Nick Saban Naming Dan Marino As One Of The Best Qbs He Has Ever Seen. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban Naming Dan Marino As One Of The Best Qbs He Has Ever Seen.

Dude I've been following Duke basketball since I was 5 years old I know how it works.

Even K has said many time success breeds success.

Carlos Boozer sent K tapes of his H.S film from Alaska (before K was hip to his game), when your a brand like Duke or Bama, that's the kind of stuff that happens.

No..those brands are not the same..how many chips has Duke won without coach K?
Bama has won a lot of chips without Nick.

Go Auburn.

And they are fixing to get their letter from the NCAA...Bruce Pearl?...FBI probe?...You picked a winner there.
Starting to see you like sleazy basketball coaches.

He's a top notch minor league coach, he was never suited to make it in the big league.

I think he didn't like the NFL. I don't think he wanted to be suited to make it there. A lot of people don't.

Go read Rishard Matthews comments a few days ago when he announced his retirement. Everybody in the NFL hates it. They all just do it for the money.

He's a top notch minor league coach, he was never suited to make it in the big league.

Tony Saprano,Cam Camaron(sp?),Joe Philbin,Adam Gase...think about that...BIG league coaches there...Wait..Maybe it's just the Dolphins.

Lovie Smith coached the Bears to the Superbowl and can't even win 5 games in the B1G. Harbaugh coached the 49ers to the superbowl and can't even beat a college coach like Urban Meyer.

It's not about whether you can coach or not in the NFL. There might be 2 coaches in the NFL that could come to Bama and not be fired within 3 years.

Tony Saprano,Cam Camaron(sp?),Joe Philbin,Adam Gase...think about that...BIG league coaches there...Wait..Maybe it's just the Dolphins.
Not sure what former Dolphins coaches have to do with him returning to the NFL. I'm sure there would be some dumb NFL team that would offer him the highest paid gig. Saban's ego is too big for another failure in the NFL.

Nick Saban is the Bill Bilichick of college football.

If Nick said he wanted to return to the NFL...90% of the teams would throw stupid money at him...You know that's the truth.

Not sure what former Dolphins coaches have to do with him returning to the NFL. I'm sure there would be some dumb NFL team that would offer him the highest paid gig. Saban's ego is too big for another failure in the NFL.

No it's not his ego, it's his age now. He's too old for that crap. Although I think he could be successful in the right organization. The right organizations are successful no matter who they bring in as head coach.

He just understands now that having success in the wrong organization has little to do with you, and everything to do with all the other hands involved in it.

Nobody succeeds in the Dolphins organization. Not Bill Parcells, or Saban or Jimmy Johnson....probably not even Vince Lombardi.

With the egos and drama in the NFL(when it comes to players) why would any HC want to come to the NFL when they have it made in college?

Great college coach. I read his book when he was a Dolphins coach. I respect the guy, even though it didn’t work out in Miami. That said, I root for Clemson and thoroughly enjoyed watching him lose.

No it's not his ego, it's his age now. He's too old for that crap. Although I think he could be successful in the right organization. The right organizations are successful no matter who they bring in as head coach.

He just understands now that having success in the wrong organization has little to do with you, and everything to do with all the other hands involved in it.

Nobody succeeds in the Dolphins organization. Not Bill Parcells, or Saban or Jimmy Johnson....probably not even Vince Lombardi.
Don Shula was a success for us though so it CAN be done.

Don Shula was a success for us though so it CAN be done.

Was a different time. Different organization under Joe Robbie. Different stadium. Dolphins even wore real uniforms back then.

Those days are long gone my friend.

Thanks OP for sharing the vid. I was interested to hear Saban's response on top QBs. He's one of the absolute best to ever coach the college game. I understand guys being upset with him for bailing on the Fins, especially after saying he wasn't going to, but I hold no ill will towards the guy. That Alabama gig likely wouldn't have waited for him. I wonder, if we all could see into the future, and you're looking at staying some place and where you will likely be mediocre because your style and mindset doesn't really fit, and you don't enjoy it, or you can see another path that you will enjoy and a place where you will become of one the greatest ever to do your job, which road you would take? Obviously Saban didn't know all that, but I think he saw where his heart really wanted to be and the chance might not come around again. I think he also realized he was better suited for the college game, and there sat Bama.

I thought it was garbage when he bailed, felt it was shady, etc. But time moves on. If he loved the gig and he was suited for the NFL world, I would have loved to Saban Fins vs Belichick Pats for years. But, it wasn't to be. I'm glad he is at Bama. It's good for college football.

Thoughts from a Husker fan.

Back
Top Bottom