Number 3 why not to draft a QB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Number 3 why not to draft a QB

Draft Sewell because
2 for 1 deal as you can then push Hunt inside to G
Hopefully gives Tua more time to make decisions from even better protection. Thus more chance for which ever WR's we have to do damage.
Also hopefully bigger holes for the run game.
Following year as long as all the young OL perform then you can cut Flowers saving cap space. Think I am correct in saying the cost is only 1 mill.
Later 3/4 years on if both Jackson and Sewell live up to expectations it will be expensive to sign both but you have the option of trading one and redrafting another while keeping a very good OT.
Flowers contract out is after next season. We cut him in 2021 and it is a $10.975M dead cap hit.

Wrong, I’ll tell ya why. If Tua was in this draft he would be the 3rd - 5th QB drafted after his unimpressive season. Just because you took a guy early doesn’t mean your married to him. Dont be a Mitch Trubisky superfan GM.
Kind of a stretch to compare Tua to a college QB. The level of difficulty playing teams like the Chiefs and Bills vs BYU’s joke schedule (and loss to Coastal Carolina) is on a completely different magnitude. I understand people want to hate on Tua, but based on college performances he is the 2nd drafted QB at worse this year.

Flowers contract out is after next season. We cut him in 2021 and it is a $10.975M dead cap hit.
If we want to draft Sewell, anyone think we could trade Flowers? He didn't play bad this year, and OL is always in demand. There will be teams with the cap space to take on his contract.

I'll admit, I wanted Fitz in this last game badly. I know he couldn't come in but Tua was sinking. The first half was murder. But I don't want to draft a QB here. His first year was likely overwhelming to him. He wants to be the best in the league, but you really can't do that in your first year. I think his standard of himself was problematic. Give this guy an off-season to digest this whole season and line him up next year with more talent around him. He's not done, he's just getting started.

I believe you should always do your due diligence and if they believe a prospect is a better prospect than Tua you should pull the trigger. But, there is a scenario that could if put into play take that option off the table. Hear me out this is just speculation and for discussion sake, I am not saying we should or will do this, just an angle to discuss.

Load up on talent!! And give Tua the pieces to showcase his skills. We can all agree we need playmakers, Wr or 2, a Thumping RB, Linebackers, continue to build the lines etc. If you do all that and still don’t see the progression of Tua in a few years, we could then be in a win now position with tons of talent just lacking the qb to lead it. With that scenario we could find ourselves in a position where a older experienced solid Qb would want to go To try and win before the end of their career. A la Brady in Tampa, Manning in Denver, ect. Do you think that’s an option we could/should explore? What would be your concerns?

Is that a logical approach if the prospects are close? What day you?

just fun don’t get all crazy lol
E2E95650-99C9-4AE8-9275-F1415A3ADD4A.jpegNothing to see here

Honest question? Have you seriously scouted the other QB’s in this draft? Because I haven’t...and I plan on doing it!

Don’t you think the Dolphins should do that before a game plan is made?
A little yes, but only because those QB's are easy to scout. Trey Lance is the guy that I'd say might be a wildcard. Currently, opinions vary wildly on him.

Be sensible you give a new coach and rookie QB at least 3 years unless they poop the bed immediately. Florres took poop last year and made it 5 wins and almost made the playoffs this year which is insane.
Tua certainly did not poop the bed this year either nor did he carry the team on his shoulders but he did learn alot and got healthier which was the goal.
Realize that whatever we are rebuilding right now is a winning team that will improve Tuas performance or whichever QB takes over if Tua does not perform up to expectations in a couple of years. Have faith in Flores to yank Tua if he does not perform in year 3 but improve the team in the meanwhile. Another rookie QB in year 2 would not be a wise choice.

You either draft Zach Wilson or you load up on picks trading slightly down to a QB needy team not named New England. Grab the WR from Alabama and start surrounding the QB with REAL WEAPONS. The Fins haven't drafted dangerous weapons in a long time. The WR drops were an embarrassment yesterday..

All you guys in love with Zach Wilson... have you seen video of his throws? You can’t want Zach while complaining about Tua’s arm.

It would be a smart move to do your home work on the QB's and help drive up the value of the number 3 pick for QB needy team. So if you do trade down you perhaps get more overall value.

I'll admit, I wanted Fitz in this last game badly. I know he couldn't come in but Tua was sinking. The first half was murder. But I don't want to draft a QB here. His first year was likely overwhelming to him. He wants to be the best in the league, but you really can't do that in your first year. I think his standard of himself was problematic. Give this guy an off-season to digest this whole season and line him up next year with more talent around him. He's not done, he's just getting started.
Maybe Tua will learn from this and strive to be much better next year

Back
Top Bottom