Official 76ers Thread | Page 186 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

I liked it too guys. Sixer fans have to be the most patient on Earth, but man if these players hit we're gonna be tough. Just got to get through the horror years.

I think it's clear Brown wants to build this team just like his former team the Spurs. Embiid-Noel as our version of Robinson-Duncan. MCW as Parker. And just like Ginobili who took 3 years after he was drafted to arrive in San Antonio, Saric too will be arriving a little later to hopefully be the final piece to an established roster, including next year's picks, and all the cap room we have for free agents

I think it's clear Brown wants to build this team just like his former team the Spurs. Embiid-Noel as our version of Robinson-Duncan. MCW as Parker. And just like Ginobili who took 3 years after he was drafted to arrive in San Antonio, Saric too will be arriving a little later to hopefully be the final piece to an established roster, including next year's picks, and all the cap room we have for free agents
This team is set up to be a perennial contender for many years. I can't wait to see what this team will look like once everyone is here and healthy. We'll probably have a similar record as last year, but the more intelligent fans know that this is short term pain for long term gain.

I made my prediction on Wiggins to the Sixers before the Embiid injury, but I think Embiid will end up being more valuable over time. He may not turn into Olajuwon, but he should be very solid. We also got a bunch of nice picks coming back to us, and Saric is just 20 years old and needs a little more experience before he is ready to play with the big boys in the NBA. I think Saric's upside could make him a lot like Dirk cant-spell-his-last-name Nerwitzki?, so I am cool there. :)

McDaniels was a guy projected in the mid-20's who we got at #32. Grant should be fine as he is Horace/Harvey's son/nephew. I don't know much about Pierre Jackson, but it sounds like the Serbian guy Micic has great size for a PG at 6'6" and can really pass the ball. Hinkie secured the Sixer's future, but the next year or two might be more of the same...I am cool with that.

I made my prediction on Wiggins to the Sixers before the Embiid injury, but I think Embiid will end up being more valuable over time. He may not turn into Olajuwon, but he should be very solid. We also got a bunch of nice picks coming back to us, and Saric is just 20 years old and needs a little more experience before he is ready to play with the big boys in the NBA. I think Saric's upside could make him a lot like Dirk cant-spell-his-last-name Nerwitzki?, so I am cool there. :)

McDaniels was a guy projected in the mid-20's who we got at #32. Grant should be fine as he is Horace/Harvey's son/nephew. I don't know much about Pierre Jackson, but it sounds like the Serbian guy Micic has great size for a PG at 6'6" and can really pass the ball. Hinkie secured the Sixer's future, but the next year or two might be more of the same...I am cool with that.
I was initially hoping for Cleanthony Early with their #32 pick, but the more I've read about and watched McDaniels, I think he can be a valuable piece. I really liked the pick of Grant at #39. I think those two guys would be 1st rounders in most drafts, but with how deep this draft was, the Sixers got really good value at those spots.

I'm pretty happy with the 2nd round myself.

I'm a huge fan of McDaniels personally. I think he starts day one actually. He's going to be a great defensive player for us. Again, going off the Spurs model, he's a similar player to Kawhi Leonard. If he can develop a jumper the same way Leonard has, watch out. The fact he was an 84% FT shooter tells me he may not be as bad a shooter as advertised, or at least has some kind of shooting skill which can be worked on. Kawhi was a good FT shooter too despite being an even worse 3 point shooter than McDaniels. McDaniels was lottery pick talent and may end up being a steal.

Jeremi Grant is another guy who had lottery predictions before the season. Very limited offensively. Great size and length, terrific athlete. Kind of a tweener. I'm not as high on him as McDaniels, but I definitely think he can be a good role player for us as a defensive wing off the bench.

I liked Pierre Jackson when we drafted him last year and was sad to see him go in the Jrue trade. Then he averaged 29 ppg in the d-league. I think he can be a good scorer off the bench for us. Like a Jordan Crawford. I don't like him more than Tony Wroten though, so unless the staff feels different I don't expect too much playing time for him.

McRae. Good length, good athlete. Good all around player. Not sure he makes the team. Probably d-league bound for now. Micić has great size. Yet another 6'6" PG. Good passer. Who knows with him.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jabari Parker will probably win ROY because he'll score the most points, but I think Nerlens Noel will have the biggest impact of any rookie. His defensive ability is incredible. That combination of length, quickness, and athleticism for a big in unfair. I don't think I've ever seen a big as adept at getting steals as he is, to combine with being an elite shotblocker, and being able to stay in front of players defensively. He might get pushed around from time to time, hopefully he plays mostly PF for us as I'd like Sims to start at C, but I think he's going to be an elite defender in this league.

Jabari Parker will probably win ROY because he'll score the most points, but I think Nerlens Noel will have the biggest impact of any rookie. His defensive ability is incredible. That combination of length, quickness, and athleticism for a big in unfair. I don't think I've ever seen a big as adept at getting steals as he is, to combine with being an elite shotblocker, and being able to stay in front of players defensively. He might get pushed around from time to time, hopefully he plays mostly PF for us as I'd like Sims to start at C, but I think he's going to be an elite defender in this league.
He has looked very good in the summer league games he's played in. It's nice that we'll get to see him more in the summer league in Vegas. Even though his offensive game is still very raw, there are some noticeable improvements with his footwork down low, and that will continue to evolve over time. I knew he was a good shot blocker from what we saw when he was at Kentucky, but I didn't expect him to be so good at getting steals. Eventually pair him with Embiid, and that's going to be a fun pairing to watch.

I don't think he's as raw as originally advertised, or at the least, he's worked on his game a lot. His jumper still looks awful, but if it goes in, who cares. His free throw shooting has been the biggest thing to take from the summer league imo.

I don't think he's as raw as originally advertised, or at the least, he's worked on his game a lot. His jumper still looks awful, but if it goes in, who cares. His free throw shooting has been the biggest thing to take from the summer league imo.
He has definitely worked on his game, and it's noticeable. The jumper is something that does need work no question. I did not expect him to shoot his free throws so well. If he can consistently do that, he'll be even tougher to guard.

My God this may be the worst Sixer team ever, even worse than the team that went 9-73 back in the early 70's, and I remember how awful they were. I think they were down over 50 points in the first half versus the Mavericks last night. I was watching the game along with the Dolphins-Bills at sport's bar.

My God this may be the worst Sixer team ever, even worse than the team that went 9-73 back in the early 70's, and I remember how awful they were. I think they were down over 50 points in the first half versus the Mavericks last night. I was watching the game along with the Dolphins-Bills at sport's bar.
This team is pretty brutal. I only was able to watch a little over a quarter before I turned it off. With MCW and Noel, they'll be a little better, but wins will still be hard to come by.

Not just the worst Sixer team of all time. The worst NBA team of all time.

Not just the worst Sixer team of all time. The worst NBA team of all time.

No argument there. In a season that has been awful and will continue to be awful, it's been nice to see McDaniels play well. Looks like the plucked a good one in the second round.

Back
Top Bottom