“No matter what they say, it’s coaching, it’s coaching.” And he then adds “they don’t appreciate you.” Elandon to Tua | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“No matter what they say, it’s coaching, it’s coaching.” And he then adds “they don’t appreciate you.” Elandon to Tua

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
As good as reading lips on the sideline:

I don't think this is the right link, they don't mention leadership at all.

here's a few I found:

"Tua is a natural-born leader," says Miami rookie Jaylen Waddle, who played with Tagovailoa at Alabama. "He is everything you look for in a leader, I feel like Tua showcases and presents…"

“…(Tua is) doing a great job. He’s doing a great job leadership-wise. He’s going into his second year. Him also like myself, having a whole year under your belt and then getting an offseason to prepare, you can anticipate more things. That’s really what football comes down to. We all can line up and play but you have to anticipate stuff. I think he’s definitely gotten a lot better with that,” said Jackson…”
“He’s definitely our leader.”

“I know the question will probably come, ‘Why isn’t he a captain?’ Just because you’re a quarterback or just because you’re this doesn’t mean you have to be the captain of you have to be this,” Hollins said.
“Tua’s an excellent leader, exceptional leader, and the transformation he’s made from last year to this year is incredible,” he continued.

I'm not saying he can, his body is what it is. However IF Tua said, "This is fcking BS." He's placing blame where it doesn't belong.

You don't break your finger, and you play in the game. That's not Flo's fault.

Didn’t Brady just play an entire season and win a Super Bowl needing surgery? I’m not comparing the two. I’m just saying how is it that if one guy does it he’s gutsy but if Tua says he can play he’s fragile and it’s his fault for getting hurt.

All QBs play through injuries. I remember Bledsoe getting his finger dislocated, coming back in and throwing a TD. Didn’t Romo and Brees play with broken bones? We will never know the truth. But if most QBs wanted to play I think that most coaches would start them and monitor the situation. Based on what I’ve seen in many similar situations.

I think this comes up with the lip reading because everyone knows they can’t trust the organization to be open about the situation and that leaves every single thing open to interpretation. It definitely feels like there’s a motive behind sitting Tua.

Didn’t Brady just play an entire season and win a Super Bowl needing surgery? I’m not comparing the two. I’m just saying how is it that if one guy does it he’s gutsy but if Tua says he can play he’s fragile and it’s his fault for getting hurt.

All QBs play through injuries. I remember Bledsoe getting his finger dislocated, coming back in and throwing a TD. Didn’t Romo and Brees play with broken bones? We will never know the truth. But if most QBs wanted to play I think that most coaches would start them and monitor the situation. Based on what I’ve seen in many similar situations.

I think this comes up with the lip reading because everyone knows they can’t trust the organization to be open about the situation and that leaves every single thing open to interpretation. It definitely feels like there’s a motive behind sitting Tua.
That's pretty much exactly what you are doing. You can't compare two injuries. One might have impacted his throwing ability, and another did not. If it did, perhaps he would have had the surgery sooner. Or maybe a Brady at 50% is still better than most of the league, and a Tua at 50% is not.

I don't think this is the right link, they don't mention leadership at all.

here's a few I found:

"Tua is a natural-born leader," says Miami rookie Jaylen Waddle, who played with Tagovailoa at Alabama. "He is everything you look for in a leader, I feel like Tua showcases and presents…"

“…(Tua is) doing a great job. He’s doing a great job leadership-wise. He’s going into his second year. Him also like myself, having a whole year under your belt and then getting an offseason to prepare, you can anticipate more things. That’s really what football comes down to. We all can line up and play but you have to anticipate stuff. I think he’s definitely gotten a lot better with that,” said Jackson…”
“He’s definitely our leader.”

“I know the question will probably come, ‘Why isn’t he a captain?’ Just because you’re a quarterback or just because you’re this doesn’t mean you have to be the captain of you have to be this,” Hollins said.
“Tua’s an excellent leader, exceptional leader, and the transformation he’s made from last year to this year is incredible,” he continued.

Jalen Waddle???

Bamainsider.com????

Austin Jackson?????

Mack Hollins??????

Cracking Up Reaction GIF

As good as reading lips on the sideline:

You can do that about other QB's around the league if you want. Here is a link about Aaron Rodgers leadership being questioned from his teammates when he was 29 years old. What does it mean in the grand scheme of things? Nothing, it means nothing.

You can do that about other QB's around the league if you want. Here is a link about Aaron Rodgers leadership being questioned from his teammates when he was 29 years old. What does it mean in the grand scheme of things? Nothing, it means nothing.

Let's see some unnamed teammates criticizing Rodgers...saying, "Well, he ain't Fitz."

Dude this article is from Jan 2021. Tua himself said he wasn't prepared for last season, not really a revelation here.
You act as if was from Jan 2015. It was the end of last season AND I've yet to see a "C" anywhere on Tua's jersey as of Nov 2021...

I'm guessing you couldn't find anything questioning his leadership(sorry, I don't have a goofy laughing gif to insert)
The fact that you quoted Austin Jackson is goofy enough....

In regards to coaching, obviously it can impact a player's performance in the short term. But in all seriousness, are there many, if any, players that come to mind where you say "he could've been so great if it wasn't for his coaching?"

At some point the talent needs to rise up above whatever the coaching challenges are. I don't think we are there yet with Tua, but it has to happen at some point, even if it's with a different team like it happened with Tannehill. No one says Ryan Leaf or Josh Rosen or Brady Quinn or Jamarcus Russell could've been great if it wasn't for his coaches. At some point that excuse just goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom