fragile. It seems as if he gets knocked out of games on plays where other players (including QBs) just shake it off and keep playing. And, once in the concussion protocol, it certainly seemed (although I could be wrong) that Tua took longer to get back on the field than other concussed players. A part of this could be that Tua was made the League's Poster Boy for concussions, and the added media attention might have forced the powers-that-be to keep him off the field longer than necessary. While that is very possible because public optics of the situation and political correctness, etc. govern too much of our lives, it's also very possible that Tua's head is not sufficiently suited for the rigors of a physically tough sport, and a minor head-ringing concussion for one player is a major concussion for Tua.

C'mon man!!! Do you really believe this was b/c of the OL?
BadGleefulAmethystinepython-max-1mb.gif
Let me ask you this then since you seem to be missing it...

If it is because of Tua that he is the least sacked, then exactly HOW important is it to have All-Pros at every position on the offensive line like this board apparently wants?

Tua was never taught to throw away the ball. It’s his upbringing. Galu is a big part of that issue and problem.

If Tua can be convinced that throwing away the ball is advantageous at times, he will avoid in the future the kinds of injuries he has sustained in the past.

Let’s hope he has made and embraced that mental leap, and that this mentality re throwing away the ball from time to time will show itself this year.

HOW important is it to have All-Pros at every position on the offensive line like this board apparently wants?
Extremely is the obvious answer. Just b/c he doesn't get sacked like how you said, doesn't mean the OL doesn't need to improve. Tua's fast release hides a lot of the OL issues. When the WR's don't get open on every play then Tua has to hold the ball longer, thus his sack rate goes up and his injuries.

Extremely is the obvious answer. Just b/c he doesn't get sacked like how you said, doesn't mean the OL doesn't need to improve. Tua's fast release hides a lot of the OL issues. When the WR's don't get open on every play then Tua has to hold the ball longer, thus his sack rate goes up and his injuries.
I agree in part.

I do not agree that we need All Pros at all 5 Oline spots, we DO need better oline play though. Coaching is a big part of that, as well as improving the weakest link.

Agree with the rest though.

Side note: Our oline cant run block either. So anyone claiming the oline is fine is high.

Let me ask you this then since you seem to be missing it...

If it is because of Tua that he is the least sacked, then exactly HOW important is it to have All-Pros at every position on the offensive line like this board apparently wants?

Great position and point.

I don't want nor expect 5 all pros. I would settle for average.

As it is Eichenberg didn't even rate as a starter. He actually didn't even rank in the top half of backups that qualified for ranking.

Jackson? I have hope. Well know, if he can stay healthy.

But Tua can only cover so much with his quick release. There were a decent amount of the playbook that was PA or long developing.

We need a line that could atleast be average on those plays, when Tuas quick reads or quick release isn't in use per se.

The o line is the one unit where you are only as good as your weakest link
There's no backup when Jackson or Eichenberg whiff on a block.
I get it, we have RBS and a FB, but they are not always back there.

If Phillips overpursues Allen, Baker and Long are there. If they miss, Howard and Kahou may be there, after them there's Holland and Jones.

So I would settle for average with RT and LG. Right now, it's significantly below average IMO.

I've been saying it since Chris Grier has been in the front office. It is the reason I have never had faith in Grier and don't believe it will ever change. He has given no indication that he views the unit as anything more tan a ancillary position. Maybe the new coaches will work magic, but it is hard to hold out any hope.

Damn, can we get off this already? Tua is a QB and is gonna get hit and no defender is gonna care about his concussions. His pressure last season was not bad and will be as good or better this year. IF he has a problem with this, he should retire. Enough of beating the dead horse.

The ppl who write the article may not only frown on that, they may take the site to court for damages.

Technically, unless there have been recent legal changes, you have to limit copy and paste to 50%, and provide the link.

Obviously, it usually doesn't result in lawsuits but I believe that is the rule.

The More You Know Fun GIF by megan motown

Back
Top Bottom