No, its NOT Tua’s last chance | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No, its NOT Tua’s last chance

Life Work GIF by Patrick Doyon
This is the same guy that thought Brisset was good

I’d take Tua over Herbert. I was just watching a clip of Get Up where these guys said Tua isn’t proven because he hasn’t led his team to the playoffs. In the same breath saying Herbert was a superstar. Not saying Herbert doesn’t have potential but what exactly has he done. I fully believe that Tua would have led the Chargers roster to at least the playoffs. He had our terrible situation on the edge of playoffs and we had no business being that close honestly. Winning matters more than stats! What exactly has Herbert won?

Tyreek really needs to stop doing his podcast. I'm not sure why he's doing it. Stuff like this will come out on the regular and be a distraction to everyone involved.

The less you give the media the better. Flores take on the media was the right one.
I've listened to 3 of them. The 1st one, Tua and Waddle episodes.

The podcast really makes him seem like a diva and supremely arrogant. Confidence is a good thing but when it comes across like arrogance, that's not good.

Tyreek has said some good things, he seems very protective of his teammates and seems like he genuinely wants Tua too succeed.

It just isn't a great look for him. Sometimes less is more. Maybe if he only did the podcast once a month it wouldn't seem so polarizing.

I don’t know much about diesch but that’s a udfa or real late rounder. They aren’t counting on that. The only thing eich is is stiff and miscast as a tackle. Your saying mauler when these guys lack nfl tackle feet and foot speed

Robert hunts the only real “mauler” on the oline. But he’s more than that he’s not a poor mans Larry Allen yet but that’s more his potential. At least on college tape it was
I've been saying since the draft that Eich was miscast as a T and I think the current staff feels the same. But Flores' staff clearly saw him as a T. That's b/c they prioritize maulers over guys with quick feet. You agreeing he was miscast as a T proves my point. They had a type and it wasn't guys like Armstead. BTW Kindley in the same draft was also a mauler on the OL brought in under the last staff.

As for Diesch, reports are that some teams had him as high as a third rounder (coincidently where Armstead was taken). They also had the same strengths and weaknesses coming out. Both were seen as great athletes but under-powered and a little lighter than the average NFL Tackle.

It's a tough situation for both Tua, and the organization. At some point, the Fins have to decide whether or not to pick up Tua's 5th year option. Tough for TT because he basically, through no real fault of his own, has wasted 2 seasons, and is now almost starting from scratch to prove himself.

Tough for the Dolphins because it becomes a question of risking throwing good assets/money after bad.
He numbers speak for him. I don’t see why he had to start from scratch. Even playing with a shizzy coaching staff and a shizzy supporting cast, he did well, all things considered.

I've listened to 3 of them. The 1st one, Tua and Waddle episodes.

The podcast really makes him seem like a diva and supremely arrogant. Confidence is a good thing but when it comes across like arrogance, that's not good.

Tyreek has said some good things, he seems very protective of his teammates and seems like he genuinely wants Tua too succeed.

It just isn't a great look for him. Sometimes less is more. Maybe if he only did the podcast once a month it wouldn't seem so polarizing.
“The podcast really makes him seem like a diva and supremely arrogant. Confidence is a good thing but when it comes across like arrogance, that's not good.”

Always, on first reference, use a proper noun. Basic English.

I've been saying since the draft that Eich was miscast as a T and I think the current staff feels the same. But Flores' staff clearly saw him as a T. That's b/c they prioritize maulers over guys with quick feet. You agreeing he was miscast as a T proves my point. They had a type and it wasn't guys like Armstead. BTW Kindley in the same draft was also a mauler on the OL brought in under the last staff.

As for Diesch, reports are that some teams had him as high as a third rounder (coincidently where Armstead was taken). They also had the same strengths and weaknesses coming out. Both were seen as great athletes but under-powered and a little lighter than the average NFL Tackle.

Kindley definite mauler. I just think tbeir oline evaluations haven’t been good

I didn’t really count him cause he’s been buried of late.

Last edited:
Tua may very well become good. That definitely may happen.

But for him to exceed Herbert level? He’d have to become like 3x better than he is now. That’s a lot.

Would you say Josh Allen is better then Herbert? Because at one point he was not very good, and if Tua would need to become 3 times better, Josh had to become 4 times better to be better then Herbert.

FRyHw1wVsAAI531.jpg

But then they brought some weapons to surround Ol' Josh, and he got much better...Would you believe it?

If you look at what each QB gives you as far as QB Ability...

Better arm...Herbert
Accuracy.....Tua
Anticipation...Tua
Run w/ ball ....Herbert
Size.......Herbert
Release...Tua
Success...Tua

Tua has had more success then Herbert with a far less efficient O-Line, top receivers hurt more then healthy, no Running game, terrible coaching from his OCs. Imagine how much better he might do with better blocking, better receivers that can be counted on, an actual running game, offensive coaches that actually can help him...Tua needs to be 3 times better? No problem

At the same stage of their pro careers Herbert is ahead of allen.

That doesn’t mean Herbert’s about to take the year 3 leap that allen did. Allens leap was in his ability/willingness to stand in and make consistent secondary reads from the pocket.

Herbert’s already showing he can do that.

If we need a win to get into the playoffs and he shitz the bed again like the last two years, it very well may be his last chance in the Dolphins uniform.

Back
Top Bottom