Number 3 why not to draft a QB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Number 3 why not to draft a QB

If Flores was so quick to bench the future at QB twice who’s to say Flores won’t possibly look at a QB at 3? I’d say it’s very unlikely but who knows, maybe Flores takes a QB on day 2 as the contingency plan.

Last edited:
Maybe Tua will learn from this and strive to be much better next year

I believe Josh Allen did just that from year 2 to YEAR 3.

But in between, he had some bad tape. And last years playoff debacle, was bad.

I’ll start by saying yes I’m new but also a long time reader and enjoy most of y’all and your thoughts.. I’m sure I’m going to be called this or that but I just don’t think Tua is the answer. Franchise QBs show moments of greatness over their rookie seasons and Tua had one moment and that was the drive against a very mediocre Arizona defense. Someone said in another thread that he seemed to regress from his first couple of starts to this Buffalo game and I agree with that 100%.

He just doesn’t look the part and his confidence is not their whatsoever at least past 5-7 yards down the field. I’ll admit yes I’m a huge Clemson fan and have been since I came into this world but TLaw is the answer if you we can get up to get him. I see many people on here saying Jax won’t do it but everybody has a price. I get most of us don’t want to trade the farm to move up but life in the NFL is so much easier with a true franchise QB. The real ones make bad WR average/good and good WR great/elite. We also have cap space to fill in playmakers for a QB. However if you can’t get TLaw their is no other QB in this draft that is going to make the difference we need to take the next step.

If Flores was so quick to bench the future at QB twice who’s to say Flores won’t possibly look at a QB at 3? I’d say it’s very unlikely but who knows, maybe Flores takes a QB on day 2 as the contingency plan.

That would be a "oh ****" move.

And after Rosen, will have me questioning his ability to evaluate QBs.

That would be a "oh ****" move.

And after Rosen, will have me questioning his ability to evaluate QBs.
Flores seems like the kind of guy to admit when he’s wrong sooner rather than later as we’ve seen with the OC last year and probably again this year. Not to mention him yanking Tua from games. I’m just saying I won’t be surprised if Flores takes another QB in this draft. Probably not at 3 but I can see it happening on day 2.

I’ll start by saying yes I’m new but also a long time reader and enjoy most of y’all and your thoughts.. I’m sure I’m going to be called this or that but I just don’t think Tua is the answer. Franchise QBs show moments of greatness over their rookie seasons and Tua had one moment and that was the drive against a very mediocre Arizona defense. Someone said in another thread that he seemed to regress from his first couple of starts to this Buffalo game and I agree with that 100%.

He just doesn’t look the part and his confidence is not their whatsoever at least past 5-7 yards down the field. I’ll admit yes I’m a huge Clemson fan and have been since I came into this world but TLaw is the answer if you we can get up to get him. I see many people on here saying Jax won’t do it but everybody has a price. I get most of us don’t want to trade the farm to move up but life in the NFL is so much easier with a true franchise QB. The real ones make bad WR average/good and good WR great/elite. We also have cap space to fill in playmakers for a QB. However if you can’t get TLaw their is no other QB in this draft that is going to make the difference we need to take the next step.
Well we are not getting Trevor Lawrence . So what do you think we should do for our next step?

Maybe Tua will learn from this and strive to be much better next year
It’s a good thing Fitz wasn’t available for the bills game. Tua needs to finish a game like that where nothing is going right instead of being protected on the bench. That’s the only way he’s going to learn.

I think reality keeps Clemson favorite son in JAX.

Give this Tua guy another year.

If it doesn’t work out Brady’s contract expires after next year. We can sign him for 2022 and we should have our QB problem solved for at least another 5 years.

Well we are not getting Trevor Lawrence . So what do you think we should do for our next step?
Why can’t we? If anybody has the ammunition to make it happen it’s Miami.

If we choose not to go that route and stay at 3 their are a couple different scenarios I like. First Detroit at 7 they could look to go QB especially with a new coach/GM coming in. Those new regimes like to have their own pick at QB more times than not. If Detroit was interested in moving up I would ask for their 2022 #1 and be more than happy to drop down 4 spots just for that alone. Anything extra is icing on the cake.

Carolina and Denver are also great spots for us so we don’t drop below 10. However any trade from 1 of those 2 MUST include their 2022 #1 or I’m hanging up the phone immediately.

1 of these 3 teams are perfect trade down spots for us because I think most of us agree it’s Micah Parsons JaMarr Chase DeVonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle for our pick and 1 of them will be there even at #10.

If we get stuck at 3 and have no takers for a trade down then you have to take Penei Sewell because the value is great and he’s as close to a guarantee as their is in this draft.

Flores seems like the kind of guy to admit when he’s wrong sooner rather than later as we’ve seen with the OC last year and probably again this year. Not to mention him yanking Tua from games. I’m just saying I won’t be surprised if Flores takes another QB in this draft. Probably not at 3 but I can see it happening on day 2.

Yanking Tua from games is a indictment in my books. You commit and accept the results.

And again, if Flores seeks another QB switch or Gruden style vet QB preference, this will be all for naught.

Again questioning his ability to identify and develop QB play.

Yanking Tua from games is a indictment in my books. You commit and accept the results.

And again, if Flores seeks another QB switch or Gruden style vet QB preference, this will be all for naught.

Again questioning his ability to identify and develop QB play.
Going to be an interesting off-season for sure

Why can’t we? If anybody has the ammunition to make it happen it’s Miami.

If we choose not to go that route and stay at 3 their are a couple different scenarios I like. First Detroit at 7 they could look to go QB especially with a new coach/GM coming in. Those new regimes like to have their own pick at QB more times than not. If Detroit was interested in moving up I would ask for their 2022 #1 and be more than happy to drop down 4 spots just for that alone. Anything extra is icing on the cake.

Carolina and Denver are also great spots for us so we don’t drop below 10. However any trade from 1 of those 2 MUST include their 2022 #1 or I’m hanging up the phone immediately.

1 of these 3 teams are perfect trade down spots for us because I think most of us agree it’s Micah Parsons JaMarr Chase DeVonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle for our pick and 1 of them will be there even at #10.

If we get stuck at 3 and have no takers for a trade down then you have to take Penei Sewell because the value is great and he’s as close to a guarantee as their is in this draft.
Sewell is like 3 offensive linemen rolled into one. Good place to be stuck

Sewell is like 3 offensive linemen rolled into one. Good place to be stuck
It’s definitely not a bad consolation prize. Sewell the player is fantastic. But sitting at 3 and not absolutely having to go QB is a dream scenario for anyone. You’ve got to turn that pick into multiple picks especially when we can drop down and still get our gamebreaking WR.

Back
Top Bottom