NFL exec: Tua Tagovailoa won't hold up behind Dolphins offensive line | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL exec: Tua Tagovailoa won't hold up behind Dolphins offensive line

I call major BS. First off we’ve expended a massive amount of draft capital and FA dollars into the oline. Second Tua wasn’t injured because our oline broke down. You are pushing a very stale narrative that’s been destroyed here numerous times. Chris Grier has assembled one of the best rosters in the NFL, maybe the best. If anyone has hurt this franchise it’s poor coaching and a moron owner who is clueless about hiring NFL coaching talent. Take this BS somewhere else where there’s less educated fans.
I’ll just add to this that people keep harping on “Grier this” and “Grier that”’ just like people who complain about “the government” without acknowledging that this isn’t a sole-source effort. That front office has some really experienced executives like McKenzie and Allen and a head coach that would surely pipe up large if he had major Oline concerns. They don’t play a game for four months so let’s see things play out.

Extremely is the obvious answer. Just b/c he doesn't get sacked like how you said, doesn't mean the OL doesn't need to improve. Tua's fast release hides a lot of the OL issues. When the WR's don't get open on every play then Tua has to hold the ball longer, thus his sack rate goes up and his injuries.
The oline isn’t like baseball where you can plug and play a bunch of All Stars and play at a high level. Great Oline play is based upon reps, chemistry and coaching. Flo moved people around way too much and had probably the worst coaching staff in the NFL. His main oline coach is now a lower level coach on the MD.

I call major BS. First off we’ve expended a massive amount of draft capital and FA dollars into the oline. Second Tua wasn’t injured because our oline broke down. You are pushing a very stale narrative that’s been destroyed here numerous times. Chris Grier has assembled one of the best rosters in the NFL, maybe the best. If anyone has hurt this franchise it’s poor coaching and a moron owner who is clueless about hiring NFL coaching talent. Take this BS somewhere else where there’s less educated fans.

LMAO. This is lunacy. This team hasn't won a playoff game in how long? With all due respect GTFOH with that BS. Don't belittle @DKphin's opinion because the homers on this site always side with the team. They always have and always will. This team's oline is one LT injury away from being bottom 3 in the league. Tua's quick release and McDaniel's scheme have hidden our deficiencies at the oline.

DK is also an OG on this site. Show some respect you young buck.

LMAO. This is lunacy. This team hasn't won a playoff game in how long? With all due respect GTFOH with that BS. Don't belittle @DKphin's opinion because the homers on this site always side with the team. They always have and always will. This team's oline is one LT injury away from being bottom 3 in the league. Tua's quick release and McDaniel's scheme have hidden our deficiencies at the oline.

DK is also an OG on this site. Show some respect you young buck.

That bold part is the truth. Our oline us not “serviceable” like some here claim. It’s dreadful as skylar and Teddy revealed. Tua, as you said, hid the deficiencies. He was pressured and hurried if he didn’t get rid of the ball in under 2.3 seconds.

Just because on the oline wasn’t directly and solely responsible on the 3 plays where Tua was injure doesn’t mean they’re without blame. They are a crap shoot because anytime Tua holds the ball for over 2.3 seconds he’s at risk. The pressure is coming even if it’s with 3 or 4 rushers.

The tape is out there as well as several analytics. They all scream that Eich and Jackson are replacement level. The fact that we brought in a journeyman in Feeney and a 7th rounder as our competition is gross negligence. Couple that with a dreadful oline coach hire and this could seriously implode.

The roster IS the most talented we’ve had in quite some time. However it’s a ticking time bomb due to the complete and unwarranted gamble in the trenches. All the Ramsey and David Longs in the world aren’t going to matter if Tua has to go to his third read and Eich and Jackson (or worse because they’re hurt again) are in front of him.

Last edited:
The OL is fine as long as Tua is starting games, and if Tua misses any kind of significant time again, it wont matter any way...
Hope you’re right. If Tua keeps getting the ball out of his hands quick, it should hopefully mitigate against the weak spots on the line.

Agree.

Hope you’re right. If Tua keeps getting the ball out of his hands quick, it should hopefully mitigate against the weak spots on the line.
Time to throw

2020-7th
2021-3rd
2022-6th --- 3rd in average air distance.

Its just not a concern for me...

Another shot at Tua.

Let's face it, the media loves to hate the Fins. They hated us before Tua was even born. He is just the newest excuse.

Id prefer it if they kept our names out of their ****ing mouths. Go report on how great the Jets and Bills are.
Are you going to Will Smith them?

Tua had an amazing O line at Bama and still got hurt, several times. Truth of the matter Is Tua is injury prone. In my opinion he cant stay at of harms way because hes trying to make a play instead of living to fight another day. He would get hurt behind ANY O line in the NFL with the way he has been playing. Even going back to college he puts himself in harms way so often. Still takes a team to win a super bowl and not a great wall of China O line.
Agree. I think when there's green pasture in front of him, he needs to take those free yards, instead of looking for the big play via the pass. And get down, don't try to run over a LB or DB.

As you said, live for another down.

Beware of anonymous sources. Usually it means a made up character, created by the author. Someone to espouse your narrative. A fictitious person.
This is true. "Anonymous sources" are how today's reporters lie their asses off with no fear of anyone calling them on it.

Time to throw

2020-7th
2021-3rd
2022-6th --- 3rd in average air distance.

Its just not a concern for me...
Me neither. My biggest concerns, Defensive Coordinator, LB and CB, have been addressed bigly. The only other concern I have is a productive running game and we all know McD is committed to that. People need to chill. McD and Grier have done a phenomenal job and they know better than anyone here where the team is and what needs to be fixed. IMO if everyone stays healthy we have a top 2-3 lineup in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom