Noah Igbinoghene | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Noah Igbinoghene

I didn’t like the pick last year because I would have preferred a different position pick in the late first round. I just didn’t see the need for a CB who was said at the time would need time to develop his skills in the NFL because he had only played CB a couple of years.

That being stated, I am not going to give up on any player who has only been in the league for one year. It appears there are some posters who are willing to consider any player a bust or just not good enough if player doesn’t play at a high level immediately. I think every player needs three years
to see if they can develop and be a solid player for the team. So I am not going to judge Iggy off his play last year but I will wait to see how he plays over the next two years before I pass judgement on his ability as an NFL player.

Just as I am not going to consider Tua a disappointment after playing only 9 games in the NFL.

I didn’t like the pick at the time either. Not so much the player, but rather the position. Wanted an offensive skill or safety with that pick.
Having said that, we should ALL be pulling hard for this guy instead of having the attitude of “see I told you so.”
CB take time to adjust to NFL and Noah is no exception to that.
So...can we give the young man a little damn time before we so easily write him off?

Having said that, we should ALL be pulling hard for this guy
What you do in the privacy of your own home is nobody else's business.........

Kidding.......I agree with what you said.

Kid is young but talented. He just needed a year of NFL coaching to get up to speed with leverages, technique, etc.

A small price to pay for a potential lock down corner.

Let's hope Flo works his developmental magic on Iggy. Miami needs him to step up this year.

Hated the pick. We already had/have the 2 highest paid corners in the league. The only way you make that pick is if he’s a can’t miss prospect. IF he does turn out to be a bust it’s one of the worst picks we’ve made. Would be up there with Harris and Jordan. At least those 2 were positions of need.

i don't think so.

at Cinci iggy played a lot on the boundary (and I believe looked much better than he did in game 2).

unless needham (or whoever we were using in the slot) got hurt, you wouldn't necessarily have seen iggy if they were trying to coach him up at slot.

they didn't keep him off the field, and they didn't need excuses (imo)

this staff loves cross training everyone, and they want every player to be able to play 83929596 positions, but i totally believe in iggy's case they just wanted him to focus on the one position because of his age and the limited time he has played CB.

that being said, if he is suited to slot, he may get a look there at some point, but even if he isn't, your third boundary corner plays a lot as well (and is really good to have in case of injury).
Your post makes sense. And we were down at halftime against Cincinnati, so the roughly 1/3 of the defensive snaps he played weren't due to garbage time.

I do think it was Flo's obsession w having versatility w nearly every defensive player, especially DB's, that made me think this.

We still obviously didn't solely view him as a boundary to start the year. He played 21 slot snaps in his first two games and 9 for the rest of the season. 7 of those came in weeks 3 and 4, which were easily the games he played the most w Jones out.

So I guess the way they used him does check out with how they said they'd use him after Byron returned.

Back
Top Bottom