Notre Dame 49 BYU 23. BECK vs. QUINN Head to Head | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Notre Dame 49 BYU 23. BECK vs. QUINN Head to Head

This topic has been beaten to death but regarding your comment about scouts who watch multiple game films, most scouts rated Quinn higher than BEck. An article in the Miami Herald even said that the Dolphins rated Quinn higher than BEck but it was close.

Seems as though your point about one head to head matchup having little value is reasonable but if you are referencing most Scout's rating of Quinn and BEck, most people rate Quinn higher...................
UMM.. you are wrong most of the scouts had beck higher. Guess you need to do some more reading.

If they played again 100 times. Quinn and ND would take Beck and BYU to the wood shed 100 times.

and? ND's squad was ranked and had a former superbowl winning NFL offensive coordinator as their head coach. Beck had a MUCH worse team. Hell even AJ Feeley beat Brady one time. Head to head matchups do not determine who the better player is.

after watching that video we should get that wide receiver he has great hands and these threads get old fast

This thread is a complete train wreck... Oh No! No! Can't... look... away!!!

I forgot Notre Dame is known for having a great defense.

To say John Beck is as good or better than Quinn is laughable. This game proves it.

One game proves it? Since when has one game proved anything about a player or players? tut tut.
We havnt got Quinn and alot of Fans want Beck to succeed, get over it.

To say John Beck is as good or better than Quinn is laughable. This game proves it.

Do you know what the difference between going against Notre Dame's defense and BYU's defense is? It's quite significant - therefore, your argument is absolutely worthless.

Let's say the Colts & Bears play a regular season game. Peyton Manning throws 2 TD's and 3 INT's, while Rex Grossman throws 3 TD's and 0 INT's. Chicago's defense is MUCH tougher than Indy's. Will that game "prove it" it terms of one's argument that Rex Grossman is a better QB than Peyton Manning?

Once again, I don't know why I responded to this thread. It doesn't deserve an intelligent response.

Using that Logic we beat the Bears in 85-being their only loss so we were a better team. Except that they won the Super Bowl by Creaming the Pats who knocked the crap out of us in the playoffs 31-14. PLease lets let them play some games in the NFL 1st.:err:

Youre comparing apples and oranges. He is talking about individual players and therefore he is waaaayyyyyy off. You are comparing teams. Beck is better than Quinn. ND is far superior to BYU in the talent department. Marino is better than McMahon and the 85 dolphins CERTAINLY WERE BETTER THAN THE BEARS.

Its about matchups man. Had we beaten NE in the AFC title game the bears wouldve lost to us in the bowl. Their style of defense was no match for Dan. The year before the 9ers were able to drop a ton of guys into coverage and still get decent pressure on Dan. The bears bring multiple forms of blitzes and it just didnt matter because if you arent locked up on the receivers Dan gets the ball out way too quick and any blitz or pressure was insignifigant. Many think our 85 team was a little better than the 84 team.

And finally your P > D, B > P so B > D argument is not valid. One team beating another that beat another team dosent make the first the best. For instance the Mavs being better than the Suns and the Suns being better than the Warriors, in no way means the Warriors cant be better than the Mavs. Its all about matchups. And finally a team beating another on a specific day dosent make them better. If NE played the phins 10 times that year the phins win 8 of them. And we wouldve beaten the Bears more often than not I think.

seriously dan marino fan. as already pointed out to you.. beck played against a much better D, and with a lot less weapons on offense. also pointed out to you is Beck's career stats are better than Quinns in all catergories Yards, TDS and completion %. Beck is going to be a great quarterback. One game worth of stats does not mean diddly. Seriuosly Just Relax!

In all honesty ND D was pretty bad themselves....I do not think there are too many people here that don't agree this team was WAY over ranked the past couple years. I think it is funny that all the people saying that ND D was such a barn burner are also the ones that were saying a couple weeks ago how ND and Quinn didn't play top competition, but we are willing to make an exception in BYUs case lol...

Given I also think this has no indication on who will be a better NFL QB, but Mueller and Cam better sure hope it ain't Brady...:sidelol:

Your thinking is flawed, one game doesn't make or break a QB.

That would be like saying that every QB of an opposing team that won a game vs. Miami/Marino had a better QB than Marino.

Quinn may end up being the better QB or he may not, but this thread certainly doesn't prove anything and doesn't even make a logical argument.

Back
Top Bottom