Noah Igbinoghene | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Noah Igbinoghene

No way. You are saying teams with winning record can only find projects in first round. Wrong.
Look at the actual stats of every draft over the last 20 or so years. Do some research. Many do not contribute much early. That’s exactly what I mean. The contrast of late 1st rounders as opposed to early and mid firsts earning a 2nd contract with their original teams is a significant difference.

Those 5 RBs are legit top 20 players at their position right now.
Iggy is a benchwarmer that might be a good special teams player. There is zero defense drafting a guy that was a late 2nd round talent at best.
I suggest you change your username, it's very misleading...
PotableCarefulAtlanticspadefish-size_restricted.gif

How many secondary players we have now? I lost count. It is crowded I know.

Knowing Flo like to have short leash with players. And he doesn't hesitate to cut under perform players regardless of draft position. What is the future with Noah? I don't like his chances.
“The cornerback Noah Igbinoghene from Auburn. Best DB I played against,” Smith said in the AMA.

I'm probably one of the few people that wanted them to draft Noah. A lot of people forget the context of the situation at the time.

1. Xavien Howard was a huge question mark at the time:
- He was coming off a major knee surgery that was apparently worse than an acl injury.
- He was involved in a domestic abuse case. At the time of the draft I don't believe anyone knew for sure if he would see a suspension.
2. Josh Boyer our new DC had just turned Nik Needham from someone that made Nolan Carrol look like Darrelle Revis compared to him at the start of 2019 to a serviceable starting corner at the end of the year.
3. Noah was very raw but had elite tools and was very young. Experience and development were required.
Flores D is based heavily on elite corner play. Even after signing Byron Jones they could not afford having Needham man an outside corner spot if X wasn't the same player after injury or suspended. Based on Needhams development curve in 2019 I believe Noah would have experienced that same growth but because he has elite tools that would translate to an elite corner. He just needed the opportunity to learn from playing. I bet he would've had a rough first half but good second half. Instead we were lucky to have X and Byron Jones healthy for most of the year. I still think this just delayed the inevitable, Noah will be an elite corner in time. Just my opinion though.

Iggy's only boundary for now, and I don't know how much boundary Needy plays, but I'm with you all the way!
I kind of feel we said we're only working with him at boundary as an excuse to keep him off the field due to the fact that he wasn't playable.

If not, just a terrible decision to use a 1st on a guy that you are going to waste a minimum of half his rookie contract on development (with no plan on really playing the guy at all). Not when ur roster has been completely gutted the year before. A ton of the value of u get w guys picked around where he was is the potential to have an underpaid starter for years.

Think we saw how he did when Jones went down, and now this is the company line until/if he improves. If he was a top 3 cover guy on this team, don't think he'd be on the bench bc he's "a boundary only."

While the OP obviously was trying to stir the pot, Im not a big fan of Noah myself.

His feet and change of direction just look so incredibly slow on the field in the NFL. Its one thing to be athletic, but instantly determining and mirroring a WR route are just as important as physical gifts.

Hopefully he steps up this year. I know he's been putting work in.

Go back and read the draft thread that was posted in real time as this pick was happening. NO ONE called his name ahead of time. NO ONE wanted him. EVERYONE was shocked at the pick. I wanted Delpit or McKinney (both injured). Others called for Winefield, Swift, CEH and others. Sometimes we are told that we have to trust our GM, etc... because they know more than us. They do this for a living and neither of us do. Well, this will be the test. Let's see if the majority of Fin Heaven are wrong about this guy or did we know better than our FO on this one. Others after the pick tried to defend it. They posted that he was versatile and could play slot or even safety. It was posted that he would return kicks and that was the end for Grant.

Ah...but he wouldn't be replacing Gaskin. He would be splitting time with Gaskin. He would basically replace Laird on the roster

Probably doesn’t move the needle.

CEH- 181 carries- 803 yds, 4 TDs.
36 rec, 297 yds, 1 TD

MG- 142 carries, 584 yds, 3 TDs
41 rec, 388 yds, 1 TD
That's not even factoring the offenses they played in.

Damien Williams averaged 4.7 ypc in his 2 years in KC. CEH averaged 4.4 last year. Williams averaged 3.6 during his 4 seasons w us.

The Oline and system determines so much of a RB's production.

Sorry I haven't read 8 pages, but Iggy will wear #9 this year instead of 23

I kind of feel we said we're only working with him at boundary as an excuse to keep him off the field due to the fact that he wasn't playable.

If not, just a terrible decision to use a 1st on a guy that you are going to waste a minimum of half his rookie contract on development (with no plan on really playing the guy at all). Not when ur roster has been completely gutted the year before. A ton of the value of u get w guys picked around where he was is the potential to have an underpaid starter for years.

Think we saw how he did when Jones went down, and now this is the company line until/if he improves. If he was a top 3 cover guy on this team, don't think he'd be on the bench bc he's "a boundary only."
i don't think so.

at Cinci iggy played a lot on the boundary (and I believe looked much better than he did in game 2).

unless needham (or whoever we were using in the slot) got hurt, you wouldn't necessarily have seen iggy if they were trying to coach him up at slot.

they didn't keep him off the field, and they didn't need excuses (imo)

this staff loves cross training everyone, and they want every player to be able to play 83929596 positions, but i totally believe in iggy's case they just wanted him to focus on the one position because of his age and the limited time he has played CB.

that being said, if he is suited to slot, he may get a look there at some point, but even if he isn't, your third boundary corner plays a lot as well (and is really good to have in case of injury).

Back
Top Bottom