No, its NOT Tua’s last chance | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No, its NOT Tua’s last chance

Off the top of my head Mostert and Sherfield are obvious ones as was Armstead b/c he came here specifically b/c of how well he fit the system. The Hill trade might not happen either as Hill talked about being used in more creative ways. McD has that rep, but Flores certainly doesn't. And he isn't a FA but it was well documented that X hated Flores. Up until Flores was fired I was expecting him to try and force a trade.
No one liked Flores at all

I don’t understand this armstead fits the system so well. He’s a known plus pass protector who moves well in space and can handle his own in the run game. His issues are health related and his recent trend with that side of things aren’t great.

That should translate to any system. David bahktiari as a left tackle only should translate in any offense. It’s just don’t miscast him.

I tend to believe it was other coaches that took over after his 7 game losing streak and Flores was on his way out then.

I don’t. That sounds good now sure but I don’t see where there’s been any indicators of that in season.

He disliked the qb well if you believe what Barry jackson has said Miami was ready to dump tua for a brady at least before mcd was hired. Even went above the gm which I wouldn’t blame anyone for but doesn’t read like a completely on the same page front office at least.

Kinda sounds like mcd was a fallback once the Sean Payton thing was off the table.

Either way mcds scheme needs to be elite or his personnel evals need to be. The gesicki tag is a strike one I know that much but at least they haven’t compounded it yet with a eye sore extension

Interesting point.

Was the problem Tua's injury or was it the problem the backup QB's performance?

Where does a starting QB's responsibility stop and the backup QB's responsibilities start?
What would have happened if our backup QB played more like Moore did for us?

See what I'm trying to get at?
Where should we draw the line on responsibility when a backup QB has to replace a starting QB?

I don't think one instance can be separated from the other however I'm confident that the Dolphins would have made the playoffs if Tua did not get injured.

— September 2021: Tagovailoa gets through his rookie season relatively scot-free, but in a Week 2 game vs. the Bills, the Dolphins QB is carted off after a rough hit. He would later be placed on IR with rib fractures.

I'm not blaming Tua for the injury or for missing the playoffs, that blame lies somewhere between Briskett and Grier with Tua being the catalyst. Review Briskett's game logs below and the link for Tua's injury history.

1657850289370.png

I don’t understand this armstead fits the system so well. He’s a known plus pass protector who moves well in space and can handle his own in the run game. His issues are health related and his recent trend with that side of things aren’t great.

That should translate to any system. David bahktiari as a left tackle only should translate in any offense. It’s just don’t miscast him.
The Dolphins under Flores prized maulers in the run game. That's not Armstead's game. I'm sure Miami would have still wanted him, but I doubt he'd have wanted to be here.

The Dolphins under Flores prized maulers in the run game. That's not Armstead's game. I'm sure Miami would have still wanted him, but I doubt he'd have wanted to be here.

Maulers where? At tackle? It’s been a pillow fight for years. Rpo offense or not

Guys miscast mostly

Maulers where? At tackle? It’s been a pillow fight for years. Rpo offense or not

Guys miscast mostly
Eichenberg is primarily a run blocker. That's what Flores was looking for at T. Diesch actually reminds me of Armstead. Similar strengths and weaknesses coming out. I doubt Miami drafts Diesch if Flores is still here.

Eichenberg is primarily a run blocker. That's what Flores was looking for at T. Diesch actually reminds me of Armstead. Similar strengths and weaknesses coming out. I doubt Miami drafts Diesch if Flores is still here.

I don’t know much about diesch but that’s a udfa or real late rounder. They aren’t counting on that. The only thing eich is is stiff and miscast as a tackle. Your saying mauler when these guys lack nfl tackle feet and foot speed

Robert hunts the only real “mauler” on the oline. But he’s more than that he’s not a poor mans Larry Allen yet but that’s more his potential. At least on college tape it was

It is interesting to note that Henrys stats greatly improved after Tannehill started as QB
He was good before Tannehill got there but was great after Tannehill started at QB. I presented this information a few years ago.

Go look it up if you do not believe me.
This is true even though Mariota is my #1 QB from Hawaii.

Off the top of my head Mostert and Sherfield are obvious ones as was Armstead b/c he came here specifically b/c of how well he fit the system. The Hill trade might not happen either as Hill talked about being used in more creative ways. McD has that rep, but Flores certainly doesn't. And he isn't a FA but it was well documented that X hated Flores. Up until Flores was fired I was expecting him to try and force a trade.

How did mcd in San Fran use anyone more creatively other than deebo Samuel once attrition kicked in at rb this last year? Don’t get me wrong I agree with mostert and Sheffield are here cause of mcd and probanly also San Fran gave up on them both going forward but outside of promoting deebo with his run thru contact as a ball carrier abilities which aren’t just rare they are one in the league probably for his size he did nothing.

And his offense ask of garrop was very simple. Maybe that was cause garrop showed him it needed to be I got sniffs that was the case on tape last year so probably was but he sure didn’t ever feature the qb as a driver

And of course he had kittle to drive his run and pass game. And I know damn well we can’t replicate that.

It’s possible mcd has been sitting on some things it’s also possible he’s been propped up by shannys system. I’m good with finding out I’m just no longer drinking offensive genius cool aid til proven.

Cause I ain’t your average Joe walk the plank type

Miami needs its own kittle. I can’t stress it enough. You want to score ass load of points assuming the qb can handle a not difficult ask read wise pre to post snap a kittle who is just as good in line as flexed or split gives Miami an absolute answer when teams situationally play to take away a waddle and hill.

It should be the number one priority skill wise going forward. Hell trade for him.

That skill set is the answer.

Your spending $11 mil for a non difference maker you can afford a kittle

Baby Gronk isn’t kittle but he’s got the frame and hes got good feet and he can win in short areas. He just is gonna run probably mid 4.7s but that’s an option.

If you don’t like what I believe is poor mans Jason whitten in hunter long. He’s just blocked by a theory of diminishing returns right now in gesicki. Which if mcd doesn’t see thru this year he sucks. Hunter long is crafty on college tape he’s just an average athlete which will limit the ceiling. He’s still a better option than wears coverage in his hip everywhere he goes and if not I go get it in next years draft.

Your welcome finheaven I just laid it out for ya some of y’all will know what I’m talking about and others never will. I’m used to it 😂

In my view IF Tua does not make a big improvement Miami will make a move. IF we surround him with talent we can win with him as a game manager. When have I heard that before? Could it be with Tanny for years? We did not draft a game manager at #5. How did Burrow do with an OL that sucked?

My problems with Tua are his inability to find his second read and looking lost, his repeating dumb mistakes like throwing into triple coverage and not being the leader of the team. Remember Gesicki having to move a player in place and Tua blank, Add in not knowing the play book as a rookie which he said after the season with a real OC in Gailey many blamed for not giving Tua more. lol

The above problems are not about surrounding talent and coaching but The Player.
Life Work GIF by Patrick Doyon

Back
Top Bottom