NFL exec: Tua Tagovailoa won't hold up behind Dolphins offensive line | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL exec: Tua Tagovailoa won't hold up behind Dolphins offensive line

Me neither. My biggest concerns, Defensive Coordinator, LB and CB, have been addressed bigly. The only other concern I have is a productive running game and we all know McD is committed to that. People need to chill. McD and Grier have done a phenomenal job and they know better than anyone here where the team is and what needs to be fixed. IMO if everyone stays healthy we have a top 2-3 lineup in the NFL.
You need to chill if someone has a different concern than you about the team..Gm’s don’t always know best.

I feel really good about the overall team,especially from a matchup standpoint, I don’t see any offense out there that our defense can’t match up with.

You need to chill if someone has a different concern than you about the team..Gm’s don’t always know best.

I feel really good about the overall team,especially from a matchup standpoint, I don’t see any offense out there that our defense can’t match up with.
Sorry dude but you’re not my parent. GMs certainly know more than any anonymous message board poster. I’m tired of all the Grier hate because it’s not based in reality. Despite what the Eeyores say, Grier has built a top 5 NFL lineup and improved the coaching staff exponentially. He and McD have built an amazing chemistry together and we will see the fruits this year. I will not stop defending our front office.

Sorry dude but you’re not my parent. GMs certainly know more than any anonymous message board poster. I’m tired of all the Grier hate because it’s not based in reality. Despite what the Eeyores say, Grier has built a top 5 NFL lineup and improved the coaching staff exponentially. He and McD have built an amazing chemistry together and we will see the fruits this year. I will not stop defending our front office.
I agree on Grier, relative to the size of the rebuild and when he first got full control of the gig overall he has his team ready to compete in year 5..

Once again I disagree with the premise of GMs know more than anyone because their Gm’s, but that’s just something I don’t believe fundamentally.

He also deserves credit for our star head coach..

He’s in a good place, I dont believe this team is just some all in this year type team.

We have great and very good young players all over the place.

From the article, “Their Achilles heel is their offensive line is very limited, and because of it, whoever is standing back there gets hit, and this particular quarterback is not going to hold up.”

Considering Teddy and Skylar also got hurt, I think it’s fair to call the OL the teams achilles heel.
Yeah I mean, no one is a cyborg back there. If you let your qb get hit a lot they will get hurt no matter who they are

Milano is their version our Kiko Alonso

Wish Kiko had hit Josh Allen on that last drive in Buffalo, instead of Elandon Roberts who graciously tried to keep Allen from falling.

What a shame Allen wasn't left bloodied instead so the 15 yard penalty would've been justified.

I certainly wouldn't play fair against Buffalo at this point. If your unsure, err on the side of making the penalty worth it, especially if its early in the game.

This UDFA Aubrey Miller might be the right kind of player for me.

I agree on Grier, relative to the size of the rebuild and when he first got full control of the gig overall he has his team ready to compete in year 5..

Once again I disagree with the premise of GMs know more than anyone because their Gm’s, but that’s just something I don’t believe fundamentally.

He also deserves credit for our star head coach..

He’s in a good place, I dont believe this team is just some all in this year type team.

We have great and very good young players all over the place.
There is no poster on this forum that I trust more than Grier, McD and our scouts.

Fun fact: Tua didn't get hurt last year at any point because of the offensive line.

Yawn.
I am not trying to be contrary to your opinion. I’m sure you subscribe to the pay services, watch tape, etc. and are correct. I don’t do those things, so I take it as fact. However, I think it is often difficult to separate out exact cause and affect. Maybe a play was called due to a weaker OL and that was the play on which he was hurt.
I think the only point I am trying to make is that it seems to me, an uneducated opinion, that the stronger offensive line the better the run game, pass game, and red zone will be.

I call major BS. First off we’ve expended a massive amount of draft capital and FA dollars into the oline. Second Tua wasn’t injured because our oline broke down. You are pushing a very stale narrative that’s been destroyed here numerous times. Chris Grier has assembled one of the best rosters in the NFL, maybe the best. If anyone has hurt this franchise it’s poor coaching and a moron owner who is clueless about hiring NFL coaching talent. Take this BS somewhere else where there’s less educated fans.
I would like to feel that our office of line is dramatically improved. However, just because a front office throws money and draft picks into an office of line does not mean that the offensive line therefore is automatically top tier.

I would like to feel that our office of line is dramatically improved. However, just because a front office throws money and draft picks into an office of line does not mean that the offensive line therefore is automatically top tier.
Coaching dude. Coaching.

IMO coaching is the biggest issue with our oline. Consider this. Flo’s oline coordinator is low a lower level assistant on this staff. McD just fired his college oline coach and hired a tenured NFL oline coordinator. Obviously he thinks the issue is coaching not talent.

I watched some video of Feeney for the first time this week. I thought he looked powerful and pretty athletic. I hope the Dolphins list him as the 1st string LG when they start off-season workouts.

I watched some video of Feeney for the first time this week. I thought he looked powerful and pretty athletic. I hope the Dolphins list him as the 1st string LG when they start off-season workouts.
I have to ask, why would you care where someone is listed on an off-season depth chart? I mean it's not like it's acquiring TA, or some other perennial pro bowl player.

Great position and point.

I don't want nor expect 5 all pros. I would settle for average.

As it is Eichenberg didn't even rate as a starter. He actually didn't even rank in the top half of backups that qualified for ranking.

Jackson? I have hope. Well know, if he can stay healthy.

But Tua can only cover so much with his quick release. There were a decent amount of the playbook that was PA or long developing.

We need a line that could atleast be average on those plays, when Tuas quick reads or quick release isn't in use per se.

The o line is the one unit where you are only as good as your weakest link
There's no backup when Jackson or Eichenberg whiff on a block.
I get it, we have RBS and a FB, but they are not always back there.

If Phillips overpursues Allen, Baker and Long are there. If they miss, Howard and Kahou may be there, after them there's Holland and Jones.

So I would settle for average with RT and LG. Right now, it's significantly below average IMO.
And I agree with you 100%. We need to upgrade LG and we may or may not need to upgrade RT depending on how they see Austin Jackson because they have FAR more data to suggest if he's good enough or not than we do because they had all the practices that we can't watch, and we couldn't really get any games.

But the thing that annoys me obviously is the idea that the Oline is what got Tua hurt last year and if we don't improve it that it will happen again. It's bullshit.

We need to upgrade the Oline to be a more consistent offense. That's it. And yes, we just need "average" since we are very much above average at 3 other positions on the line already, but you can find "average" in the 2nd wave of free agency after June 1st when we get money. Just get an ok solid veteran or two or even a young undrafted guy that turns out to be a Kohou. It's just mind-numbing to read the same "OMG FIRE GRIER" stuff over and over again because he didn't draft an offensive lineman and that must mean we can't possibly upgrade those two positions.

IMO coaching is the biggest issue with our oline. Consider this. Flo’s oline coordinator is low a lower level assistant on this staff. McD just fired his college oline coach and hired a tenured NFL oline coordinator. Obviously he thinks the issue is coaching not talent.
Nice to know.

Back
Top Bottom