NFL upholds Brady's suspension | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL upholds Brady's suspension

A 4 game suspension is very lenient IMHO. Brady is lucky he wasn't suspended for 8 games or even the entire season.

let's see: won 4 SuperBowls - been in 6.. a dozen AFCE titles... multiple MVPs... supermodel wife... superstar life...

suspended 4 games? headed to HOF.

he'll be aight!

...And all 4 of those SB now look very shaky... Brady is a very unhappy fellow today.

Scott Soshnick
‏@soshnick

BREAKING: @NFL asks federal court to confirm Tom Brady suspension. Complaint filed in Manhattan #sportsbiz #NFL #preemptivestrike
NFL preemptively taking the case to court before Brady can. The chess game continues.

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt
NFL has asked federal court in NY to confirm Brady suspension, per @soshnick. Preemptive strike to take it away from Minn. court.

In court, Brady will assert he had 10,000 sexting images of his wife Giselle that he didn't want Wells and Goodell jerking to...

Wow. What a joke this whole "deflategate" has been. A multi billion league that can't observe the air pressure of a football. Here's how this would have been handled in the German soccer league: you break the rules? You lose the game in which you broke the rules and you have to play your next game in front of an empty stadium. Case closed. This whole thing is embarrassing for the NFL.

Here is where I disagree with you Nick. Villma and his cohorts got their suspension reduced for Bountygate, because there wasn't any hard evidence that these guys got paid for trying to injure other players. In Brady's instance there are the deflated footballs that were taken out of the official's room and control, and the text messages, along with Brady's destroyed cell phone.

As Bill Polian said on ESPN, the NFL has a CBA which allows Goodell to suspend players for issues harming the game. It is clear by Brady's actions he was trying to cover something up. Judges usually don"t overrule issues this that are collectively bargained. Brady may appeal this in court, and they may vacate the suspension for a while, but I think he will miss four games some time this season.

Fair enough but didn't Vilma also not cooperate? You are saying the difference is that wasn't collectively bargained back then? Just looking at this objectively.

I think Brady is a pos and should have been suspended longer but public perception doesn't always play out in court

Per Rotoworld:

Bloomberg's Scott Soshnick reports the NFL has asked the U.S. District Court in Manhattan to "confirm" Tom Brady's four-game suspension.
In other words, they're suing Brady before he can sue them. Brady's 2014-15 decision to slightly under-inflate his footballs has resulted in an all-out war with the league. The SportsBusiness Journal's Daniel Kaplan speculates the league's suit is designed to get the matter out of judge David Doty's jurisdiction. Doty has often been a thorn in the NFL's side. Brady's case is looking a bit shaky amidst the revelation he intentionally destroyed his phone on the day of his meeting with investigator Ted Wells.

Tom Brady: "Oh No"

Me:

koolaid-large.jpg

Brady is lying. He tried to pressure Goodell with the threat of court and Goodell didn't flinch.
I have a feeling if Brady takes this to court, the NFL attorneys will subpoena his cell phone provider and the truth will be known.
He was cheating...and the coach and NFL probably knew it. Shiit storm galore.
Tom Brady will not risk HOF induction over 4 weeks pay. He doesn't even need the money.

I just got a weather alert on my phone saying severe rainstorms are headed to my area. I can only assume they were referring to Patriot fans tears.

He destroys his cell phone and they go after him for just 4 games and Brady is appealing that decision?

4 games is very very soft IMO for something like destroying a cell phone. If Brady is smart he'd run with a gift like that. If he goes after the NFL in a real court, he may not be so lucky.

This whole situation really is just lame ass high school drama at its finest. Brady is a little **** for refusing to comply w the investigation and refusing to admit any wrongdoing at all, and the NFL is a group of spiteful babies as they refused to reduce the suspension simply because Brady won't say I'm sorry.
Two games would've been fair, but **** Brady

This whole situation really is just lame ass high school drama at its finest. Brady is a little **** for refusing to comply w the investigation and refusing to admit any wrongdoing at all, and the NFL is a group of spiteful babies as they refused to reduce the suspension simply because Brady won't say I'm sorry.
Two games would've been fair, but **** Brady

The sense I get from all this is that's what was offered to him as a deal. When he told the league to get lost they dropped the hammer and then filed the motion in court. It was all planned out and that's why it took so long. It's a mess for all involved and since I despise the NFL and the Pats I'm laughing hysterically all the way.

Back
Top Bottom